Injury Report: Zetterberg Back Dec. 28 (Post 255)

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Wow, 4 days after the hit. Oh well, at least it's getting attention.

I would rather it didn't. It wasn't that bad. I don't want the Wings to be team that ever embellish or draw attention resulting in a loss of fighting or physicality in this game. He lined Abdelkader up but missed and continued through with his crazy check attempt. No way Engellend meant to head shot it was a miserable fail. May be he should games suspension for not meaning to do it.

I'm starting to get pissed that unskilled fools try to check or whatever that they shouldn't try. Engellend, like Cowan on his plays lately, are reckless. They do not have the skill to check in the open ice. Fools need to calm down so less players are getting injured.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Ken Holland said Zetterberg will be ready on Dec. 28 for sure. Hoping Howard is ready Dec. 30 or Jan. 1.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I am hoping our fortunes change when he comes back. And I am confident they will. Khan makes it sound like most of our regulars should be back fairly soon.

Still concerns of re-injuryng though. Also getting the legs back. Nyquist and Abdelkader could be back for Monday, I believe. Zetterberg and Franzen just after Christmas. Howard late in December.

Any particular update on DeKeyser and Helm?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Still concerns of re-injuryng though. Also getting the legs back. Nyquist and Abdelkader could be back for Monday, I believe. Zetterberg and Franzen just after Christmas. Howard late in December.

Any particular update on DeKeyser and Helm?

Nothing on Helm, but in the DeKeyser thread I posted Khan's update: he is seeing the doctor today in hopes of being cleared for Saturday.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Nothing on Helm, but in the DeKeyser thread I posted Khan's update: he is seeing the doctor today in hopes of being cleared for Saturday.

Terrific news. When healthy, this is a top three team in the East. However, many players are injury prone, more so the stars. It's unbelieveable how the bottom six players have stayed so healthy.

Brian Lashoff is obviously going to get bumped. Brendan Smith has absolutely taken his spot. Smith's taken Kindl's too to be fair.

I'm really hoping to see Jurco stick for 5 more games or so. Most Red Wings prospects, forwards, play about 12 games the previous season before coming up full-time. Jurco looks like he could stick now.

28th.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Franzen-Nyquist
Tatar-Andersson/Helm-Alfredsson
Miller-Andersson/Glendening-Cleary
Eaves

Quite easily a top team in the East. Add in our second/third best defenseman, and then everything just kind of clicks. Despite Howard's troubles, we're strong in net. Despite the Babcock hate, we don't lack a coach. Dats/Z might need a skater though, so I'd be perfectly fine with Abdelkader up there. After the legs are back, can roll the Franzen-Zetterberg-Nyquist line again.

Can even get to Jurco back up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->