Waived: [WSH] F Evgeny Kuznetsov waived by the Capitals (cleared)

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Translation: someone please claim him.
I think the translation is he's available for nothing and we'll pay half his salary.

I think we can assume the Caps know he isn't going to be claimed. Having just been through treatment he's probably clean for the moment which makes it likely his play will improve, but not nearly enough to be worth his paycheck and the potential headache going forward.

IIRC the Caps have come out and said they'd consider retaining on him. It isn't something you say if you expect a player might get claimed, as it gives teams an incentive not to claim him, knowing they may get him for nothing of value with his salary and cap hit partly retained by the Caps.

The Caps have indicated that if he clears (translate: when he clears) they intend to assign him to the minors. No doubt they'd be delighted if he refused to report and they could suspend him.

I guess that things must have been repeatedly bad over a period of time for the Caps to so clearly want to move on, though is is possible they merely want to move on because they want to find a better use of the money they'd otherwise have to pay him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciao

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
whats the buy out...no one is trading for his washed up behind

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I acknowledge It's a huge risk, but if you can get a player this skilled and talented for cheap, because he probably won't get a ton because most of the teams he want to go to don't have a ton of money.

If you are a contender and you can get him cheap you should he's to talented to not to at least call his agent.

Boston should be ALL over this.
Becuz the B's have a Russian in Pasta, it may work. For those saying Kuzy should go to so and so team if he becomes a FA, if your team doesn't have any Russian players and isn't a playoff contender, then forget it!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Becuz the B's have a Russian in Pasta, it may work. For those saying Kuzy should go to so and so team if he becomes a FA, if your team doesn't have any Russian players and isn't a playoff contender, then forget it!

My team has 2 Russian players and is a playoff contender.

Also I'm pretty sure Pasta is Czech.

He is I looked it up.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I’d talk to his agent and the caps and be inquiring if I were a GM with space for a centre. The dude is obscenely talented and did what he did in his career so far with the issues he has.

I bet you could get him at 50% retention. You could let him play in the A and dominate, get his legs under him and build sobriety and call him up once he gets rolling. It’s a good thing to get him out of the spotlight while he works on his issues.

Maybe it’s best he stays in Washington though, it really depends on his support system. I believe in him though and am hopeful that he can overcome this. I’d take a flyer on him if I was a team that needs a centre. A team like the Bruins have an excellent organization and could probably bring him back into the 1C they need and he can be.

Rooting for him though. I don’t think people realize how talented this guy is.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
whats the buy out...no one is trading for his washed up behind
Caps aint buying him out. Ted Leonsis has a very bullish history in regard to buying out players contracts. It's more likely that Kuzy won't report to Hershey, Caps then have an out clause to terminate his contract for breaking it(he has a clause in his contract that he has to report to Hershey if the team chooses to do so). Suspending him does no good for him or the team.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I’d talk to his agent and the caps and be inquiring if I were a GM with space for a centre. The dude is obscenely talented and did what he did in his career so far with the issues he has.

I bet you could get him at 50% retention. You could let him play in the A and dominate, get his legs under him and build sobriety and call him up once he gets rolling. It’s a good thing to get him out of the spotlight while he works on his issues.

Maybe it’s best he stays in Washington though, it really depends on his support system. I believe in him though and am hopeful that he can overcome this. I’d take a flyer on him if I was a team that needs a centre. A team like the Bruins have an excellent organization and could probably bring him back into the 1C they need and he can be.

The bridges are burned between Kuzy and the team! He wants to move on and the team wants to move on from him. Behind the scenes Kuzy has become a locker room issue.

My team has 2 Russian players and is a playoff contender.

Also I'm pretty sure Pasta is Czech.

He is I looked it up.
I looked at the B's current roster and they have no Russian players, so forget it.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
Reading comprehension is your friend. I went over this. Addiction is not the same as the policy consequences of how it and homelessness are managed. The latter is part of why property crime, etc., are high. Addiction rates are not.
Property crime, other than car break-ins isn't nearly as high as you'd think either. Stores are closing because rents are remaining at prepandemic levels or higher and foot traffic is low because a lot of companies don't force their employees to commute into the city anymore. There was a big diffusion of population from SF to the surrounding suburbs and exurbs. Also Walgreens was given as an example, they closed a bunch of stores due to a merger that left them with two stores within a block of each other in many cases. Like you said it's just a dumb conservative boogeyman.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

When did Pasta change to Russian?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs will send you RyJo for Kuznetsov retained at 50%.

Then their respective AAVs and term will match.

Kuznetsov and Nuke will destroy hockey line together. Hopefully they won’t destroy other types of lines together.

• Haha
Reactions: MaWa

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

I guess you should get permission from Washington to speak to Kuznetsov's agent about Kuznetsov, or you would be tampering.

He's already under contract. What would you want from the agent?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just FYI, if you believe in the fancy stats and underlying metrics, Kuznetsov has been among the worst (if not the worst) forwards defensively in the league the past few seasons. He was also on pace for 11 goals and 32 points over the course of 82 games this season. In years past his offensive production has somewhat masked his defensive deficiencies but the defense has gotten worse (somehow) and the offense has dried up despite being force fed top line and PP1 minutes so he's literally a bottom three forward in the league in terms of team impact in the offensive and defensive zones.

He makes PLD look like Patrice Bergeron. Maybe he'll find the fountain of youth somewhere else but if anyone trades for him they are taking a massive gamble on a player that's not even worth the veteran minimum and has fallen off a cliff.

1709475594616.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad