Waived: [WSH] F Evgeny Kuznetsov waived by the Capitals (cleared)

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
Well, I suppose Caps fans should be thankful for him. He arguably should have been the Conn Smythe winner in their cup run; a marquee name like Ovechkin was always going to get it if/when the Caps won the cup
There are other Ovechkin-hate threads active. Take the bolded over there. This thread is about Kuznetsov.

On topic, we are thankful to Kuzy for 2018, and wish him the best.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
There are other Ovechkin-hate threads active. Take the bolded over there. This thread is about Kuznetsov.

On topic, we are thankful to Kuzy for 2018, and wish him the best.
I didn’t mean any disrespect to Ovechkin, more like just praising Kuznetsov’s playoff run. Ovechkin was certainly in the mix. I just meant that when you are one of the two faces of the NHL anything close will go to you (see Crosby’s first Conn Smythe). I bet if the Oilers ever win the cup, McDavid will get it barring another player having a historical playoffs

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Kuznetsov is one of the most skilled players in the League
Can stickhandle like no one's business
Skates beautifully and smoothly with deceptive speed

Unfortunately there's a reason the "Kuzy cares" tagline has been a running joke with Caps fans for the last 5 years, you never know if he's going to care enough to put in the effort

Maybe he moves on to another team and is motivated

Maybe he's sent to Hershey and reports, maybe he doesn't report (that's the question no one knows yet)

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Becuz the B's have a Russian in Pasta, it may work. For those saying Kuzy should go to so and so team if he becomes a FA, if your team doesn't have any Russian players and isn't a playoff contender, then forget it!

Not sure if serious

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Unfortunately there's a reason the "Kuzy cares" tagline has been a running joke with Caps fans for the last 5 years, you never know if he's going to care enough to put in the effort

Maybe he's sent to Hershey and reports, maybe he doesn't report (that's the question no one knows yet)
He may need to just bear going to Hershey for the rest of March and April. There is around $7.5 mill at stake whether he reports or not. $1.5 mill in salary for the final 1/4 of the season.

Then there’s the buyout that the caps likely exercise in the off season. Which is worth $6 mill total.

But if he opts to not report to Hershey then the caps can look to terminate the contract and pay nothing.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Becuz the B's have a Russian in Pasta, it may work. For those saying Kuzy should go to so and so team if he becomes a FA, if your team doesn't have any Russian players and isn't a playoff contender, then forget it!
The two Russians and the Italian Zacha would be a lethal 1st line

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Hm, too bad. Guy is supremely skilled, hope he works out what's going on. Also, I'm of the mind to think he actually does report to Hershey. A buyout in the summer is likely, but contract termination with more than 10m on the table and a likely payout of a 1×1 'show me' contract that would await him as a next offer... yeah, smart money says this contract doesn't get terminated.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005

Or just maybe he goes to league where anything goes, the KHL! Innocent of all counts all the time, seems to me like the perfect fit!

Reactions: Ciao

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Per capitals announcer during the game today after speaking to the GM it is Kuznetsovs intention to report to Hershey. Color me surprised, I expected that to be a way to terminate for not showing up.

Reactions: Ciao

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
My God, you really have to let this go. The Caps tried to grant his wish to leave the organization by offering him for free to all 31 NHL teams.

Nobody wants him, so to Hershey he goes to try and find his game again.

I responded like 3 times in this entire thread 🤣.

Let what go exactly?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Per capitals announcer during the game today after speaking to the GM it is Kuznetsovs intention to report to Hershey. Color me surprised, I expected that to be a way to terminate for not showing up.
He has 8 million reasons to keep showing up this season and the next.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He will, unlike the Pens the Caps are a fiscally sound organization that doesn't have to look at bolting to Kansas city the moment the generational players Bettman shoves in there to keep the team alive retire
I wish the Penguins had a deep pocket owner, even if he did have a history of assaulting fans at the arena, including a child.

Last edited:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
“Capitals are such a shitty organization. I guess the dude going out of his way to seek help wasn’t enough.”

That’s my opinion on the subject. No need to get your panties in a bunch over someone else’s opinion.

It is a forum and that’s exactly what it’s for.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He just needs to get through March and April and whatever long the bears PO run is. Wash likely opts to buy him out in the summer. So reporting to the A for 2 months ensures he can collect the $6 mill from the buyout. Figure the caps opt to just move on rather than bet for him to not report to the A next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00