Worst Goaltender Interference Call in History- CGY/EDM

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Meanwhile in San Jose, our goalie gets literally mugged while being scored on and the incompetent Refs let it stand.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I thought it was the right call.

Didn't imped the goaltender to make the save as he already made it and two, he reset but didn't know where the puck was. That's on him. Then Strome knocked it in.

Eddymac

Dec 6, 2011
Didn't imped the goaltender to make the save as he already made it and two, he reset but didn't know where the puck was. That's on him. Then Strome knocked it in.
He didn't reset square to the puck though, he got with his body facing center icer, not to the left of him.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
IMO he was pulled slightly to be horizontal of the goal, not allowing him to square up to the rebound. A borderline call, but no where near the worst I've seen.
If he wasn’t sliding across the net Mcdavid would have scored. He wasn’t pulled at all here he slid the direction Mcdavid was cutting and saved his shot.

Eddymac

Dec 6, 2011
His skate clearly caught his block, pulling him probably another half a foot horizontally, may have been the different in a save or not.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Eddymac

Dec 6, 2011
Yeah, actually I played goalie and went to the outdoor rink tonight. You ever forget to put on your glasses?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He didn't reset square to the puck though, he got with his body facing center icer, not to the left of him.
Pretty simple call in my opinion. Other instances of GI have had a lot more going on than this. McDavid skates right into him...

Last edited:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
bringing back the foot in crease rule might actually be an improvement on what's happening right now how embarrassing is that?

that's how f***ed this goalie interference shit is. taking away great goals because you can't touch the goalie in any way, except if you fall all over him.....I just don't even know what is going on.

wow. that was actually called goaltender interference? (I'm posting from only viewing the OP and assuming that was called no goal)

just f***ing wow.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Can anyone post a video. Can’t imagine it’s worst than the Matthews one

Even worse by a long shot which is saying something.

NHL needs to back wayyyy the f*** up on goalie interference and somehow find consistency. Probably tough to do but what they're doing right now is just a complete shame and really hurting the game as a whole.

That is a good goal, heck an awesome goal. Not allowed wtf am I watching?

What am I watching?

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I’ve seen a few goals called off with Tomas Homlstrom in front of the net and never touching the goalie (much worse than this). Granted this was before video review...

Connors skate does hit the goalie, but idk. It’s a close call to me.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I don't know how any fan of hockey can defend this crap. I loathe the Oilers and they got straight up robbed here. That was a damned good goal and we have a serious problem going on it's pretty much official with this one here.

NHL needs to get on top of this fast, this is disgusting to me as someone who's been following for 20+ years as a huge fan (and that's not even long I know)

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
They have made numerous disasterous goalie interference calls this week. They really need to address this during the break, this can't go on like this.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This one has some merit. He did turn him a bit with the contact. He might not have saved it anyway but would have been in a better position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad