GDT: WPG Jets vs. CHI Blackhawks Battle for the Wildcard spot Dec 6, 2015 @ 4PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Couldn't believe how excited Ehlers was while he sat silently on the bench while the rest of the Jets were standing and screaming after the Schief OT goal!:shakehead

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Another big game - not against Hutch starting and really hope he plays strong... but he needs to be on a short leash... these points are crucial if we want to climb back to the playoffs.

Is today the day we see Armia? Doubtful- we all know how PoMo feels about tinkering with a line up after a win... still... dropping Thor to his regular spot or Peluso to popcorn duty is my preference

Looking for the usual big games from Buff, Ladd- who is coming around of late, and Schief- just cuz

4-3- OT

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Would the average performance drop-off in b2b games take Helly from his current .960 or so down to Hutch's current .900 or so? :D

Just a hold-over point to Jet's comments in the previous GDT that was just closed...the radio guys were discussing the review of the gwg while it was happening and they noted the whole "did he lift his foot off the ice" angle and the consensus was that while Wheels may have lifted his foot, the puck had crossed the blue line already anyway so it still wasn't off side. But in the end, they also noted that any review that takes what, 10 minutes could not be considered conclusive in any sense so how could you turn over the call??

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Helle is not a .960 goalie. Only another 2400 shots we should know ;)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I lose my faith in Mo if he doesn't drop Peluso or Thorburn tonight. Ridiculous penalties from both of them last night.

They also both played pretty well last night.

Both of those guys have been good for the Jets through a pretty rough time.

I'd like to see Armia draw in just to inject some fresh legs into the lineup, but not because one of those guys haven't played well enough to be in the lineup.

GREAT GDT Jetsfareast! Thanks for stepping up!

Can we get to REAL .500 today? Will Hutch remember that he is an NHL quality goalie?

I can't believe that we are actually in a playoff spot right now with our record :laugh:

GO JETS GO!!

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Helle is due to have a let down game and Hurch is due to bounce back. Timing this right is tricky but why not take the chance today? There will be people on both sides criticizing Maurice either way if we lose. It's a tough spot.

FTR, I'd go with Hutch.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I hope whoever Maurice starts is kept on a short leash, 3 goals and he gets the hook!

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Couldn't believe how excited Ehlers was while he sat silently on the bench while the rest of the Jets were standing and screaming after the Schief OT goal!:shakehead

Couldn't believe you also didn't notice Little who was doing the same thing or you didn't notice the little fist bump Ehlers gave and how he mouthed the words 'yes' after the goal was scored and then then jumped up soon after with a big smile on his face to celebrate with the rest of his teammates.....in other words c'mon man!!!!

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
****ing hell, 42 points already for the Stars. There is no stopping them, is there.

Yeah it seems the Stars are the only central team that hasn't fallen off the torrid pace they began the season with. The rest seem to be scuttling a little bit as of late.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Finally a game I can watch. Hutch is good against the Hawks so I'm not fussed. Nice day to bounce back and the team better not leave him high and dry. GJG

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
easily safest decision for Maurice is going with Hutch... cant go with Helle today after a OT game yesterday... Id be VERY surprised if Helle plays

Having said that, the pressure on Hutch today to have a great game is HUGE. He needs a good game. Its obvious that he is well aware that if he craps the bed, he will be designated backup to Helle for the foreseeable future. He needs a great game

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Just curious, and not trying to be a dick, but why do you care about that **** at all?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hutch's record against Chicago is the most overstated argument going, goalies don't own teams.

Not saying start Bucky but that wouldn't be the reason not to imo.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I guess Hutch starts because you don't want to treat Helle like he is a rented mule. Jets need to go .667 the rest of the way. They don't have to win every game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Would be extremely surprised to see Helle, he faced a lot of pucks last night. Need a goalie with fresh legs against the Hawks. This one might get ugly

Jets2014

Feb 8, 2014
Yes I was including today's game.

Less Peluso, more Armia.

Less LLW, more PSS.

Less shots, more saves.

Less goals against, more goals for.

That's my game plan.

More PSS means they will face the tough match ups and be less productive. More ice time does not always equal more production. Let LLW handle the tough match ups allowing PSS the easier minutes where they can be really dangerous.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Hutch's record against Chicago is the most overstated argument going, goalies don't own teams.

Not saying start Bucky but that wouldn't be the reason not to imo.

Disagree as someone who watched Antero Niitymaki a very average at best goalie own the Thrashers for years haha. He beat Atlanta 17 straight times. I remember guys like Little and Kovalchuk in interviews saying it was unbelievable, that it got to them, they would over think chances. While goalies can't own teams, a goalie can have a major confidence boost when he beats a team many times and plays great against them. Same as a team can think "oh god, Hutchinson again, how do we beat this guy"

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I lose my faith in Mo if he doesn't drop Peluso or Thorburn tonight. Ridiculous penalties from both of them last night.

I've lost my faith in his rational on the 3rd & 4th lines about 10 games ago. if he's too Stuuuuu*** to realize that Thorbs & Peluso are badly misplaced where they are, and that Stu belongs nowhere near the PK, then there is little hope for the man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad