Toronto FC: World Cup Edition - (no longer) featuring Team CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You never ever ever bet against Messi .. he is just a little better then everyone else including Neymar and Mbappe .. and quite frankly he is still warming up this World Cup .. best player in world deserves his final trophy

Reactions: Wendelstache

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Wow Netherlands tied it last minute

Amazing

I don't care who wins but I was entertained with the comeback
Dutch started playing better when they started roughing up Messi .. he is getting crabby with ref now .. gotta say it worked for them

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You never ever ever bet against Messi .. he is just a little better then everyone else including Neymar and Mbappe .. and quite frankly he is still warming up this World Cup .. best player in world deserves his final trophy
I don't know much about soccer but I doubt Messi is still the best. My stepson knows a lot about the game, he said before the tournament started that Mbappe is probably the best now. FWIW, he also said that Holland should put in some guy I'd never heard of (mind you I've never heard of anyone on Holland's team), that he was a big huge guy and he'd have an excellent chance of scoring and guess what, he's the guy that scored two goals for Holland. :)
Anyhow, great games. Tomorrow's might be even better, France England is the one I was most looking forward to. Again FWIW, my stepson said that on paper, England has the better team but the coach will mess it up for them.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
crazy day of footie. Both matches were absolutely wild and full of drama so as a neutral i was thoroughly entertained. Argentina struck me as a bit unlikable.. too much time wasting, and general unsportsmanlike antics, even though they were clearly the better side.

croatia seem lucky to be getting through. shitty way for brazil to go out on pens.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I don't know much about soccer but I doubt Messi is still the best. My stepson knows a lot about the game, he said before the tournament started that Mbappe is probably the best now.

Messi is nowhere near the best in the world at this point. a Perfect comparable would be sidney Crosby. At one point he was the best in the world and obviously he is still very good, but his career is in the winding down stage.

dont get me wrong, Messi is still incredible and has a huge impact on the game, but hes Not the same player he once was. mbappe is defintely one of the best…. 2 players that would be in the mix arent even at the World Cup in Mohamed Salah and Erling Haaland.

• Haha
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Messi is nowhere near the best in the world at this point. a Perfect comparable would be sidney Crosby. At one point he was the best in the world and obviously he is still very good, but his career is in the winding down stage.

dont get me wrong, Messi is still incredible and has a huge impact on the game, but hes Not the same player he once was. mbappe is defintely one of the best…. 2 players that would be in the mix arent even at the World Cup in Mohamed Salah and Erling Haaland.
Taking away people's ability to like posts seems like a really bad idea. We can still like them, it's just that we have to quote the post in order to say so which just clutters up the forum. If anyone's listening, consider this an "opportunity for improvement".

Like. :)

On another note, how cool is it that Canada's group is the only one where two teams are still alive? And if Morocco can hang on, two teams from the group will be in the semifinals. It's very hard to score on Morocco, we'll see.

Been a pretty cool WC so far. :)

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
On another note, how cool is it that Canada's group is the only one where two teams are still alive? And if Morocco can hang on, two teams from the group will be in the semifinals. It's very hard to score on Morocco, we'll see.

Been a pretty cool WC so far. :)

Maybe the initial hand wringing that Canada failed big time, with hindsight, seems premature. Canada had one of the toughest draws in the tourny. I don't think we are as far away from the knockout round as some thought a week ago. We should have destroyed Belgium and we were competitive in all games except for one, where we fell apart in the 2nd half. Looking forward to the next WC.

Reactions: willmma

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I don’t understand those subs by Southgate. Saka was maybe the most dangerous player for England up to that point? Also Henderson was having a very solid game. I get that Henderson is older and Fresher legs would have been good, but f***ing Raheem Sterling?? He was good like 5 years ago. also it’s pretty lame that a guy like Trent Alexander Arnold doesn’t get a look given his attacking upside.

A bit of a shitty way for England to go out this time. They were outplaying France for large stretches of the game.

Reactions: GoonieFace

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
A bit of a shitty way for England to go out this time. They were outplaying France for large stretches of the game.
Yeah, that one is going to hurt for some time.

Personally i think it's far past time for England to look for a new manager. The subs as you mentioned were not good enough and the tactics don't get the most out of this team. This England generation has so much talent, they should be playing more fluid football and really go at teams. Instead they play to not lose and i don't think that gets the most out of them.

Reactions: fancy lad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad