Value of: Your Top 4 D to the Jets

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
someone said Trouba, presumably for laughs.

Rangers:
Fox, KA Miller, and Nils L along w/prospect Schneider are off the table
don't ask.

Lindgren is almost there but given we have KAM and only need 2 to make 2nd and 3rd pair LDs out of Hajek, Reunanen, Robertson, Jones, Rykov, we could be ballsy and move Lindy IF there was adequate to signif overpay, not otherwise. Guy is emerging, fits like a glove w/Fox, etc., etc.; and $ wise going from elc to rfa is cost controlled atm. Only neg is he requires a protection slot for exp drft, which is not a prob for NYR.

Continuing with direct route on another tack, we could do one of
Hajek, Reunanen, Robertson, Jones, Rykov
for a reasonable profit.
Those guys are like 2nd round value.
Would want like
2021 2nd and a future 2nd, say delayed til 2023
for
one of them + OTT 2021 4th

something like that.

========
As to the indirect route, w/Kravtsov soon here and Barron likely making the team next season, Strome for market and Buch for profit are available. That is only pertinent here as to a possible 3 way:
Strome/Buch for a D
D to Jets
Jets futures to NYR

@Richard88 is that the type of creative task you would care to undertake and recommend as to possible fit(s)?
Hajek and Rykov wouldn't bring back a 2nd, not even close. Neither have even established themselves as NHLers, and in Rykov's case he never even got a single NHL game before bolting to Russia. Robertson has decent value but he's still only a prospect. Two 2nd's for any of those Dmen + 4th would be awful value.

As for the 3 way at the end involving Buchevnich, that would be more realistic for sure. Just need to find a team who need a forward and have a surplus of Dmen that might interest Winnipeg. Winnipeg have several D prospects (Samberg, Heinola,etc) but need someone right now so it would need to be a Dman in Buchevnich's value range rather than prospects.

Since you asked me specifically, from the Avs perspective it probably doesn't make sense for Avs to move a Dman for a forward unless it's a 3C, and Strome isn't the ideal target so I don't see a fit.

Reactions: Perratrooper

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
That would be a great pickup but man I would not want to trade Heinola or Perfetti. Is there any trade possible without including one of those 2?

Or am I way off on his value?

I think Dumba and Morrissey would make a good pairing, but I feel like Dumba is a guy who's perceived value is higher then what he brings, I think the Wild would want quite a bit for him, which is fair but I don't know if he would be worth such a high price.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
I'm not saying that Edler isn't worth it to someone, but as a 34 year old LD, the last thing Winnipeg should do is move their 1st or a high end defensive prospect for him.

Year and a half of Alec Martinez was worth two end of round 2nd's last year not sure how expiring Edler is worth a 1st

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That would be a great pickup but man I would not want to trade Heinola or Perfetti. Is there any trade possible without including one of those 2?

Or am I way off on his value?

I mean you can definitely keep Heinola. I'd also be shocked if Perfetti is included.

It would likely be a similar return to the Zucker deal where they got Addison, 1st, expiring cap dump. The problem is you don't have a forward prospect like Addison to fill that spot. Maybe Vesalainen? Maybe Torgersson? There just isn't a lot of great options for what we'd be looking for.

But timing also matters. If Winnipeg would be willing to make the move before expansion, I personally would be far more inclined to accept a 1st+Vesalinen/Torgersson/whichever prospect Guerin likes. If it doesn't happen until after the draft, and we still have Dumba, I'd be asking about Perfetti/Ehlers or I'd be moving on.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Year and a half of Alec Martinez was worth two end of round 2nd's last year not sure how expiring Edler is worth a 1st
I agree. I just didn't want to start everyone arguing over values. The main point is that at the price mentioned Winnipeg should have no interest.

Reactions: snowkiddin

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Dumba for a 1st and Vesalainen before the XD.

No from wild. The ask is a top 6c, or high 1st with top c prospect

With the role model especially in Minnesota community, such as borders without race , or Something he held on Saturday where younger black children from Minneapolis / Minneapolis & Minnesota poor communities, white, Asians, Latinos, if the amazing work Dumba is putting in / doing; it has to be taken in terms of will this also consider wild to pause

Another thing. With how close of friends, literally brothers; even with this being a business, one has to wonder if this causes wild to pause, & hold back

Also slowly, Dumba is becoming his old self meaning his value is going up

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I suppose Petterson makes sense as a young second pairing defender who is under an OK contract with term on it.

Don’t know Winnipeg’s prospects well enough to say whats reasonable given the OP’s suggestion on whats available, but if actual salary needs to come back I am not at all interested in the mentioned dumps.
So that’s likely a problem with the cap being what it is.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Or just play heinola and Samberg...
Id really like to see Samberg get a look. In terms of the Jets D this year, DeMelo has been awful. Be amazing if Seattle take him in expansion but I can't see it. DeMelo making 3mil for 3/4 more years I believe, he's about 2 sheets overpaid IMO. Stanley has been impressive in the games he's suited up, pleasant surprise and should take Forbort's role next year.

The Jets resigning DeMelo for that cost/term was idiotic.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
IN regards to the Petry for Heinola:

I am going to add to this by saying not just no.........but f&^% no

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
No.jpg

This is fantastic....sums up that Heinola for Petry so well......oh goodness..

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Jets have a need to get them to that next level and that is another top 4 D

What we have to offer
2021 picks - Depending on who it is
Prospects - Vesalainen,Gustaffsson,Chisholm,Stanley or someone else. Heinola/Samberg/Perfetti you would have to blow my doors off
Cap dump - Perrault,Beaulieu

Stanley, Vesalainen and a pick for Edler?

Retention to half and a single year cap dump assumed.

And before other Canucks fans jump down my throat, Edler has a NMC he has been vocal about not waiving in the past, and I can imagine that is still an obstacle to moving him, even if he has some roots in Winnipeg (Moose, 06-07).

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Stanley, Vesalainen and a pick for Edler?

Retention to half and a single year cap dump assumed.

And before other Canucks fans jump down my throat, Edler has a NMC he has been vocal about not waiving in the past, and I can imagine that is still an obstacle to moving him, even if he has some roots in Winnipeg (Moose, 06-07).
no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad