Value of: Your Top 4 D to the Jets

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Jets have a need to get them to that next level and that is another top 4 D

What we have to offer
2021 picks - Depending on who it is
Prospects - Vesalainen,Gustaffsson,Chisholm,Stanley or someone else. Heinola/Samberg/Perfetti you would have to blow my doors off
Cap dump - Perrault,Beaulieu

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Any of Burns, EK, Simek interest you? Burns/EK might be too expensive but I’d take back any cap dump needed. Simek is a solid number 4 in defensive mold. He would look really good with Pionk.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Any of Burns, EK, Simek interest you? Burns/EK might be too expensive but I’d take back any cap dump needed. Simek is a solid number 4 in defensive mold. He would look really good with Pionk.

Burns interest me a great deal but its a matter of fitting him in under the cap and what you would want for him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Burns interest me a great deal but its a matter of fitting him in under the cap and what you would want for him.
Ideally I’d look at something like Vesalainen/Harkins+1st+cap dumps. Maybe I’m misvaluing those guys though cause I don’t pay attention to the Jets much at all and so I entirely just looked at stats and saw both look to be struggling.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Ideally I’d look at something like Vesalainen/Harkins+1st+cap dumps. Maybe I’m misvaluing those guys though cause I don’t pay attention to the Jets much at all and so I entirely just looked at stats and saw both look to be struggling.
There would probably very little chance the Jets are interested in Burns at all with his age and remaining contract and no chance Winnipeg's first would be involved.

Reactions: Troy and snowkiddin

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

Both those guys are on the outside looking in on top 9 minutes but both have potential for those roles. But if you wanted 2 guys that have size and skill into your lineup right now then I would like do this trade.

Looking at the actual cost of Burns his real money for the next 4 years is small but the only question mark is can he still play at a decent level by the end of this contract but it may be moot from our point because we might be rebuilding by then

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Judging by the OPS responses in this thread.... This is going to get ugly fast.

You can't get a Top 4D for spare parts. Which is all that's being listed here.

Dumba for a 1st + B prospect? Come on....

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Both those guys are on the outside looking in on top 9 minutes but both have potential for those roles. But if you wanted 2 guys that have size and skill into your lineup right now then I would like do this trade.

Looking at the actual cost of Burns his real money for the next 4 years is small but the only question mark is can he still play at a decent level by the end of this contract but it may be moot from our point because we might be rebuilding by then
Yeah that’s the exact issue with Burns right now. He’s probably the best D you could get with those pieces currently but will he be the best still at the end of his contract?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Judging by the OPS responses in this thread.... This is going to get ugly fast.

You can't get a Top 4D for spare parts. Which is all that's being listed here.

Dumba for a 1st + B prospect? Come on....

Not much of a negotiation if you just offer your best deal out the gates. From my point of view a guy like Vesalainen or Gustaffsson or Chisholm is a B prospect our A prospects are Perfetti, Heinola and Samberg

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
I'll chime in it has to be an expiring contract top 4D or this trade becomes a 1 year rental anyways with the expansion draft

Gudbranson from the Sens make the most sense. Nothing crazy won't cost a ton but an RD that can push out Beaulieu and no quarantine needed

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'll chime in it has to be an expiring contract top 4D or this trade becomes a 1 year rental anyways with the expansion draft

Gudbranson from the Sens make the most sense. Nothing crazy won't cost a ton but an RD that can push out Beaulieu and no quarantine needed

Morrissey, Pionk and ?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

You're going to go into the playoffs in the weakest division in hockey with that defense because you don't want to expose Dylan freakin' DeMelo in the expansion draft????

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
You're going to go into the playoffs in the weakest division in hockey with that defense because you don't want to expose Dylan freakin' DeMelo in the expansion draft????

My point being you're not trading for a league average D man to just expose DeMelo. Not that you wouldn't expose him if you make a trade for a top pairing guy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00