Injury Report: Zetterberg Back Dec. 28 (Post 255)

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Horrible, horrible timing for Detroit. Just found the team's chemistry and everyone was fitting in well together. I guess we'll get to see a glimpse of what the future will be like post Zetterberg/Datsyuk

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Nyquist-Weiss-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Helm-Alfredsson
Tatar-Andersson-Miller
Cleary-Abdelkader-Samuelsson

I would rather keep Abdelkader on 2nd line, put Bert in Cleary's spot, and call Sheahan/Jarnkrok up to center the 4th line though.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
This team won't be winning any games soon...

The streak was nice while it lasted

Nah, I think they'll be fine for a while. Still more than enough talent to score goals and I think Tatar/Nyquist will step up. Team defense will be fine as it has been, especially if Howard is back to form. Huge blow for sure, but this team can stay afloat.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm less worried about the team and more worried about Z. I really hope it's not too bad and it doesn't end up taking him out for much more than 2 weeks.

Pav should hopefully be back very soon and even before that I think we can do okay since the Helm and Andersson lines are looking great and maybe, maybe this will push Weiss to step up.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
PP
Bert-Franzen-Nyquist
Alf-Kronner

Tatar-Helm-Abby
Sammy-Kindl

oy. don't see that second unit scoring anytime soon

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Nyquist-Weiss-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Helm-Alfredsson
Tatar-Andersson-Miller
Cleary-Abdelkader-Samuelsson

I would rather keep Abdelkader on 2nd line, put Bert in Cleary's spot, and call Sheahan/Jarnkrok up to center the 4th line though.

Yeah. I don't mind this. I like it. Just keep Clears away from the Top 9. Would love to see Tats in the top 6.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I'm less worried about the team and more worried about Z. I really hope it's not too bad and it doesn't end up taking him out for much more than 2 weeks.

Pav should hopefully be back very soon and even before that I think we can do okay since the Helm and Andersson lines are looking great and maybe, maybe this will push Weiss to step up.

I think we can weather the storm short term but worried about Henk. This could turn into more than 2weeks. Back injuries are the worst

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland

You'll see Pav pushing harder to get back onto the team now though. 2 weeks right now is about 8 games (2 against TB, 1 against Pitt and 1 against Anaheim...OUCH). Just have to stay above water? Could we look on the bright side and hope for a 4-4 overall. If Pavel comes back 1 week from now, that would be HUGE.

Flyers have started to play better...this game may be pretty rough on Wednesday.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Call me crazy, but this could be a bit of a blessing in disguise. The last couple of games it's been the secondary scoring, not the stars, that have been providing the offense. We will fully get to see what the kids can do now, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be well rested, Datsyuk should be back soon anyway. Weiss should step up in this situation. In a very weak East we can still easily make the playoffs, and a rested Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the playoffs could be huge. Not even close to the end of the world.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 21 s
Zetterberg said he knew something was wrong the last couple of games. Same disc that bothered him before. Evaluate again in couple weeks.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 1 min
#RedWings' Zetterberg "It's going to take some time. Hard to say when it happened, but felt worse in OTT."

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 52 s
Henrik Zetterberg (hernia) said he doesn't expect even to practice for 2 weeks. #RedWings

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
I don't see why Weiss is still on the fourth line this is a PERFECT shot for him, we have nothin to lose and he was the go to in Florida and can become the go to now, or at least attempt to

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Call me crazy, but this could be a bit of a blessing in disguise. The last couple of games it's been the secondary scoring, not the stars, that have been providing the offense. We will fully get to see what the kids can do now, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be well rested, Datsyuk should be back soon anyway. Weiss should step up in this situation. In a very weak East we can still easily make the playoffs, and a rested Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the playoffs could be huge. Not even close to the end of the world.

Totally agree that if completely healthy and rested, Z and D could tear it up heading into the playoffs. Being a natural born pessimist though, if either guy has lingering long term effects from their injuries (or God forbid both of them), this team is in real trouble. Back injuries and concussions have been known to keep guys out of action for long stretches of time. Hoping for the best though, obviously.

Seems obvious that Weiss has to pick it up in a major way. He can't continue to play at a bottom 6 center level if 13 and 40 were to both miss significant time. I wouldn't mind seeing Franzen center one of the top 2 lines either.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I don't see why Weiss is still on the fourth line this is a PERFECT shot for him, we have nothin to lose and he was the go to in Florida and can become the go to now, or at least attempt to

Because he ****ing sucks and should really be on the first plane back to Florida, what a waste of capspace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad