Injury Report: Zetterberg Back Dec. 28 (Post 255)

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Don't think moving Weiss up to top 6 is a good idea right now. He looks flat out awful in nearly every facet of the game. It's more likely he'll bring his linemates down rather than snap out of his slump.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't think moving Weiss up to top 6 is a good idea right now. He looks flat out awful in nearly every facet of the game. It's more likely he'll bring his linemates down rather than snap out of his slump.

Just promote Cleary - Weiss - Sammy to be the 1st line. :sarcasm:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Okay. Pavel on LTIR is probably only a matter of time anyway.

Why would they put Pav on LTIR? he could be back in a week or so. Z will go on LTIR since he's for sure out a minimum of 2 weeks and will then need at least a week of practice before he plays.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Babs will want Glendenning. I think someone like Ferraro, Jurco, Eaves or Toots would help more. Not sure about the salary issues with the later two mentioned.

Would loooove to see Jurco get a shot. We just replaced Z with Franzen. Our centers are set. Need a scoring winger to replace.

He's looked fine in the 10 minutes a game he's getting.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
So much for a .500 record.....

Just when I was starting to feel positive about this team. So who is the C now? Kronner or Alfie?

If we can finish .500 this month I'll feel good.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why would they put Pav on LTIR? he could be back in a week or so. Z will go on LTIR since he's for sure out a minimum of 2 weeks and will then need at least a week of practice before he plays.

Putting Z to LTIR should be logical with that timetable. LTIR mimimum period is that 24 days, which is 3 weeks and 3 days.

crashman

So much for a .500 record.....

Just when I was starting to feel positive about this team. So who is the C now? Kronner or Alfie?

If we can finish .500 this month I'll feel good.

The C doesn't change. I believe they just get another alternate captain. So probably Alfie, Kronwall, and Franzen. Datsyuk will take Franzen's when he comes back.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
ugh emmerton....makes zero sense

Actually it makes perfect sense considering they didn't have enough cap space for just about anyone.

The Production Line ‏@TPLhockey 4m
The only players who could have been called up with the space available were Parkes, Coetzee, & Emmerton (who was). $1000 away from Callahan

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Actually it makes perfect sense considering they didn't have enough cap space for just about anyone.

The Production Line ‏@TPLhockey 4m
The only players who could have been called up with the space available were Parkes, Coetzee, & Emmerton (who was). $1000 away from Callahan

Or they can just go ahead and put Z on LTIR, have 6M+ in cap space and call up whoever they want....

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
Or they can just go ahead and put Z on LTIR, have 6M+ in cap space and call up whoever they want....

Emmerton can do a good enough job. He knows what he is doing. He has played enough that they can rely on him and not worry about him being in over his head.

All the lines should still be able to put up points.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Then Z beasts all over his back injury and is ready to go in 2 weeks and still has to sit out a week+ and everyone calls for Holland's head.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Then Z beasts all over his back injury and is ready to go in 2 weeks and still has to sit out a week+ and everyone calls for Holland's head.

They're saying they don't even expect him to practice for 2 weeks. I am fairly confident it will be 3+ weeks before we see Zetterberg back on the roster.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 21 s
Zetterberg said he knew something was wrong the last couple of games. Same disc that bothered him before. Evaluate again in couple weeks.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 1 min
#RedWings' Zetterberg "It's going to take some time. Hard to say when it happened, but felt worse in OTT."

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 52 s
Henrik Zetterberg (hernia) said he doesn't expect even to practice for 2 weeks. #RedWings

Pretty sure we'll be lucky to get him back after only 3 weeks or so. Should put him on LTIR and bring up Jurco instead of Emmerton.

Putting Z on LTIR would open up enough cap space for DD to come back and keep Jurco up, right?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Would loooove to see Jurco get a shot. We just replaced Z with Franzen. Our centers are set. Need a scoring winger to replace.

He's looked fine in the 10 minutes a game he's getting.

As would I. I think Jurco would come up and run with an opportunity here.

XxTatar21SaucexX

MotownShowdown
Sep 3, 2012
Call me crazy, but this could be a bit of a blessing in disguise. The last couple of games it's been the secondary scoring, not the stars, that have been providing the offense. We will fully get to see what the kids can do now, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be well rested, Datsyuk should be back soon anyway. Weiss should step up in this situation. In a very weak East we can still easily make the playoffs, and a rested Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the playoffs could be huge. Not even close to the end of the world.

This right here. Nobody seems to be drawing any positives out of this situation although it is inherently bad news. This will give the opportunity to Nyquist and Tatar to step up and handle a greater portion of the offensive load. It will be valuable experience for the young guys and will accelerate their growth. Don't forget that there is Alfie that might step things up as well.

Also, if there were a time for Z and Datsyuk to be out at the same time it would be this month. The schedule is rather forgiving so there is no need to push the panic button yet.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Pretty sure we'll be lucky to get him back after only 3 weeks or so. Should put him on LTIR and bring up Jurco instead of Emmerton.

Putting Z on LTIR would open up enough cap space for DD to come back and keep Jurco up, right?

Yes they would have more than enough cap space to accommodate DD and Jurco.

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
Nyquist - Franzen - Alfredsson
Tatar - Helm - Jurco
Abdelkader - Weiss - Sammy
Miller - Andersson - Cleary

looks the most reasonable, doesn't it? put Z on LTIR seeing as he's out minimum 2 weeks, so we can bring up Jurco, and put Franzen on center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad