Young Stars Tournament 2016

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I only saw one stupid penalty. He got another on a hit that I thought was pretty clean, but the Oiler acted like he was hit by a grenade.

there were 2 dumb penalties.
one was at the end of the game when he was taken hard (legally) into the boards.
the "grenade" penalty was that weird roughing one in the O zone. that was a bad call.
i remember another penalty that was just stupid. think he charged at a guy after he passed the puck? i don't recall the exact play, but i posted at the time that it was a dumb play by Lemieux.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
there were 2 dumb penalties.
one was at the end of the game when he was taken hard (legally) into the boards.
the "grenade" penalty was that weird roughing one in the O zone. that was a bad call.
i remember another penalty that was just stupid. think he charged at a guy after he passed the puck? i don't recall the exact play, but i posted at the time that it was a dumb play by Lemieux.

One at the end was inconsequential. He got benched for his dumb roughing penalty. Didn't see any of this in the Jets pre-season last year. Will be interesting to see how he plays in the main team.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
kid was great for an 18 year old who plays in russia on a larger ice surface.
once he stops overcommitting, he'll be real nice.

Berdin was very athletic - like Pav. He played the puck well - like Pa.... He tracked the puck very well -like ....... not like Pav. :laugh: 1 out of 3 might be good.

Apparently he speaks almost no English. That had to make it even tougher. I liked him. I think we might have another good goalie prospect there in a year or 2.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Well. I just watched the video on the previous page and for those wondering what this "tournament " with no winner is all about... have a listen . Vincent explained it pretty well.

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
You can't decide anything about a coach who has two days with a group of players he's never worked with before, then takes them into a preseason tournament.
Vincent might be a terrible coach, or he might be the next Scotty Bowman; I have no idea. What I do know is that any coach needs time, weeks if not months, to start to shape a team. I'll reserve judgement for now.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
You can't decide anything about a coach who has two days with a group of players he's never worked with before, then takes them into a preseason tournament.
Vincent might be a terrible coach, or he might be the next Scotty Bowman; I have no idea. What I do know is that any coach needs time, weeks if not months, to start to shape a team. I'll reserve judgement for now.

Yep, not convinced that Vincent is the answer for the Moose (probably not is my feeling on it), but when the options were to keep him on the Jets as an assistant, or release him outright (with I think two years left on his contract), I don't mind giving him one more chance on the Moose.

As long as that is all it is -- just another chance. Just as long as they don't turn around and resign him with little justification. Can't see the Moose going anywhere fast given the D depth there now, but hey, one never knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad