Blue Jays Discussion: Would rather get punched in May than knocked out in October - ALCS bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I just don't see why you throw off a guy's routine (as he's known that he would pitch on Sunday since Wednesday) for the chance to save 6 innings out of him.

The better alternative is to continue to start Estrada and Happ ahead of him, as then the only way he pitches twice in a series is if it goes 7 games which historically happens about 38% of the time. Which means that there is only a 14% chance he would even make five starts if the Jays got to the World Series. And of course, there are worse alternatives than having the AL ERA champ out there for a Game 7 against the other team's #3

Yeah I get your point, and that game 7 point is a solid one as well. Though it doesn't have to be lowering it from 3 to 2 pre WS where 3 is not fine but 2 is. It can be lowering it from 2 to 1 pre WS. Every start you save I think is an advantage so if he doesn't go in the ALDS and goes once in the ALCS then even better

As for the bolded it's possible they told them ahead of time they may switch them if that was an option they were thinking about. If they didn't tell them that ahead of time then it's probably not something they're considering

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Does being down 0-2 last year will help the Jays in this situation where they are the ones who are up 2-0 after 2 road games? I think it does. They have seen how a 2-0 lead can evaporate and how things can unravel for a team in the playoffs. They will take nothing for granted. They know that at 2-0 series is not over.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Does being down 0-2 last year will help the Jays in this situation where they are the ones who are up 2-0 after 2 road games? I think it does. They have seen how a 2-0 lead can evaporate and how things can unravel for a team in the playoffs. They will take nothing for granted. They know that at 2-0 series is not over.

You know what else helps?

Being better than the Rangers.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Anyone still upset about not signing Price to a ludicrous contract?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just hope they show it again on Sunday and wrap it up. If they lose, I think doubt will creep into everybody's mind.

To be frank, even if they lose, nobody can know if there's "doubt" or "nerves" or anything in play or if it just happened that the Rangers won a game. Narrative stuff like this always gets put together after the fact because it needs the structure of events that happened in order to be crafted to fit.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Anyone still upset about not signing Price to a ludicrous contract?

I wasn't then and I certainly am not now. If we get by the rangers who would all prefer to face. I think the tribes pitching is going to give us fits. Although I think they're battling injuries right now. I still think they would be the tougher competition. Not because of where they stand at the moment. Red Sox bats are scary

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To be frank, even if they lose, nobody can know if there's "doubt" or "nerves" or anything in play or if it just happened that the Rangers won a game. Narrative stuff like this always gets put together after the fact because it needs the structure of events that happened in order to be crafted to fit.

I was saying doubt might creep into everybody's mind if they lose game 3 not that it would have anything to do with the loss.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I think going into Toronto down 0-2 is a lot different than us going into Texas last year down 0-2. Our park will be absolutely insane, Arlington was pretty calm. We have a Cy Young calibre pitcher taking the mound where as last year they had their **** guys going games 3 and 4.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
CuMUULNUkAE7Fv0.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/MLBMeme/status/784493114786361344
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLR-RLUjMID/

:nod:

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I thought Harold Reynolds was relieved of being a color commentator? This Washington game is unbearable to watch and listen to.

He is soooooo over bearing, loud and obnoxious.

I actually turn the audio off when I hear him.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Do Fox and TBS alternate between leagues each playoffs? I never really paid attention as to how that works. This year Fox is doing the NL, last year Fox did the AL and TBS did the NL, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad