GDT: WPG Jets vs. CHI Blackhawks Battle for the Wildcard spot Dec 6, 2015 @ 4PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
More PSS means they will face the tough match ups and be less productive. More ice time does not always equal more production. Let LLW handle the tough match ups allowing PSS the easier minutes where they can be really dangerous.

Agreed, something people often overlook. PSS are much better playing against 2nd and 3rd lines. LLW have been doing it for years, let them take the tough minutes. Now remember CHI controls that today. IMO we want LLW agains the tough Kane line. But I would imagine the Hawks want Toews against Little leaving Kane's line to have the easier matchups.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Disagree as someone who watched Antero Niitymaki a very average at best goalie own the Thrashers for years haha. He beat Atlanta 17 straight times. I remember guys like Little and Kovalchuk in interviews saying it was unbelievable, that it got to them, they would over think chances. While goalies can't own teams, a goalie can have a major confidence boost when he beats a team many times and plays great against them. Same as a team can think "oh god, Hutchinson again, how do we beat this guy"

Meh, way overrated, I'm sure the Hawks have seen enough video of Hutch lately to see how crappy he's been, doubt they're too concerned.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Meh, way overrated, I'm sure the Hawks have seen enough video of Hutch lately to see how crappy he's been, doubt they're too concerned.

Oh ya, they have won 3 cups, I doubt Hutch has them worried. It is definitely a positive to have though a goalie who plays a good team with confidence. Hutch's best games as a Jet have always been against the Hawks. Its something for him to build off, given his play lately.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
More PSS means they will face the tough match ups and be less productive. More ice time does not always equal more production. Let LLW handle the tough match ups allowing PSS the easier minutes where they can be really dangerous.

PSS have been facing more tough match ups lately and are starting quite often in their own end so its not like people are asking for them to play a different role. They would just like them to get a bit more ice time so that the LLW line doesn't get burnt out. I think we need to get Scheifele some time on pk so that LLW aren't utilized in that situation as much.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hellebuyck get the start just to see how he fares in a back-to-back.

I cant see it... that's way too much of a risk for his confidence right now. Confidence is sky high right now and playing him again sets him up for a down game possibly and confidence killer.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If Armia is in the line-up, then it's Bickell in for the Hawks, Peluso out for the Jets. Interesting.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Happy to see Armia in if true, but unfortunate as he would be on the 4th and not get that much time.

Would love to see an Armia Burmi Ehlers line. That line would ooze creativity.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Happy to see Armia in if true, but unfortunate as he would be on the 4th and not get that much time.

Would love to see an Armia Burmi Ehlers line. That line would ooze creativity.

I think he needs to demonstrate that he's a responsible defensive player first especially at this level before he starts moving up the lineup. I'm fine with a Lowry Copp Armia line. It makes sense. Those are the players he's practiced with. Generally ice time is earned. Here's his chance to earn more.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Lowry - Burmi - Ehlers
Thorburn - Copp - Armia

Armia & Mission Impossible Vol 2. (Vol 1. was on preseason) But i'm cool with it. :)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What if Armia is in because Wheeler is hurt , he didn't look like himself yesterday .:shakehead

He looked pretty good on the OT winner and somehow managed to stay onside. I didn't see him get hurt in the goal celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad