Confirmed Trade: [WSH/TOR] Rasmus Sandin for 2023 BOS 1st round pick and Erik Gustafsson

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Sandin is in for a very rough time in Washington, as their stars are over the hill and nearing retirement. Doubt they'll be close to the playoffs until 2027ish.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wasn't he in the Bouchard/Dobson draft? These players are super young and still developing. Oilers fan hate on Bouchard at times but understand you can't trade a D this young just because he's not yet "perfect". Dubas made a mistake, and it may cost him his job.
This isn't Tolvanen's scenario where team just gave up on him. Dubas got a good deal.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
hed almost be torontos leading scoring dman. calling him a #6-8 is wrong.

why do some leaf fans trash the guy after hes gone.
He averaged 16-17 minutes on the leafs before we acquired McCabe.

Rielly
Giordano
McCabe

Are all above him on the depth chart on the left side. Like I said, I’m glad he’s doing well.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
John Carlson is back? That’s new to literally everyone, John Carlson included.

Carlson isn’t back, for anyone who’s actually informed.

It’s questionable whether Carlson will return at all this season.
You look very silly right about now LOL

People playing insider on these forums is hilarious

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You look very silly right about now LOL

People playing insider on these forums is hilarious
Was John Carlson in the Capitals lineup when this poster made the statement that
John Carlson is back. Best Sandin can do is 2D.

Even then, you can’t argue he’s good defensively. Maybe average at best.
it’s really that simple.

Considering this post was made before the Capitals last game which Carlson also missed (to go along with the previous 35), no the answer is that Carlson factually was not back at that time. You’re reading too much into it and it’s transparent and foolish.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Was John Carlson in the Capitals lineup when this poster made the statement that

it’s really that simple.

Considering this post was made before the Capitals last game which Carlson also missed (to go along with the previous 35), no the answer is that Carlson factually was not back at that time. You’re reading too much into it and it’s transparent and foolish.
You said Sandin will be the #1D for the rest of the season.

I stated Carlson was back, and Sandin would at best be a #2. Carlson is back now, but yes, I said it one game early.

If you want to argue semantics, 1 game earlier is much closer than “out for rest of season”.

Reactions: LeafsNation149

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Wasn't he in the Bouchard/Dobson draft? These players are super young and still developing. Oilers fan hate on Bouchard at times but understand you can't trade a D this young just because he's not yet "perfect". Dubas made a mistake, and it may cost him his job.

GMs don't tend to get fired for losing trades just because its beneficial to another team or else Dubas would have been fired already for the horrible Kadri trade. Dubas will get fired if the leafs lose in the first round again cause its a results oriented business and no one cares about regular season success if you don't have any playoff success.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Does every bad player on a bad team go above PPG as a defenseman since joining that team? Is Erik Karlsson a bad player?
are you really trying to compare Sandin to EK?

GMs don't tend to get fired for losing trades just because its beneficial to another team or else Dubas would have been fired already for the horrible Kadri trade. Dubas will get fired if the leafs lose in the first round again cause its a results oriented business and no one cares about regular season success if you don't have any playoff success.
speaking of the Kadri trade. when it first happened alot of people thought it was a steal for Toronto
capfriendly the voting system has Toronto winning 129 to 60
I mean just read the comments

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You said Sandin will be the #1D for the rest of the season.

I stated Carlson was back, and Sandin would at best be a #2. Carlson is back now, but yes, I said it one game early.

If you want to argue semantics, 1 game earlier is much closer than “out for rest of season”.
If you want to argue [not] semantics; John Carlson is returning from a very serious injury (skull fracture with arterial damage) and the Capitals are nearly (if not mathematically) eliminated from Playoff contention.

Under the circumstances I’d say it’s definitely possible that reports of the demise of Sandin’s time as Wsh 1D (for this season) may have been greatly exaggerated.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
are you really trying to compare Sandin to EK?

speaking of the Kadri trade. when it first happened alot of people thought it was a steal for Toronto
capfriendly the voting system has Toronto winning 129 to 60
I mean just read the comments

Ya and if you do the poll now, what would the result be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad