Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
image.jpg

Schedule

Sept 16 Calgary vs Winnipeg 6:00CT

Sept 18 Vancouver vs Winnipeg 4:00CT

Sept 19 Edmonton vs Winnipeg 1:00CT

The group playing in Penticton will be on the ice together for the first time at MTS Iceplex on September 15, at 12:30 pm.

Canucks Roster
http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Young Stars Roster 2016.pdf

Flames Roster
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=892364

Oilers Roster
http://oilers.nhl.com/v2/ext/roster/20160913_RookieCampRoster.pdf

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Not released yet as there are still question marks, I believe.

This may be the last bit of news leaked from me everyone, so enjoy.

Morrissey will not likely be going, but Petan may be. All other first year pros and younger should be going (excluding NCAA players and those who played in NHL last year for full season).

Denham, Fronk, and Wilson from Moose will likely be going.

Waked and Rubins are the Jets two invites. There may be another invite or Moose defender coming.

Berdin is being asked to go but hasn't said yes. Depends on whether he plays in Russia or in USHL this season. If Berdin doesn't, expect Comrie there with little to no icetime and Phillips mostly playing.

So, I'm expecting:

Forwards
Blomqvist
Connor
De Leo
Denham
Fronk
Gennaro
Harkins
Lemieux
Lodge
Petan?
Roslovic
Spacek
Stallard
Waked

Defense
Green
Kostalek
Nogier
Rubins
Stanley
Wilson
+1 more?

Goalies
Berdin?
Comrie
Phillips

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Morrissey will not likely be going, but Petan may be. All other first year pros and younger should be going (excluding NCAA players and those who played in NHL last year for full season).

Waked and Rubins are the Jets two invites. There may be another invite or Moose defender coming.

Berdin is being asked to go but hasn't said yes. Depends on whether he plays in Russia or in USHL this season. If Berdin doesn't, expect Comrie there with little to no icetime and Phillips mostly playing.

So, I'm expecting:

Forwards
Blomqvist
Connor
De Leo
Denham
Fronk
Gennaro
Harkins
Lemieux
Lodge
Petan?
Roslovic
Spacek
Stallard
Waked

Defense
Green
Kostalek
Nogier
Rubins
Stanley
Wilson
+1 more?

Goalies
Berdin?
Comrie
Phillips

Very interesting with regards to Josh! Is that a sign that the org feels he's ready to start and they don't want to risk him getting injured. Or do they want to keep him healthy as an insurance policy incase the Trouba negotiations drag into the start of the year.

This could be another positive sign that the org is ready to turn over a new leaf with regards to player usage.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
An interview with him earlier this summer seemed to imply that he was having a great offseason training so unless he tweaked something recently all signs pointed to him being healthy.

Yeah the Jets probably just think it is unnecessary for him at this point.

Plus the captain's practices need bodies too :sarcasm:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Very interesting with regards to Josh! Is that a sign that the org feels he's ready to start and they don't want to risk him getting injured. Or do they want to keep him healthy as an insurance policy incase the Trouba negotiations drag into the start of the year.

This could be another positive sign that the org is ready to turn over a new leaf with regards to player usage.

Interesting possibility. If the Jets are forced to play Morrissey until Trouba signs and Josh really wows everyone it could be win-win.

m.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I actually like that defense group a lot more than I have in years past I think.. Obviously no Morrissey level standout but I think that's better depth than we've been accustomed to.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I actually like that defense group a lot more than I have in years past I think.. Obviously no Morrissey level standout but I think that's better depth than we've been accustomed to.

I agree, it looks like a pretty good mix. Josh's absence allows for other players to step up.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014

So, I'm expecting:

Forwards
Blomqvist
Connor
De Leo
Denham
Fronk
Gennaro
Harkins
Lemieux
Lodge
Petan?
Roslovic
Spacek
Stallard
Waked

Defense
Green
Kostalek
Nogier
Rubins
Stanley
Wilson
+1 more?

Goalies
Berdin?
Comrie
Phillips

So Berdin playing in the USHL is a legitimate possibility for this year then. Interesting

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015

God.... I hope you are right!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
we should just call this tournament the Forever Bloomqvest Tournament.

no reason for Morrissey to play. none.
Petan, though? that's a small head scratcher. even De Leo playing, i wonder about.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So Berdin playing in the USHL is a legitimate possibility for this year then. Interesting

Would be pretty cool, alot easier to watch/keep an eye on his stats. Though I wonder if he'd develop better playing against men in Russia.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Petan, though? that's a small head scratcher. even De Leo playing, i wonder about.

Somebody has to play. Or you won't field a full lineup

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Taking sophomore pros who were in the AHL like De Leo and Morrissey is the norm to this tournament.

It's players who had their sophomore season already that's rare, like when Jets did with Cody Sol once.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Taking sophomore pros who were in the AHL like De Leo and Morrissey is the norm to this tournament.

It's players who had their sophomore season already that's rare, like when Jets did with Cody Sol once.

Do you have an idea why the Jets are leaning away from having Morrissey and possibly Petan partaking in the tournament?

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
I like Cederholm. I think he has potential. He's a leader and knows where to be on the ice. If he could up his offense he's got a good shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad