Post-Game Talk: **** you, Refs. Jets lose 5-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Bogosian was 10 better than Trouba tonight but yet again he gets no love.

I wonder if Trouba is going to suffer the same fate when Morrissey arrives.

Bogo's been ****in great. I think people forget how guys like Hedman and Vlasic developed...

He's a great athlete but it takes time to learn defence!

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I tell my friends that if I win season ticket holder of the game and it's Pavelecs jersey, I'd take it in to get Pavelecs name and numbers removed and put Hutchinson on it. I'm only partially kidding.
Lol... it is a nice keepsake. Only problem is it it like a 46 or 48G and is fricken huge. No way I could ever wear it or it will ever fit me (unless I go on a strict diet of Jetsdogs). When they called to tell me in advance that I won, there was a small part of me that was hoping it was little Enstrom's so it would fit...

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Lol... it is a nice keepsake. Only problem is it it like a 46 or 48G and is fricken huge. No way I could ever wear it or it will ever fit me (unless I go on a strict diet of Jetsdogs). When they called to tell me in advance that I won, there was a small part of me that was hoping it was little Enstrom's so it would fit...

Could be worse, I know guys with Tanner Glass jerseys. Like, that they paid for.

seasontixholder*

So 80% chance (depending on the Oilers) of finishing last but 20% chance of getting McJesus.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
**** the one-sided reffing
**** Harrison
**** Pavelec

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Exactly this....

The refs were horrendous, but I put this game squarely on Maurice.

Harrison is an absolute atrocity on defense. I don't ever want to see him in a Jets uniform again. The Jets are said to have excessive depth on D, but Maurice seems to think it's a good idea to put this guy on the PK in a close game.

Starting Pavs was another terrible coaching decision. It's not so much about Pavs being bad against the Pens. It's that the Jets needed to keep momentum coming out of the break, so you play your best goalie. Period.

Kane and Lowry were beasts tonight. Thorbs was fine with them, but those two were the only forwards that really had it going.

Scheifele looked jet-lagged, or something. Inexcusable effort from #55 tonight.

LLW not much better. Wheeler's penalty was just plain stupid.

Jets might have won this game with better reffing, but they could have won it with the same reffing if they had better coaching a better effort from their "top 2" lines.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Bogo's been ****in great. I think people forget how guys like Hedman and Vlasic developed...

He's a great athlete but it takes time to learn defence!

Bogo was rock-solid in all facets. Trouba's shaking off some rust, and played better.

It's easy to look better with Enstrom on you left, rather than Harrison. :rant:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
30 shots, 26 saves, 23 rebounds into the slot. #pavelectricity

...hate to say it, but Pavs looked like he'd had a few before the game tonight. He was swimming through his crease all night, and couldn't find the puck to save his life. As usual, any shot on net is a likely rebound in a dangerous place.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thorburn is 3-1-4 +2 in his last 4 games. He's had a really good year all 'round.

That game will badly shake Pavelec's confidence. Not what he needed.

Hoping this shakes Maurice's confidence in Pavs....

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
I find it very hard to believe there's a conspiracy against the Jets, but reffing like this really gives that impression. Terrible.

Pavs was poor. It was rebound city out there.

Most of the team looked like they were still on vacation.

Thor, Lowry, Kane were easily the best line on the ice.

Forget about this one and move on to the Flyers.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Do you not think there should be one vet in the lineup?
Pavelec is a veteran loser. Do not want. If you're worried about rushing Hellebucyk, consider another prospect we have. After a rough 2013-2014 season, Jussi Olkinuora has a .916 SV% after 27 games with the ECHL Ontario reign this season. For comparison purposes, Hutchinson went .921 with the same team over 28 games last season. Olkinouora is 24, turning 25 in November.

Also, could someone explain the financial pros and cons to buying out Pavs?
Pavelec has 2 years remaining on his contract. It's backloaded, so he'd be getting $4.2 million per year for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017. The $3.9 million cap hit is due to averaging over his entire contract.

If the Jets buy him out in the summer, they would pay 2/3rds of the $8.4 million amount remaining, saving $2.8 million. The money would be payed out over 4 years (2015-2016 to 2018-2019) at $1.4 million per year. I believe they would also carry a cap hit of $1.3 million per year for the 4 year period.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Some have wondered whether True North is the type or organization to pay someone to not show up to work, but not having Pavelec in net at all for only $1.3m a year?

Talk about bargains!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Some have wondered whether True North is the type or organization to pay someone to not show up to work, but not having Pavelec in net at all for only $1.3m a year?

Talk about bargains!

$1.5M for 4 years. But still a bargain ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No... this is completely on Maurice.

The way he was fighting the puck, giving up rebounds and leaving huge parts of the net wide open I actually had the thought pass through my mind that Maurice might pull him before he had a chance to give up a goal. That was brutal. :shakehead :(

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Bogosian was 10 better than Trouba tonight but yet again he gets no love.

I wonder if Trouba is going to suffer the same fate when Morrissey arrives.

Not sure who this is directed towards, but I was singing Bogosian's (and Enstrom's) praises just prior.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
and I agree 100%. How can you keep putting Pavs in games where you know he's gonna let you down & keep using Harrison when he has other options (ESPECIALLY on the fricken PK which has been beyond atrocious ever since Harrison has arrived).

What was his other option besides Harrison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad