Wrestling All-Time Draft IV - DISCUSSION THREAD **SEND CARDS TO CHRIS CUTTER VIA PM**

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I see in the last thread we've opened the flood gates on announcing trades. I was holding off until the draft ended, but here goes.

HandsomeHollywood has traded Shelton Benjamin to Chris Cutter for Jay Briscoe

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The last pick in Draft B by Habsrule is invalid.
Kowalski was already gone in the 14th round.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
N9EVqoE.gif

Hojo has the best elbow drop I have seen in recent years.
She is a great pick.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I enjoy the impact of her elbow, and though I can see the reasoning for it, I'm not a fan of the double leg stretch into the air. But to each their own.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I enjoy the impact of her elbow, and though I can see the reasoning for it, I'm not a fan of the double leg stretch into the air. But to each their own.
It's simple psychology.. Japanese wrestling is very stiff. So she lands on her hip/butt to avoid extra damage to her legs. Plus it's itsy different then everyone else's elbow drop.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
It's simple psychology.. Japanese wrestling is very stiff. So she lands on her hip/butt to avoid extra damage to her legs. Plus it's itsy different then everyone else's elbow drop.

Oh yes, as I said, I see the reasoning for it, I'm just not a fan of how it looks. Swinging the legs up like that I imagine would also increase the impact of the move, transferring more weight to the part of her body coming down on her opponent.

I have some weird, subjective hang ups in wrestling. I don't like things looking too routine, like how Roman simply HAS to **** his wrist before the superman punch. Bad comparison I know, as Romans action is cosmetic and hers is related to the mechanics of the move. Not saying the move is bad, just isn't totally for me personally.

EDIT: I see now I can't describe Romans actions correctly without being censored. He has to do with his wrist what you would do with a gun? You get the idea

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She makes it look like a real elbow drop and people can buy it as a finisher, whereas no one else's elbow drop does that.

She also does a wicked cross-legged Boston Crab.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
She makes it look like a real elbow drop and people can buy it as a finisher, whereas no one else's elbow drop does that.

Shhhh...Don't tell Charles Robinson that.
Perhaps I will look into her more when I get some free time.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Oh yes, as I said, I see the reasoning for it, I'm just not a fan of how it looks. Swinging the legs up like that I imagine would also increase the impact of the move, transferring more weight to the part of her body coming down on her opponent.

I have some weird, subjective hang ups in wrestling. I don't like things looking too routine, like how Roman simply HAS to **** his wrist before the superman punch. Bad comparison I know, as Romans action is cosmetic and hers is related to the mechanics of the move. Not saying the move is bad, just isn't totally for me personally.

EDIT: I see now I can't describe Romans actions correctly without being censored. He has to do with his wrist what you would do with a gun? You get the idea

DisastrousShinyKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

OHHHHHH YES

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The interesting thing about Hojo's elbow is that it defies logic and perhaps even physics.
On Reddit...
I read that a person actually took the clip to a game developer friend...
Who specializes in motion capture technology...
And the friend cannot explain how she does it.
:laugh:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

She also does a wicked cross-legged Boston Crab.

I cannot find the .gif for it...
But I agree.
It is the same way Melina makes Natayla's sharpshooter looks really painful.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I am surprised by the Celtic Warrior pick.
I thought he was long gone.

Last edited:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I am surprised by the Celtic Warrior pick.
I thought he was long gone.

I had him under the radar for about 6-7 rounds and noticed no one seemed to be aiming for him. Steal in my books.

I only need one or two more picks.

Also, I'm a he. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad