Waived: [WSH] F Evgeny Kuznetsov waived by the Capitals (cleared)

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Pretty wild how fast he’s declined - he’s only 31, and was a star level player just 2 years ago. But between the cocaine stuff a few years ago, the rapid decline, his stint in the player assistance program and the Caps waiving him, seems like something along the lines of addiction/substance abuse is likely (though pure speculation on my part).

Last edited:

Man Machine

Jan 6, 2018
How long does he have before he needs to report to Hershey? I suppose it should happen within 48 hours or something.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I hope Kuzentsov is able to fend off his demons and maybe salvage what remains of his pro career.

Reactions: Marshall

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Somewhat surprised he cleared, guessing teams are concerned about off-ice stuff

While the off-ice stuff no doubt impacts the on-ice stuff…I think a lot of people are underestimating just how bad at hockey Kuznetsov has been this year.

Forget all the noise about what is right and what is wrong and speculation about Kuz as a person. The bottom line from a hockey standpoint is that he is neither effective nor reliable at this stage as an NHL player.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
He is on the Hershey website…

Attachments

• IMG_0229.png
    IMG_0229.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 3

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Are they still trying to terminate his contract? Or is that just an unfounded rumour?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad