GDT: WPG Jets vs. CHI Blackhawks Battle for the Wildcard spot Dec 6, 2015 @ 4PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
jtq5ic.jpg

JETS FANS > Blackhawks Ice Ladies :sarcasm:;)

2vt2zbl.jpg

33nbudh.jpg

2irx013.jpg

15cg0tw.jpg

zugpw7.jpg

JETS CAPTAIN > Blackhawks Captain :naughty:
He gets paid 2.5x less than your captain .... :D

2yo36af.jpg

11k8qxg.jpg

1twnkz.jpg

EHLERS >> Panarin :yo:
next year and all the years after :D

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
This feels like a very-homer GDT :P It's good though :handclap:
Go Jets!
Let's continue being streakbusters and break PKane's streak :yo:
Hutch has great career numbers against Chicago, hopefully he keeps those up (if he starts)

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand

Great commentary from the colour guy of the Jan.16, 2015 Tony P. beatdown of Bickell, who may be called up for the game.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ok, now it's time for Hutch to wake up play like he deserves to be in the NHL. This isn't the ECHL anymore Hutch, get your head out of your butt. Assuming he plays in net Sunday......:laugh:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
3 game win streak - can the Jets continue it? Is the team we've seen the last several games the real Jets? Does Hutch deserve the start based on his record against the Hawks, or does Helle based on the last three games? Will the real Andrew Ladd show up? Does Joel Armia get a chance to supplant someone on the 3rd line?

These are the questions I'm interested in seeing the answers to. Maybe today's game gives us some indications as to how much Maurice has them buying into the systems.

Should be a really entertaining game.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
to all the guys I was discussing the Stars success this season:

I accept that you guys were right and I was wrong. :cry:

Lehtonen is 10-1 with a 918SV% and a 2.37 GAA. Those numbers can win a lot of games with that offense. But even I didn't think it would be this hot.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Mo Maurice ride the Hot goalie for it could end today or it could go on and on and on for only God knows, so let the Hot Hellebuyck play its his adventure and we all hang on for the ride for were three games in and we play today so lets see how far our Hellebuyck and our Jets in front takes us all.

You only have to remember Goalie streaks of win after win do happen in the NHL and guess what we deserver one and maybe its our turn now for a streak so enjoy the game for we face reality everyday in this crazy world and as for Hellebuyck I hope he breaks records after NHL records.

Go Jets Go

Last edited:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
ALRIGHT WE GOT THE GOOD LINES.

ESP will be magical

Armia and Copp will do well on the 4th

Hutch is clutch

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I really hope the "message" gets sent to the team today. Peluso and Thorburn can't hurt their team the way they did yesterday.

#freearmia

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
2 wins

3 game win streak - can the Jets continue it? Is the team we've seen the last several games the real Jets? Does Hutch deserve the start based on his record against the Hawks, or does Helle based on the last three games? Will the real Andrew Ladd show up? Does Joel Armia get a chance to supplant someone on the 3rd line?

These are the questions I'm interested in seeing the answers to. Maybe today's game gives us some indications as to how much Maurice has them buying into the systems.

Should be a really entertaining game.

Presently 2 win streak.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Hoping Hutch is clutch, posting a good game against the Hawks should help with confidence, regardless of his already impressive record against them.

Go Jets.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
It's not even about starting Hutch really, it's about what the team in front of him turns into. Originally Posted by gholas

Another reason why Helle should play today.:handclap::nod::handclap::nod::handclap:

Tough call either way, glad I'm not the coach, dam if you do and dam if you don't but sometimes you need to go with who is hot just like last year with Hutch getting starts over Pav's when Hutch was hot so.... pay back is a b*t** but its a team game and we need to win today.

No ifs and or butts!

We win 2 point's today and the Hawks get nothing.

Plus all the other teams we play against do not know anything much on Helle so we have that in our pocket as well for now.

Go Jets Go

As Per: http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/05/jets-end-caps-winning-streak-after-deeply-bizarre-goal-review/

By James O'Brien Dec 5, 2015, 6:14 PM EST

With Ondrej Pavelec hurt and Michael Hutchinson struggling, Hellebuyck may just fuel more changes in Winnipeg’s net. Considering how brutal the Central Division is right now, it’s likely that Paul Maurice will be happy to ride the hot hand.

There’s no doubt that Hellebuyck is that play right now.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
LLW had huge minutes last night. They're going to have to rely a lot on Scheif's line and especially Burmi's line today. I really think that the Jets should put Lowry on LW with Burmi and Ehlers and play Thorbs-Copp-Armia as a 4th line against the Hawks. Absolutely no rational reason for playing Peluso against the Hawks. Maurice has a good reason for benching Peluso (his undisciplined penalty last night). Time to see what Armia can do.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
LLW had huge minutes last night. They're going to have to rely a lot on Scheif's line and especially Burmi's line today. I really think that the Jets should put Lowry on LW with Burmi and Ehlers and play Thorbs-Copp-Armia as a 4th line against the Hawks. Absolutely no rational reason for playing Peluso against the Hawks. Maurice has a good reason for benching Peluso (his undisciplined penalty last night). Time to see what Armia can do.

I could see Armia replacing one of Thorburn or Peluso but I don't see Maurice screwing with 2 different lines.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Great GDT Jetsfareast! These "Black Hawk Ice Ladies" are looking pretty nefarious to me. Looking at the stats I did not realize Hellybuyk is 3-0! He's the real deal Go :jets Go!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
****ing hell, 42 points already for the Stars. There is no stopping them, is there.

Yeah. It's incredible because all they did in the off season was acquire Matt Fraser.

Oh, wait. Sorry, I got confused. That was a different team. Wonder how they are doing.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I could see Armia replacing one of Thorburn or Peluso but I don't see Maurice screwing with 2 different lines.

Then replace Peluso with Armia. My main concern is that the Burmi line needs to play a lot more today, and I'm not sure I want Thorbs playing a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad