Blue Jays Discussion: Would rather get punched in May than knocked out in October - ALCS bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I thought Harold Reynolds was relieved of being a color commentator? This Washington game is unbearable to watch and listen to.

He is soooooo over bearing, loud and obnoxious.

I actually turn the audio off when I hear him.
He's back? Mother of God...

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
I think going into Toronto down 0-2 is a lot different than us going into Texas last year down 0-2. Our park will be absolutely insane, Arlington was pretty calm. We have a Cy Young calibre pitcher taking the mound where as last year they had their **** guys going games 3 and 4.

yeah perez and holland are not sanchez and stroman. big difference.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Sanchez taking the mound back at home...man, I'm feeling confident. We are past the Rangers two best pitchers and we managed to beat them up quite well.

Go get 'em Sanchize.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Never EVER take anything for granted but really getting a warm fuzzy feeling about our offense finally waking up. We've been kinda waiting for the big bats to gel all year it seems but so far these playoffs they look good. Any team must crap their pants a bit having to face MVP Donaldson, then Power Machine Edwin, then another MAJOR threat and proven big game producer in Bautista... only to be followed by Vets Tulo, Martin, throw in a hot Zeek.... man it's fun to watch when they all get hungry.

Best part is our rotation is among the best in the game depth wise. For Texas to win they have to beat all three of Sanchez, Stroman, and Estrada, with a side of Liriano (hopefully he's ok). I like our chances with those odds but still have to deliver.

Looking good boys - stay focussed, hungry and patient. As the saying goes "success is not owned, it's rented, and the rents due tomorrow". We have enough very competent veterans that I think we have something here.

Bring on game 3.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Never EVER take anything for granted but really getting a warm fuzzy feeling about our offense finally waking up. We've been kinda waiting for the big bats to gel all year it seems but so far these playoffs they look good. Any team must crap their pants a bit having to face MVP Donaldson, then Power Machine Edwin, then another MAJOR threat and proven big game producer in Bautista... only to be followed by Vets Tulo, Martin, throw in a hot Zeek.... man it's fun to watch when they all get hungry.

Best part is our rotation is among the best in the game depth wise. For Texas to win they have to beat all three of Sanchez, Stroman, and Estrada, with a side of Liriano (hopefully he's ok). I like our chances with those odds but still have to deliver.

Looking good boys - stay focussed, hungry and patient. As the saying goes "success is not owned, it's rented, and the rents due tomorrow". We have enough very competent veterans that I think we have something here.

Bring on game 3.

This part gives me the most hope. Can't help but think Happ would see a bit of relief time if needed if the series does go long

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
This part gives me the most hope. Can't help but think Happ would see a bit of relief time if needed if the series does go long

Yes add Happ to the bullpen with the day off too.

Let's be honest if Texas can beat Sanchez, Stroman, and Estrada in a row, get through our bullpen and keep our bats silent for three games, they will deserve to win, I'll tip my cap. Of course anything can happen but I like our odds a bit better.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Looks like we are peaking at the right time this year.. still not had a 10 game winning streak this year.......

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
i really really want to beat boston head to head but seeing them get swept humiliatingly in the first round is the next best thing.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
So, if the Jays lose on Sunday, the time of Game 4 on Monday depends on whether or not Cleveland wins on Sunday.

If Cleveland loses, meaning their series continues with the Indians up 2-1, Game 4 of the Jays-Rangers series will be at 1:00 PM.

If Cleveland wins, eliminating the Red Sox, Game 4 of the Jays-Rangers series will be at 6:00 PM.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/205307902/mlb-division-series-start-times/

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I have the smuggest smile in the world after seeing David Price's performance.

Nowhere near worth that albatross of a contract, and I fully eat crow now that I wanted him resigned. We dodged a bullet.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So, if the Jays lose on Sunday, the time of Game 4 on Monday depends on whether or not Cleveland wins on Sunday.

If Cleveland loses, meaning their series continues with the Indians up 2-1, Game 4 of the Jays-Rangers series will be at 1:00 PM.

If Cleveland wins, eliminating the Red Sox, Game 4 of the Jays-Rangers series will be at 6:00 PM.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/205307902/mlb-division-series-start-times/

i keep forgetting Monday is thanksgiving, so i am like. gah. work. but i don't have to go to work. so it doesn't matter.

it would be nice to have an evening game though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
i keep forgetting Monday is thanksgiving, so i am like. gah. work. but i don't have to go to work. so it doesn't matter.

it would be nice to have an evening game though.

They probably think that once you convert to standard Canadian Metric Time that it is an evening game. For the whole country :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad