Post-Game Talk: **** you, Refs. Jets lose 5-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
What was his other option besides Harrison?

WTF anybody has to be better than Harrison on the PK. Has Mo not realized how pathetic the PK has been ever since he arrived. Once among the best in the league, now the worst. I realize Stu is hurt but he has Pardy & Postma sitting there and both are a heck of a lot better than that slow old fart.

RaakaArska

Jul 14, 2014
Obviously not the best game from the whole team, excluding third line.

But man were those refs bad. Totally unacceptable non call on the Pens' second goal. As we saw Letang was already shooting the puck when the player heading to the bench actually reached it. I mean...UGH! Guess you can just send 5 fresh players in to force the play and just wait for the 5 other, long shift played ones to return to bench eventually. At some point. No rush. No need to make calls.

And then the penalties. 2 of the 3 Jets' penalties were deserved and had no problem with them. On the other hand, Lowry's penalty was just phantom. But what baffles me is why weren't pens getting any penalties? I mean from the top of my head Letang's cross-checks (happened twice atleast) were pretty obvious and so was Downie's hit (charging) on Enström in the first period. (Well might be debatable, but definitely worse than Lowry's hit). Wheeler also caught stick up high at some point during a rush. But the bottom line is: 0 penalties for pens (well majors and those slashing penalties leading to 4 vs 4, but no PP's to us). Unacceptable.

Pavs also deserves a HM, but discussing it further is just beating a dead horse. We knew what was ahead.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Kane looked unreal tonight! And Lowry may be the most under rated Jet IMO, he is progressing so well and at a fast rate. And this guy has a ton of character too, will be part of our future captains along side Trouba and Scheifs. Thor is a beaut. Rest of the team was still on holidays, damn ASG.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I want Chevy to do a goalie swap with some team at the deadline, just get Pav the **** outta here. There might be a decent goalie somewhere in there, but not here. I think he's playing to be traded, please, trade his ass.

And which team would that be with? A seller wanting to shed contracts to build for the future? Or a buyer looking to get stronger for a playoff run? I can't imagine a team taking Pavs on unless you take over some cap killing horrible long term contract for them.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
And which team would that be with? A seller wanting to shed contracts to build for the future? Or a buyer looking to get stronger for a playoff run? I can't imagine a team taking Pavs on unless you take over some cap killing horrible long term contract for them.

Trade straight up for Richards....?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
What was his other option besides Harrison?

As hard as this is to believe.....Pardy. I'm not sure Postma or Trouba playing on their off side is the best option so Pardy is the option as the LHD. He was arguably better than Stu 2.0 when they were both in the lineup.

Bottom line is neither if them should really be anywhere near a legitimate NHL top 6.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As hard as this is to believe.....Pardy. I'm not sure Postma or Trouba playing on their off side is the best option so Pardy is the option as the LHD. He was arguably better than Stu 2.0 when they were both in the lineup.

Bottom line is neither if them should really be anywhere near a legitimate NHL top 6.

From the evidence in front of us, I'd play Pardy before Harrison. Hopefully Stuart won't be out too long. As maligned as he is, he is still far closer to a #6 guy.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
$1.5M for 4 years. But still a bargain ;)

would have been even a better bargain had he been bought out last summer when it should have happened.

I think the best we can hope for now is that we finally start running a real number 1 in Hutch and actually treat Pav like the (expensive) back-up he really is. I don't have any confidence in Pav's ability to handle the demotion though. I think it could shake his confidence and make him even worse in net...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
From the evidence in front of us, I'd play Pardy before Harrison. Hopefully Stuart won't be out too long. As maligned as he is, he is still far closer to a #6 guy.

I don't necessarily disagree with you....woulda been out of character for Mauruce IMO.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think Harrison is the worst d-man I've seen in a Jets 2.0 Jersey.

Stu! Come back! I didn't mean the things I said!!!

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Has always been his biggest weakness, he's often just a half second too slow in headmanning the puck. But I'll take thinking too much over this:

bogosian.gif

Thankfully, we seem to be seeing fewer and fewer moments where Bogo's brain loses connection with the rest of his body. :laugh:

I don't think I'll ever forget that goal, but seeing it 100x in a row just now made me realize... Pav dove out of the way of the puck. Not a lot of goalies are going to save a lot of shots like the shot taken here but he actually pulled a soccer shootout-style shoot left dive right kinda move. Stinky.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
There is No upside to Harrison. He is too old and slow, constantly gets beat to the outside and has been costing as goals against since he got here. Reminds me of Shawn Cronin. Nice to see posters are starting to see the light.

This has been a critism of Pomo in the past he has his guys and if your one of them your going to play.

On pavs, new coach and he still starts, one has to wodner what is going on upstairs.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think Harrison is the worst d-man I've seen in a Jets 2.0 Jersey.

Stu! Come back! I didn't mean the things I said!!!

I'd like to say "Ran_y Jones says Hi!", but it's a toss-up. I would also like to see Stu Classic return to the line-up - New Stu isn't doing it for me.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Pavs wasn't good, but Harrison was terrible, surprised more people aren't mentioning this. The guy he was supposed to be tying up scored every single goal for the Pens. That's brutal.

THIS.
1st goal - Pavs wasn't great. Harrison was worse.
another goal - a Penguin had 1 leg in the crease before the shot was taken AND he was poking at Pavs. no clue why that wasn't called.
the 6 man rush was also great.
Harrison had another gaffe. which is a shame because, at times, he played well.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not sure who this is directed towards, but I was singing Bogosian's (and Enstrom's) praises just prior.

Not really directed at anyone. Just a general observance.

When Bogosian was playing piss poor the torches were out. Now that he's playing so well it's all to do with his partner.

I don't see Toby pulling strings making Bogosian execute at a high level. As a matter of fact Bogo was the better of the two again last night so maybe he makes Enstrom better?

Same annoyance as Buff being the reason Chiarot has played well. I didn't realize he had his hand up Ben's bottom muppet-style.

Mostly, though, I am just beyond pissed off about the game last night. Still.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Not really directed at anyone. Just a general observance.

When Bogosian was playing piss poor the torches were out. Now that he's playing so well it's all to do with his partner.

I don't see Toby pulling strings making Bogosian execute at a high level. As a matter of fact Bogo was the better of the two again last night so maybe he makes Enstrom better?

Same annoyance as Buff being the reason Chiarot has played well. I didn't realize he had his hand up Ben's bottom muppet-style.

Mostly, though, I am just beyond pissed off about the game last night. Still.

Enstrom and Stu.
Bogo and Trouba.

that would be interesting pairings.
don't care which way any of them shoot. it's not like Stu and Enstrom shoot anyways.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Enstrom and Stu.
Bogo and Trouba.

that would be interesting pairings.
don't care which way any of them shoot. it's not like Stu and Enstrom shoot anyways.

Shooting is irrelevant. O zone is not the reason they don't do it.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
For those keeping track... Pavelec's record (as a Jet) when playing in Pittsburgh is now 0-5 ; 6.00 GAA ; .822 SV%. Those stats were actually worse before last night's game.

I just can't grasp PMo's mindset with this goalie rotation. Hutch comes off a shutout, is well rested, while our "starter" can barely stop a beach ball when playing in Pittsburgh. Yet Hutch takes a spot at the end of the bench. Is this really on Maurice or is Chevy pulling the strings?? Maurice just seems to smart to keep this nonsense going. Now we'll see Pavs against a division rival... bets on if he can repeat his performance from the last Dallas game??

Everyone remembers what happened to the Jets 1.0 back in the early 90's when we last went with the goalie rotation idea?? :help:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Everyone remembers what happened to the Jets 1.0 back in the early 90's when we last went with the goalie rotation idea?? :help:

yes. because that's how Jets v2.0 should operate.
based on history from 20 years ago from a different franchise.

people forget that, although he's putting up stellar numbers, Hutchinson may not be ready for a 60 game NHL workload plus playoffs. i have no issue with a goalie rotation. but i'm at the point where the split should be 65:35 Hutch: Pavs.
perhaps last night's game is the tipping point for that. Hutch is in Phila. if he plays well, go back to him on saturday night.
totally cool with having Hutch ride the wave, but not for him to be run to death.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
For those keeping track... Pavelec's record (as a Jet) when playing in Pittsburgh is now 0-5 ; 6.00 GAA ; .822 SV%. Those stats were actually worse before last night's game.

I just can't grasp PMo's mindset with this goalie rotation. Hutch comes off a shutout, is well rested, while our "starter" can barely stop a beach ball when playing in Pittsburgh. Yet Hutch takes a spot at the end of the bench. Is this really on Maurice or is Chevy pulling the strings?? Maurice just seems to smart to keep this nonsense going.

If you listen to Maurice speak, he seems to have a new philosophy of thinking it's a good thing to change your goalie after he plays well instead of only after a bad game. He talks about that all the time. I think he abandons that thinking if it starts costing the team in the standings. Hutch's time is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad