Wrestling All-Time Draft IV - DISCUSSION THREAD **SEND CARDS TO CHRIS CUTTER VIA PM**

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Some good matchups. Several cards I am going to vote for are bound to lose this round, but it will be defensible in pretty much every case. Even in my own case I expect that I'm going to get taken out behind the woodshed, but losing to a well built card is perfectly fine.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I already struggled to even get in...
So I will use a sports cliche...
And just take it one step at a time.
:laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
quoipourquoi and I in a battle to see who had the better idea for Sasha Banks :sarcasm:

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Ahhh ****. HH and that unique top 4! ****! :laugh:

Haha, thank you sir.
I think when it comes down to it, you'll probably take the matchup. Your card is more crowd pleasing and has bigger names.
HBK vs Steamboat is something I want to see immediately.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
maxresdefault.jpg

So, I'm making my first round votes, when I reach GarbageGoal vs ChrisCutter. Looking at them against each other, match for match, what would be the best show to be in the house for? What would I most want to spend my money to see.? Then I start comparing these two cards to mine...wondering how some are deciding...

I'm truly baffled...how in the blue skies of hell did I get the least amount of votes in the entire draft?

*This is nothing personal against GarbageGoal, or even his card, or anyone else for that matter, he's just the one in my draft.*

Kurt Angel vs Bret Hart is as good a wrestling match as any other closer in the draft, does it make for a better show than Foley vs Sabu vs Atsushi Onita vs The Original Sheik vs Abdullah the Butcher vs Bruiser Brody in a barbed wired Elimination Chamber death match for the battle of legit craziest most tough human of all time?? Even without the barb wire chamber, those names together can put on an untouchable closing show. With the barb wire chamber?

The Midnight Express (with one of the GOAT managers) vs Edwards and Richards is pretty damn good, does it make for a better show with more meaning and build up than The Ultimate Warrior vs Goldberg in a WWF vs WCW title for title match? Don't make me puke.

Kenta Kobashi vs Antonio Inoki I can only hope to match it in my own book. I think with Brock Lesnar vs Haku/Meng I match it at the very least (unless you don't know the truth on Meng).

I could see Konnan/Negro Casas/Blue Demon Jr vs. L.A. Park/Hector Garza/Perro Aguayo Jr. is a cool match and should have some good promos to imagine. Unless you have a thing against women wrestlers, and Sara Del Ray and Bull Nakano are more technically sound than most male wrestlers of all time, they have have earned the stage. Especially after all the sexist BS Andy Kaufman just got done spewing before-during- and after the previous match vs Moolah. Maybe y'all don't know or like Andy Kaufman? The greatest heel Hollywood ever saw??? Easy to say that does nothing for you. HEY! Just realized a role reversal here! Usually it's me asking why people consider Al Pacino a bad ass for Scarface but scoff at how "fake" wrestling is.....now I'm defending one of the few true badasses in Hollywood history against wrestling fans!

Now I'm not in a billion years going to try and match Andy Kaufman vs the Fabulous Moolah as a better display of technical wrestling, but it's a hell of a lot more of a grandiose show than Mr. Perfect vs the guy Mr. Perfect is going to beat without surprise.

How about I don't even count that one at all and just take Perfect vs Aries (any match with perfect is great though really) and pin it against the next in order: Tony Atlas - Bob Backlund- Ken Shamrock - Sid Justice vs Yokozuna - Ludvig Borga - Nikolai Volkoff - Muhammad Hassan...and all the talk that could surround the greatest anti American heels and the endless supply of material that is our current President sitting in his box at Giants stadium. Half of the match made of exWWF Champions What makes for the better show on this one really!?

Dammit, also forgot to list the Iron Sheik at the announcers table. My 7th pick. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Would it have mattered? Iron Sheik and Donald Trump all night with Drew Carey and Paul Heyman in between em? Probably not on this lot.

What's next..Jack Brisco vs the Million Dollar Man? Would it make for a better show that I actually expect a 5 star match out of X-Pac and Shannon Moore, can't believe nobody said anything about that one...the perfect combination of technical and acrobatic abilities!

Booker T vs Razor Ramon was that far down on the card? As fun as a super hyped out lights and dance show with some of my favorite colorful Tag Teams we've seen thru a few eras...Booker and Razor win this round like Probert vs Gretzky in a fight! Should've been GGs second to closer IMO.

Since nobody cares to see the Big Valboski Val Venis try to pry Sable from Bastion Booger, the most genuine passionate lover Sable ever had......or Spike Dudley take every slam the most gigantic wrestler of all time can throw at him...I'll just skip those and go to the Mickie James/Molly Holly/Trish Stratus vs Lioness Asuka/Chigusa Nagayo/Jaguar Yokota match. All great workers, I can give that one the edge over Martel and Richter for the gimmick factor.

Which leaves me with a little people hardcore match to start the show that GG and nobody else has a comparison for an opener. It's ok to have such a politically incorrect show, because after all who's name is on it? Anyone says they don't want to see that is dishonest.

Aha! Maybe y'all don't like Donald Trump! There'd be plenty of spoken language for you too, unless- could I have picked better anti Americans?

Having said all that, and as I look at more cards next to mine, I kinda hope that my picks were never to matter and I'm working against the politics of being the not so frequent poster. Either way GarbageGoal doesn't even have my least fav card.

Surprised the rest of the card was a turnoff to many as well. Not many wrestlers I picked that don't have world class ability either. Kaufman/moolah should be excused for that on account of they add a most legendary banter section. Giant Gonzalez and his giant lack of an arsenal is excused for his record size coupled with Spikes ability to get rag dolled and live to actually make a good show out of the tallest dude ever. Goldberg/Warrior which is obviously all just character star power, but of the greatest kind. Not to mention my attempt to appease YOU guys in a match that would make sense for watchability for my personal fav all time. OK the tag team match is obviously more for show, but those guys were still fun to watch in the ring as well as together equalling the weight of a cruise ship.

I believe I even have the best closing show of both drafts. Shall I list my competition? Why not.
-AJ Styles vs Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Championship)
-Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Rowdy Roddy Piper (No DQ)
-Nakamura vs John Cena (WWE Championship)
-Ric Flair vs Eddie Guerrero (Steel Cage Championship)
-Macho Man Randy Savage vs Chris Jericho (Championship)
-CM Punk vs Seth Rollins (Championship)
-Kurt Angle vs Bret The Hitman Hart (Iron Man)
-The Rock vs Diamond Dallas Page (World Heavyweight Championship)
-Kenny Omega vs Triple H
-The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels vs Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
-Kurt Angle vs Rusev (US Championship)
-The Monster Matanza Cueto vs. Terrible Ted the Wrestling Bear
-Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers vs Nature Boy Ric Flair (WWWF Championship Hair vs Hair Match)
-Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Kevin Owens (Championship)
-Bret The Hitman Hart vs Terry Funk (WWF Championship I Quit)
-Macho Man Randy Savage w/Elizabeth vs CM Punk w/ Serena
-AJ Styles vs Kenta Kobashi
-The Undertaker vs Sting (World Heavyweight Championship)
-The Rock vs Jake The Snake
-Shawn Michaels vs Great Muta
-Cactus Jack Mick Foley vs Sabu vs The Original Sheik vs Bruiser Brody vs Abdullah The Butcher vs Atsushi Onita (Barb Wire Elimination Chamber Hardcore Championship Match)

One of those matches is in another atmosphere than all of the others which kinda wash each other out and bring nothing really different. All bonafide show closing matches, but there's also only one where the winner isn't kinda easily guessed. I'm not counting the bear, no offense.

Maybe I'm just sour grapes cuz I'm not on the ice cream bars or even round 1 after all that time in picking for nothing. Was I expecting to beat nameless even with the best closer? No. Was I expecting a round 1 match up with Natey? Yeah. Would it have mattered? Being able to pick apart Natey's card as I just did to GGs? In a drafted character? Yeah it probably would have mattered after picking all the best trolls possible. Maybe I should've just spend the time I used picking on GG's card, I should've just did Natey's and put my money where my mouth is. Here's a small previews, our President declaring Natey's best match doesn't touch his top 3, and are people really going to vote for a Smackdown card over a PPV classic? Yes. Yes they are.

Anyway, sucks it seems I didn't get a fair shot and next draft I'll be making my picks for who I think this group of voters might want to see. I'll be sure to think...auditorium instead of stadium.

So since pretty much everyone else voted for themselves I'll finally get with the in crowd and give myself the title.

18j4x90ax8qmujpg.jpg

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
john-cena-thuganomics-224343-1280x0.jpg

CHGoalie, you damn jabroni.
I see that you didn't vote for me,
It's okay to be salty or unhappy,
But don't take out your anger on the one and only.
My card tells quite the story,
While yours is pure stupidity.
Meng vs Brock Lesnar, really?
When I look at your card I'll tell you what I see,
Nothing sensational except for Sherri.
Alright it's time I show some mercy.
Because I'll soon be your biggest enemy.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
point.jpg

Firt of all, I would like to dank da MANY FANS who submitted votes for JackSlater while I was down.

Secondly, I want to dank Chris Cuttah for takin da time because I know how important it was to put on da biggest wrestling draft eva, to hfboards it is the to the fans it is

CHGoalie27, daddy, now I don’t have to say a lot more bout how I feel about CHGoalie27 – NO RESPECT… NO HONAH! There is no honah among thieves… you out hee talkin bout hard times, now lemme tell you something bout HARD TIMES… YOU PUT JackSlater on HARD TIMES! You don’t know nothin bout HARD TIMES, daddy! HARD TIMES, are when you make a card and you out in the qualifications baby. You got four-five kids and dey can’t look at you wit pride cuz you elimated from the wrestling draft. HARD TIMES are when you submit your card in round one and there’s no more picks and dey tell you go home… HARD TIMES are when a man has worked on a card 30 hours... 30 HOURS and dey kick him in da butt and say “hey, a com-pewtah says you don’t got da votes daddyâ€. DAT’S HARD TIMES… DAT’S HARD TIMES!

And CHGoalie27, you put HARD TIMES on hfboards when you voted against JackSlater… dat’s HARD TIMES, and we allllll had HARD TIMES togethah. I admit my card doesn’t have all da athletess of taday, some of my wrestlers got bellies just a lil big, some a they heinies just a lil big, but brotha my card is BAD and dey know it’s BAD. And there were two BAD cards, one was Wrestlemania X-7 and that’s ova brotha, and the otha is right hee my card Summerfest XX-8. CHGoalie 27, this draft belongs to dese people daddy, and imma reach out RIGHT NOW, I want y’all at home to know MY HAND is touchin YO HAND, for this gathering of the BIGGEST collection of wrestling bookers on hfboards, in die universe all over da world now, now I’m REACHIN OUT because the LOVE that was given me, in THIS TIME I will repay you now, because I WILL be the next hfboards draft champion of dese HARD TIMES BLUES.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Wait.. you think I picked my card to please people? Nope. Never would, never will. Probably the reason you didn't make it through similar to the reason you used a picture of CM "Quitter" Punk. :sarcasm:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So not to take away from the discussion (I haven't checked in to the rounds yet) and not that anyone cares, but I thought I'd share one of the few matches I think I would have been able to put together with the scraps from Group A. I know it's not for everyone, but I think it'd have been a good match with a fun and IMO funny side show. Obviously it'd have been further down the card:

"Loser has to check into an asylum match"

Jay Lethal w/Eugene vs R Truth

A few notes:

Jay Lethal: He basically thinks he's Ric Flair.
Eugene: He's completely marked out to Lethal as Flair.
R Truth: He's just, well, R Truth.

So there would be an opening interview with Lethal. Was going to be with Okerlund, but he was picked. Someone else, can't remember who, was available. Anyway, something like this:

GO: "Ladies and gentlemen, here comes Jay Lethal."

JL: "WHAT?!? WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS THAT PISSANT JAY LETHAL? I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!"

GO: "WHOA, WHOA! I meant the Nature Boy! Now Naitch, you have a serious match tonight with R Truth..."

JL: "GEEEEEEEEEEEEEENE, WHOOOOOOOOO, MEAN! Tonight we are live in..."

R Truth wins the match. He then starts talking to Eugene and telling him that Lethal isn't Flair and that he's being tricked. He tell hims his name is "R Truth" and so he only tells the truth and not to listen to all the Little Jimmys out there.
Then R Truth says it time to be rewarded for all his hard work. He lights a cigarette. He offers it to Eugene who makes a face, waves his hands "no" and turns it away. R Truth keeps pressing the matter telling him that Flair smokes and that it will make him feel better and Eugene takes a puff and starts smoking the cigarette with a "look" on his face. R Truth lights up another one for himself and they had up the ramp.

Then the next on my Monday night show Jay Lethal would be back, IE he isn't in the asylum or seeking treatment or whatever. The catch? He's now Black Machismo and thinks he's Savage. Eugene again marks out... You get the picture and the next PPV is set up. I was also thinking of even introducing pot further down the road when they're in an arena in a legal state.

Anyway, not that anyone cares, but I thought it'd be fun.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
So not to take away from the discussion (I haven't checked in to the rounds yet) and not that anyone cares, but I thought I'd share one of the few matches I think I would have been able to put together with the scraps from Group A. I know it's not for everyone, but I think it'd have been a good match with a fun and IMO funny side show. Obviously it'd have been further down the card:

"Loser has to check into an asylum match"

Jay Lethal w/Eugene vs R Truth

A few notes:

Jay Lethal: He basically thinks he's Ric Flair.
Eugene: He's completely marked out to Lethal as Flair.
R Truth: He's just, well, R Truth.

So there would be an opening interview with Lethal. Was going to be with Okerlund, but he was picked. Someone else, can't remember who, was available. Anyway, something like this:

GO: "Ladies and gentlemen, here comes Jay Lethal."

JL: "WHAT?!? WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS THAT PISSANT JAY LETHAL? I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!"

GO: "WHOA, WHOA! I meant the Nature Boy! Now Naitch, you have a serious match tonight with R Truth..."

JL: "GEEEEEEEEEEEEEENE, WHOOOOOOOOO, MEAN! Tonight we are live in..."

R Truth wins the match. He then starts talking to Eugene and telling him that Lethal isn't Flair and that he's being tricked. He tell hims his name is "R Truth" and so he only tells the truth and not to listen to all the Little Jimmys out there.
Then R Truth says it time to be rewarded for all his hard work. He lights a cigarette. He offers it to Eugene who makes a face, waves his hands "no" and turns it away. R Truth keeps pressing the matter telling him that Flair smokes and that it will make him feel better and Eugene takes a puff and starts smoking the cigarette with a "look" on his face. R Truth lights up another one for himself and they had up the ramp.

Then the next on my Monday night show Jay Lethal would be back, IE he isn't in the asylum or seeking treatment or whatever. The catch? He's now Black Machismo and thinks he's Savage. Eugene again marks out... You get the picture and the next PPV is set up. I was also thinking of even introducing pot further down the road when they're in an arena in a legal state.

Anyway, not that anyone cares, but I thought it'd be fun.

Good stuff. I had plans for Eugene and would have taken him had the talent available been a little bit lighter.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
john-cena-thuganomics-224343-1280x0.jpg

CHGoalie, you damn jabroni.
I see that you didn't vote for me,
It's okay to be salty or unhappy,
But don't take out your anger on the one and only.
My card tells quite the story,
While yours is pure stupidity.
Meng vs Brock Lesnar, really?
When I look at your card I'll tell you what I see,
Nothing sensational except for Sherri.
Alright it's time I show some mercy.
Because I'll soon be your biggest enemy.

1dxet4.jpg

stu·pid·i·ty
st(y)o͞oˈpidədē/Submit
noun
behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment.
"I can't believe my own stupidity in not even picking a closer"
synonyms: lack of intelligence, foolishness, denseness, brainlessness, ignorance, dull-wittedness, slow-wittedness, doltishness, slowness; chriscutterscard More
the quality of being stupid or unintelligent.
"a comedy of infantile stupidity that is putting on a show with no closing act"
"making a "kick the baby" contest then typing the sentence 'Meng vs Brock Lesnar, really?' "

Just to be clear Rusev vs Kurt Angle for the US Championship is your closer right? Who wants to hear a story with no ending? Then to try and call anyone else's card stupid...same mentality that lost to me in the Presidential Election.

In case you missed it, when the name TRUMP is associated with anything, the story is the biggest and best, period. If you think that's not a story, refer to the above definition.

Now you've done it. We have a caller.

hqdefault.jpg

I'll take the from here Mr.PresidentTrump this sonofa***** ******* *** ******* ************.

YOU ARE THE ****ING JABRONI! NO GOOD ************

YOU DI

c177240c239603d40d6bd0b28edcc183_crop_north.jpg

OK OK, before this goes further than it needs to be, let me try to settle this with Mr. Cutter.

Now, I can claim dominance for our card over Mr.Cutter's quite easily by looking simply at star power. While I would still very much like to see his show, I can't say it compares to the likes of most of the Trump card. Brock Lesnar is better than everyone on Mr. Cutter's card. The Ultimate Warrior is better than everyone on his card. Goldberg is better than everyone on his card. Mick Foley...Sabu...Onita...Abdullah and Brody...Yokozuna...Meng(maybe he just actually doesn't know how feared Meng truly is) would actually and completely demolish anyone on Mr.Cutter's card and if Mr.Cutter thinks that card is stupidity, I wonder what he thinks that would make his inferior card.

us-republican-presidential-candidate-donald-trump-speaks-at-a-campaign-event-at-regents-university-in-virginia-beach-virginia-february-24-2016-reutersjoshua-roberts.jpg

WITH NO CLOSER

paul-heyman-raw1026photo124-1365687141.jpg

....WITH NO CLOSER*

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
point.jpg

Firt of all, I would like to dank da MANY FANS who submitted votes for JackSlater while I was down.

Secondly, I want to dank Chris Cuttah for takin da time because I know how important it was to put on da biggest wrestling draft eva, to hfboards it is the to the fans it is

CHGoalie27, daddy, now I don’t have to say a lot more bout how I feel about CHGoalie27 – NO RESPECT… NO HONAH! There is no honah among thieves… you out hee talkin bout hard times, now lemme tell you something bout HARD TIMES… YOU PUT JackSlater on HARD TIMES! You don’t know nothin bout HARD TIMES, daddy! HARD TIMES, are when you make a card and you out in the qualifications baby. You got four-five kids and dey can’t look at you wit pride cuz you elimated from the wrestling draft. HARD TIMES are when you submit your card in round one and there’s no more picks and dey tell you go home… HARD TIMES are when a man has worked on a card 30 hours... 30 HOURS and dey kick him in da butt and say “hey, a com-pewtah says you don’t got da votes daddy”. DAT’S HARD TIMES… DAT’S HARD TIMES!

And CHGoalie27, you put HARD TIMES on hfboards when you voted against JackSlater… dat’s HARD TIMES, and we allllll had HARD TIMES togethah. I admit my card doesn’t have all da athletess of taday, some of my wrestlers got bellies just a lil big, some a they heinies just a lil big, but brotha my card is BAD and dey know it’s BAD. And there were two BAD cards, one was Wrestlemania X-7 and that’s ova brotha, and the otha is right hee my card Summerfest XX-8. CHGoalie 27, this draft belongs to dese people daddy, and imma reach out RIGHT NOW, I want y’all at home to know MY HAND is touchin YO HAND, for this gathering of the BIGGEST collection of wrestling bookers on hfboards, in die universe all over da world now, now I’m REACHIN OUT because the LOVE that was given me, in THIS TIME I will repay you now, because I WILL be the next hfboards draft champion of dese HARD TIMES BLUES.

From the first word, I heard his voice, and my eyes aren't as dry as they normally are. I won't even touch this, not because I won't, but because I can't.

Paul-Heyman-Open-His-Mouth-and-Great-Words-Come-Out.jpg

Hey! ChrisCutter must have the mall Santa version of Dusty! The real one is at SUMMERFEST XX-Eight! Otherwise Mr.Cutter would have a legit closer!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Whatever. My card is awesome.

And the Ultimate Warrior sucks. Especially after that story Tony Schivone told about him on the podcast last week. **** Jim Hellwig.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
images

You knoe,
there's been a lot of talk...about WHO has the best wrestling PPV card on display.
While I look around and see some dynamite rosters, there's one thing lacking and that is RESPECT!
I'm reading about cards put on by fantasy wrestling promotions defending titles that aren't theirs, real wrestling being skipped over in favor of slapstick comedy. Some people's cards, like ColePens (who's beaten ME), seem to have excellently executed their cards' text to resemble a giant toilet bowl..

BECAUSE ITS FULLA CRAP!

Time and time again, I come across comments saying "hey Handsome...
love your PPV. It's the best, most realistic and most realized PPV here...but this other guy has Undertaker, or this guy has AJ Styles
".
My card was so excellently executed that it was by far the accepted best, but how can I be the best and lose?
Everyone KNOES I'm the rightful champion, but it's because the HFWF is full of crooked, disrespectful jerks that it's not so. Cutter? YOU TURNED A BLIND EYE TO IT! ColePens? YOU TURNED A BLIND EYE TO IT! EVERYONE KEEPS TURNING A BLIND EYE TO IT AND I'M ****ING SICK OF IT!
I'm not greedy for awards, I'm greedy for respect...and the fact of the matter is the lack of respect shown to the best there is, best there was, and best there ever will be is god damn criminal!
And you people!
YOU KNOE IT!

None of you were even on Simpsons!

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some of these are already brutally tough to vote against. Not that the first round wasn't difficult.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
images

You knoe,
there's been a lot of talk...about WHO has the best wrestling PPV card on display.
While I look around and see some dynamite rosters, there's one thing lacking and that is RESPECT!
I'm reading about cards put on by fantasy wrestling promotions defending titles that aren't theirs, real wrestling being skipped over in favor of slapstick comedy. Some people's cards, like ColePens (who's beaten ME), seem to have excellently executed their cards' text to resemble a giant toilet bowl..

BECAUSE ITS FULLA CRAP!

Time and time again, I come across comments saying "hey Handsome...
love your PPV. It's the best, most realistic and most realized PPV here...but this other guy has Undertaker, or this guy has AJ Styles
".
My card was so excellently executed that it was by far the accepted best, but how can I be the best and lose?
Everyone KNOES I'm the rightful champion, but it's because the HFWF is full of crooked, disrespectful jerks that it's not so. Cutter? YOU TURNED A BLIND EYE TO IT! ColePens? YOU TURNED A BLIND EYE TO IT! EVERYONE KEEPS TURNING A BLIND EYE TO IT AND I'M ****ING SICK OF IT!
I'm not greedy for awards, I'm greedy for respect...and the fact of the matter is the lack of respect shown to the best there is, best there was, and best there ever will be is god damn criminal!
And you people!
YOU KNOE IT!

None of you were even on Simpsons!

1dxet4.jpg

The-Simpsons-Trump-714055.jpg

Not only was I on the Simpsons, but if you were the best you would've been on my show.

You wouldn't beat anyone in the final 3 matches of my card!

(My 2nd fav all time, The Hitman lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad