Wrestling All-Time Draft IV - DISCUSSION THREAD **SEND CARDS TO CHRIS CUTTER VIA PM**

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The meal analogy is a tweener.

There is still good talent available between the two drafts, particularly looking at guys who were drafted in only one of the two drafts. Not top end though. You a high end version of the low end independents that visit small towns.

I think there's actually a few high end pieces still available. Just didn't fit the card this go around.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I actually pretty drastically scaled back how much I planned to put into the extras over the weekend.

Ended up submitting my card with very short write ups. I do wish I had the time to put a poster together though because my main event would look awesome on one.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Tbh, I would simply not put them in the qualifying rounds. And yeah you'd definitely have to use the person's card, not make whole new one.

I was thinking more to make up the numbers as in you end with a number or cards where someone would have to have an off round to accommodate missing cards.

I assume by use their card you mean use their roster since the issue is they haven't submitted a card. That would all depend on whose roster is available then, but having a look at them I don't think I personally could make them work. Maybe with some trades and a few free agents. Not a knock on them mind you, but not familiar with all their picks in some cases and in others just not sure how I'd put it all together. Anyway, my point was drafting from a pool of undrafted guys would only seem fair to the rest of the participants.

There is still good talent available between the two drafts, particularly looking at guys who were drafted in only one of the two drafts. Not top end though. You a high end version of the low end independents that visit small towns.

Well I think there's one draft that has left room for a lot of talent. That said I can only make so much of it work for me personally.

I think there's "top end" talent if you go back in time far enough. I could put together a big match from a once pretty sizable territory that was really over with the fans. After that there are still a lot of guys I like, but they're not not so much main eventers.

I actually did a mock roster today based on guys not drafted from one of the groups. Nice roster if you ask me, but I was only able to put together four matches. Some really interesting stuff though. I think it'd have the following:

-excellent, funny and interesting commentary
-two big promoters
-classic match but with a bit of a twist to the storyline
-a guy who I don't ever recall not being a babyface making a heel turn, thus making it completely unexpected, with a storyline that would be relevant today
-an absolutely hilarious storyline leading into a great match with a hilarious aftermath
-another interesting matchup with a good finish
-four "factions", two of which are hybrids, though I had a potential fifth faction too but ran into an issue there
-a possible big finish to cap off the card involving one of the promoters and a potential fifth/sixth faction
-I think I have about 26 guys all told at this point, one current day guy who I just looked into and who I think is fantastic

That was based on the time I spent on it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'll probably have mine tomorrow. It me, the procrastinator.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Sorry...
It is a long weekend here...
Due to Victoria Day...
So I had some plans.

I am working on the card right now...
And I will get it in by tomorrow.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Well I think there's one draft that has left room for a lot of talent. That said I can only make so much of it work for me personally.

I think there's "top end" talent if you go back in time far enough. I could put together a big match from a once pretty sizable territory that was really over with the fans. After that there are still a lot of guys I like, but they're not not so much main eventers.

I actually did a mock roster today based on guys not drafted from one of the groups. Nice roster if you ask me, but I was only able to put together four matches. Some really interesting stuff though. I think it'd have the following:

-excellent, funny and interesting commentary
-two big promoters
-classic match but with a bit of a twist to the storyline
-a guy who I don't ever recall not being a babyface making a heel turn, thus making it completely unexpected, with a storyline that would be relevant today
-an absolutely hilarious storyline leading into a great match with a hilarious aftermath
-another interesting matchup with a good finish
-four "factions", two of which are hybrids, though I had a potential fifth faction too but ran into an issue there
-a possible big finish to cap off the card involving one of the promoters and a potential fifth/sixth faction
-I think I have about 26 guys all told at this point, one current day guy who I just looked into and who I think is fantastic

That was based on the time I spent on it.

Yeah, there is still a lot out there. If you value old school (like 1950s and earlier) wrestling then there are huge names, at least in the A draft... particularly the innovator of one of the most famous gimmicks ever. WCW had a fair number of good wrestlers who weren't picked, 90s AJPW and NJPW, one of the biggest NWA faces from the 80s wasn't picked.

If you are going to write something out, I also very much like factions. Wrestling today could desperately use factions. It makes it so much easier to give wrestlers an actual purpose instead of neverending Raw/Smackdown matches that lead nowhere.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
I actually pretty drastically scaled back how much I planned to put into the extras over the weekend.

Ended up submitting my card with very short write ups. I do wish I had the time to put a poster together though because my main event would look awesome on one.

you probably still has lots of time to add to your card , at the rate this thing is going :cry:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah there are a ton of great old school wrestlers left in the A draft. I could have probably just taken two and thrown them together for a great match to add to my card but decided not to. Sometimes it's tough to find ways to use the really older guys.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It is done.
I have send in my card to Cutter.

I had fun with my writeups...
But man...
It took a long time.
:laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did we ever establish if we could use a commentator in a match?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Posted this in another thread but wanted to brag that SHE'S MINE! Quote simply... The best female in the world at what she does.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Nameless will your novel be available in .epub format?

Just read it.

First, I hope the vote count is empty in the first few hours. After seeing 2 of the cards, some obviously did some great work on this and it sure as **** deserves the respect.

Second. Dammit anyway, I'm gonna need the first few hours of the thread opening to get the storyline part on my side to even have a chance at beating all that nameless sent me. It all made sense and I'd sure pay to see it, so here's to hoping Andy Kaufman channels thru me again!

....and then when I'm facing Natey first round and peek at who he picked, all the talk of facing off against nameless sounds as useful as talking about the NYR facing the Penguins for game 7.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm still missing GKJ's card & KEEROLE but honestly, this is the second time KEEROLE pulls this stunt so KEEROLE screwed KEEROLE, will wait to see how much time GKJ needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad