Confirmed Trade: [WSH/TOR] Rasmus Sandin for 2023 BOS 1st round pick and Erik Gustafsson

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
8GP
0G
0A

I think he isn't a top pairing guy but he is a good dman, so this is surprising. Any caps fans elaborate on his statline?
Like most of the team he struggled a bit at first adapting to his third defensive system in a few months. He’s played much better though and the points will come. Very smart player, makes good decisions with the puck, creative and always with his head up in the offensive zone. He’s a bit slow and can get outmuscled defensively so he’s best when they don’t have to defend in their zone for long stretches of time. I like him as a player but will be left wanting a bit more if his development is finished (which I don’t think it is). That he hasn’t had any points is more of an indictment on poor finishing luck than it is on the quality of his play.

1698844496410.png

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Your description said junior highlights and hype trains players seen as untouchable in trades.
Biggs never had good junior numbers or highlights, which lead to never having any real hype and being an early disappointment pick within the fanbase. He was never, ever considered "untouchable"...neither was Gauthier for that matter whose junior numbers stagnated and regressed despite making team Canada at the wjc. Percy was never seen as much more than a 5-6 with maybe slim top 4 upside, a boring pick at the time who then had injury problems. Was not very hyped, rarely had any highlights to speak of, never discussed as untouchable.
Sandin was drafted and went right to the AHL, so his hype was never based on junior numbers but on pro performance as a junior eligible player.
Lilljegren is a pretty good defenseman in the NHL and people got sick of seeing his name because he was thrown into so many trades because he wasn't seen as untouchable.

None of them fit your description all that well, but you seem like the kind of guy that sees a square peg and a round hole and jams away until neither is distinguishable.

I'd love to see a crumb of proof that he was hyped at all, let alone massively lmao. As someone who was a Leaf fan, he was thrown around in trades because he was seen as boring and expendable...and Leafs fans distaste of the pick started a week before the draft when reports of the Leafs courting him hard came out.

Cool. Always gotta turn to personal attacks commenting on a post from weeks ago. Glad you know my entire character and story from one opinion on a hockey forum. I'm sure you're fun at parties too.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
He looked utterly lost to start the season. Then again, so did everyone on the team.

He's played a bit better these past few games IMO.

gotothedirtyareas

May 4, 2022
Like most of the team he struggled a bit at first adapting to his third defensive system in a few months. He’s played much better though and the points will come. Very smart player, makes good decisions with the puck, creative and always with his head up in the offensive zone. He’s a bit slow and can get outmuscled defensively so he’s best when they don’t have to defend in their zone for long stretches of time. I like him as a player but will be left wanting a bit more if his development is finished (which I don’t think it is). That he hasn’t had any points is more of an indictment on poor finishing luck than it is on the quality of his play.

View attachment 761140
SEE ATTACHMENT>

WTF is this chart? It's like baseball with all the BS stats...exit velo, OPS, WAR, batting average after the seventh inning in a dome in night games???

Whatever happened to just watching someone play and evaluate based on what you see?

Sandin is a very average defenseman. Smallish. Not fleet of foot. Gets overpowered. Like maybe a $3M AAV contract tops!.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
SEE ATTACHMENT>

WTF is this chart? It's like baseball with all the BS stats...exit velo, OPS, WAR, batting average after the seventh inning in a dome in night games???

Whatever happened to just watching someone play and evaluate based on what you see?

Sandin is a very average defenseman. Smallish. Not fleet of foot. Gets overpowered. Like maybe a $3M AAV contract tops!.
When you don't agree with the stats, just go with vibes. That's definitely the best way to evaluate players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad