GDT: WPG Jets vs. CHI Blackhawks Battle for the Wildcard spot Dec 6, 2015 @ 4PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Then replace Peluso with Armia. My main concern is that the Burmi line needs to play a lot more today, and I'm not sure I want Thorbs playing a lot more.

Maurice won't control the matchups today.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Mo Maurice ride the Hot goalie for it could end today or it could go on and on and on for only God knows, so let the Hot Hellebuyck play its his adventure and we all hang on for the ride for were three games in and we play today so lets see how far our Hellebuyck and our Jets in front takes us all.

You only have to remember Goalie streaks of win after win do happen in the NHL and guess what we deserver one and maybe its our turn now for a streak so enjoy the game for we face reality everyday in this crazy world and as for Hellebuyck I hope he breaks records after NHL records.

Go Jets Go

I'd ride the hot goalie as I believe Helly would give the Jets a better chance. I think Maurice will play it a little safer and go with Hutch. I hope Hutch is up for the challenge.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I lose my faith in Mo if he doesn't drop Peluso or Thorburn tonight. Ridiculous penalties from both of them last night.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maurice won't control the matchups today.

Exactly why I'm a bit worried about Thorbs on the 3rd line. Burmi's line will need to play more because LLW was thrashed last night and could be sluggish today. Personally, I'd like to see Maurice use Scheif and his line more against tough line-ups. I think LLW is getting too much ice time.

Scheif could also get more PP and PK time.

Here's the Jets' ice-time distribution so far this year (forwards).

Ladd 20:06
Little 19:47
Wheeler 19:46
Stafford 17:37
Scheifele 16:56
Perreault 16:14
Burmi 15:21
Ehlers 14:38
Lowry 13:39

Lowry has dipped a lot lately, with Thorbs taking his place on the 4th line.

I'd like to see LLW play a bit less (particularly Ladd, who tends to get gassed by the 3rd period). I'd like Scheif to play a bit more, along with Burmi. Copp needs more ice-time. He's ready for the PK, IMO. I would replace Ladd on the PK with Copp at least half of the time.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
4pm start good. I thought it was at 2 again. Will allow me to get most of my work done and get home in time for the opening face off.

I think Hutch gets the start. If it's anyone he can regain his mojo against it's hopefully Hawks because of his prior work against them.

Go Jets Go!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Imagine the storyline though if Helle played today and stopped Kane's point streak! That would be sweet.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Helle-Hutch Helle-Hutch is what to expect.

Hopefully the stanley cup champs help Hutch regain his form.

Back to back Hell E - YES.... play the hot Goalie! and continue until he loses one :handclap::nod::handclap::nod::handclap:

You know what's wrong with some of you who want hutch in net today is you have been programmed by the Pav Hutch routine for so long you cant even see a Hell of E gift ready to win multiple hockey games.... arrg!!! why cant some of you believe for Helle We Can!

Faith people have some Faith!

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Helle-Hutch Helle-Hutch is what to expect.

Hopefully the stanley cup champs help Hutch regain his form.

To me Helly plays alot like Price , he isn't all over the place , very good angles and doesn't expend alot of energy because of this . I would start him again today .

White Out 403*

Peluso needs to sit. 4th line Jesus didn't get a bad penalty yesterday he was kinda screwed by the ref.

Yes. I defended thor. Weird.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Peluso needs to sit. 4th line Jesus didn't get a bad penalty yesterday he was kinda screwed by the ref.

Yes. I defended thor. Weird.

He took an extra shot at him that got him called. Peluso's penalty was worse to me though it was dumb and dangerous.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
To me Helly plays alot like Price , he isn't all over the place , very good angles and doesn't expend alot of energy because of this . I would start him again today .

I agree he reminds me of Price as well. Also agree he should start today.

Rixel

Apr 13, 2015
I'd ride the hot goalie as I believe Helly would give the Jets a better chance. I think Maurice will play it a little safer and go with Hutch. I hope Hutch is up for the challenge.

I was thinking this at first....but, I am leaning towards Helly.....and the reason is a bit odd, but I think logical:

Confidence is one skill that is earned, not learned....and, doubly so with a rookie goalie. Helly is on a hot streak. His confidence is probably pretty high, most likely. So, I am thinking...put him in. If the game is lost, you can tell him after:
"Hey, you were playing B2B after a long game and a flight...nobody can slight you for this game."

and....confidence restored.

Or the Jets win, and confidence boosted even more.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Back to back Hell E - YES.... play the hot Goalie! and continue until he loses one :handclap::nod::handclap::nod::handclap:

You know what's wrong with some of you who want hutch in net today is you have been programmed by the Pav Hutch routine for so long you cant even see a Hell of E gift ready to win multiple hockey games.... arrg!!! why cant some of you believe for Helle We Can!

Faith people have some Faith!

Of course Hellebuyck can win today. Any goalie can win on a B2B. There is a penalty to pay for playing goalies on a B2B that stats numbers can back up.

In the end, it's up to Maurice. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hutch in net today though.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
I was thinking this at first....but, I am leaning towards Helly.....and the reason is a bit odd, but I think logical:

Confidence is one skill that is earned, not learned....and, doubly so with a rookie goalie. Helly is on a hot streak. His confidence is probably pretty high, most likely. So, I am thinking...put him in. If the game is lost, you can tell him after:
"Hey, you were playing B2B after a long game and a flight...nobody can slight you for this game."

and....confidence restored.

Or the Jets win, and confidence boosted even more.

Thankyou!:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland