Young Stars Tournament 2016

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
nice to hear. expect big things from the big boy.

Don't get excited. 10x better is still not very good. Give him a little credit. He has been better in each game. He doesn't look completely hopeless today but he did a good job of getting the standard down in the first 2 games. :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Exactly how I'm starting to feel about Nogier. Based on what I've seen, having him as a Moose regular this season is a scary though.

it just looks like he can't handle the puck whatsoever.
it's not even like the puck's a hot potato. looks like his stick's too big for him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Stanley has been a lot better by keeping things simple. Still has a lot of work to do but it's games like these that show why the scouts valued him.

Connor has been excellent, tremendous speed and skill. His board play is also good.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Exactly how I'm starting to feel about Nogier. Based on what I've seen, having him as a Moose regular this season is a scary though.

Agree. He's a good skater but just doesn't seem to think or react quickly enough to make the right plays. Kostalek looks lackadaisical.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
it just looks like he can't handle the puck whatsoever.
it's not even like the puck's a hot potato. looks like his stick's too big for him.

His gap control has been terrible as well.

Agree. He's a good skater but just doesn't seem to think or react quickly enough to make the right plays. Kostalek looks lackadaisical.

Kostalek has looked better today than he did on Friday (I missed yesterday's game), but I agree. He's slow to react.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've seen out of Jordy Stallard so far this tournament. He skates well and he's tenacious.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Berdin takes himself out of the play again. He has to stop overplaying.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Has Berdin allowed any softies in the games he's played? That's my pet peeve with our top 4 (yes, Bucky fans, he does it, too). When shots that have no business making their way into the net do, it's just soul-crushing. Don't even care how many great saves they've made up to that point, it just pisses me off no end.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
From the games I've seen this tournament Roslovic looks a tier above Harkins which is surprising as they were ranked pretty closely to each other at the 2015 draft. Maybe it's because Roslovic is playing with better linemates...

On another note, Roslovic is looking pretty good in this tournament. I don't see him having a shot at the Jets this year but I think he looks ready for the AHL instead of the OHL.

Nah... let him tear the OHL apart and get some confidence being THE SCORING GUY on the team. No need to put him on what is likely to be a struggling Moose team

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Has Berdin allowed any softies in the games he's played? That's my pet peeve with our top 4 (yes, Bucky fans, he does it, too). When shots that have no business making their way into the net do, it's just soul-crushing. Don't even care how many great saves they've made up to that point, it just pisses me off no end.

Every goalie gives up softies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad