Blue Jays Discussion: Would rather get punched in May than knocked out in October - ALCS bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They probably think that once you convert to standard Canadian Metric Time that it is an evening game. For the whole country :sarcasm:

:laugh:

in other news. Oi. Price. it is nuts that in 8 starts he still can't pick up a win and his ERA is horrible. i know that he could have had that one where we flubbed up in KC, but really. at this point, esp. for his pricetag, he needs to get his poop together

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
I don't want a game 4 nor a 5, but can some please explain me why in the duck is Game 5 at 9:30 PM? What is wrong with MLB, seriously.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Woohoo! Another win for the Jays. Solid gutty win by scattering 13 hits and getting out of lots of innings with runners in scoring position. :)

I read that it was only the second time ever a pitcher gave up 4 home runs in an ALDS game. And Darvish was a supposed ace. Nice.

I was at work using the mlb.com Gameday tracking thing, which is decent but not like seeing or hearing the game. The funny thing is, it does a better job of showing the pitch tracking/count/location than the freaking game itself on TBS, which is a little ridiculous.

On to game 3 and the home crowd with a rattled Ranger team!

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I don't want a game 4 nor a 5, but can some please explain me why in the duck is Game 5 at 9:30 PM? What is wrong with MLB, seriously.

That time only happens if both ALDS series go 5 games. It allows them to show both games in the evening. With the Sox-Indians at 6:00 and Jays-Rangers at 9:30. The Jays-Rangers gets the later slot because it is being played in Texas, meaning the local start time is 8:30. If only one series goes 5 games, then game 5 will be at 8:00 PM.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
That time only happens if both ALDS series go 5 games. It allows them to show both games in the evening. With the Sox-Indians at 6:00 and Jays-Rangers at 9:30. The Jays-Rangers gets the later slot because it is being played in Texas, meaning the local start time is 8:30. If only one series goes 5 games, then game 5 will be at 8:00 PM.

Thanks, didn't realize Texas was an hour behind.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
2 things to reinforce:

1. Osuna's hesitation step on that last crucial pitch demonstrated gigantic testicles.
2. I know i give him lots of grief but dammit Upton's lazy/scared misplay almost cost us the game - and he's a defensive replacement! pompey should really be playing ahead of him. that play was a disgrace.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
2 things to reinforce:

1. Osuna's hesitation step on that last crucial pitch demonstrated gigantic testicles.
2. I know i give him lots of grief but dammit Upton's lazy/scared misplay almost cost us the game - and he's a defensive replacement! pompey should really be playing ahead of him. that play was a disgrace.
Pompey is not on the play off roster

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
2 things to reinforce:

Seriously why the **** is he a defensive replacement? He's a defensive disaster!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Seriously why the **** is he a defensive replacement? He's a defensive disaster!

that was like the scariest thing i've ever seen. the ball hits the ball, and Upton is like hey look at it go between my legs. HUSTLE!

but who else do we use though?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
that was like the scariest thing i've ever seen. the ball hits the ball, and Upton is like hey look at it go between my legs. HUSTLE!

It was a simple fielding mistake. All fielders make them. It wasn't that big of a deal. Move on.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It was a simple fielding mistake. All fielders make them. It wasn't that big of a deal. Move on.

yes, i get that, yes I know that, it's not a big deal in hindsight because we won the game and i have moved on. it was a legitimate question, to what Mapes asked I thought. He didn't really hustle on the move and he's had some defensive blunders. who else would replace them though.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Because Pompey is worse!

He is worse but some are certainly convinced otherwise for some reason. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Upton has been a very good defender for years. A few bad plays don't change that. If you wanna complain about any outfielder it's between Jose and Saunders. Both brutal defensively.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

It was a simple little league fielding mistake.

That was an embarrassing trainwreck for a MLB player of any sort.

Upton be like.. " warning track!? Oh yeah I'm just gonna hold up here so I don't slip on those sharp stones and crash into that padded wall.."

Did anyone see the look of utter disgust on Bautista's face immediately after? That said it all IMO.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone still upset about not signing Price to a ludicrous contract?

I made a comment about Playoff David Price showing up and my father absolutely exploded, claiming it's not fair to pin all 8 losses on him and besides, the Blue Jays never make the playoffs without him last year ;)

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

I swear by the way he moved towards the wall he thought it would hit the wall at a higher point and bounce down to him, and that's why he didn't run right up to the wall on that play. It came off that small lip on the wall really oddly, though, but he should have been ready for that.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Looking ahead of Game 3, would u guys start both Smoak and Saunders in the starting lineup and have Encarnacion as the DH??
If u guys look at both players stats vs the Rangers starter Colby Lewis, they both have amazing numbers, esp relative to our big 4.
Smoak, 22 ABs, is batting .364 with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs. That means 8 hits vs Lewis!
Saunders, 21 ABs, is batting .333 with 1HR and 3 RBIs. 7 hits vs Lewis.
Considering both would play in the bottom of the lineup, that would give the jays some amazing offensive depth vs lewis.
What concerns me is our big 4 vs Lewis. They have been atrociously bad vs him.
JD avg is .133, Eddy avg is .067, Bautista avg is .231, Tulo avg is .182. All with 11+ ABs.
Also Rangers batters have good numbers vs Sanchez.
I think its best to start with
1. Travis (Saunders*)
2. JD
3. Eddy
4. Jose
5. Tulo
6. Martin
7. Pillar
8. Smoak
9. Saunders (Barney*)
* if Travis cant play G3.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I still can't believe all the uncertainty and negativity around the team (from fans) and now a win away from conference final.

You really can't predict baseball it's the best thing about the game the unpredictability.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
He is worse but some are certainly convinced otherwise for some reason. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Upton has been a very good defender for years. A few bad plays don't change that. If you wanna complain about any outfielder it's between Jose and Saunders. Both brutal defensively.

Upton has been terrible defensively since he got here. I don't care if he used to be a good defender, he isn't anymore. Our entire OF outside of Pillar is horrendous in the field. Thank god for him.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I still can't believe all the uncertainty and negativity around the team (from fans) and now a win away from conference final.

You really can't predict baseball it's the best thing about the game the unpredictability.

Thing is, our pitching depth is insane but now our offence is clicking. Look out MLB.

On the flip side, Red Sox looked poised to win the AL. Now look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad