Toronto FC: World Cup Edition - (no longer) featuring Team CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦

Time for a new thread, as the WORLD CUP starts! It's almost here; 36 hours away folks!

Games are on TSN/CTV

1 game on Sunday to kick it off. Full schedule: FIFA World Cup 2022 Tournament Schedule | TSN

Team Canada is in group F, not an easy group!

🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦
Canada schedule (TSN):

Wed, Nov 23CanadaBelgium2:00 PM EST
Sun, Nov 27CanadaCroatia11:00 AM EST
Thu, Dec 1MoroccoCanada10:00 AM EST

canada-canadian-flag.gif

FIFA-World-Cup-Qatar-2022-Final-groups.jpg

We also have a Soccer subforum.

MLS/TFC/general soccer talk can continue in this new thread too.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Cannot wait to see Canada out there!!!! They earned it!! Let's rattle some cages and show our talent in Qatar. I think they have a slight chance at getting through, despite what most say around the world. Odds are (Or FIFA rankings) we should finish in the 4th spot. So anything better than that, I would sign up for. Let's cheer the lads on and hope for the best. Should be a great tourney!

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Personally, I think this is a team full of mercenaries that care more about their bottom line than the privilege to represent their country.

• Wow
Reactions: Ale Brew

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Oh wow you’re heading over? That’s great. Careful where you drink lol.

Canada are in very tough but you know what I think they have an outside shot at 2nd. if for no other reason that Croatia is so old. And we’re young. Hopefully Davies is fully fit.
The young uprising! It's coming! Just believe!

Yeah heading out tomorrow and not planning to drink during this trip. Mainly to ensure i don't get taken out by dehydration.

Personally, I think this is a team full of mercenaries that care more about their bottom line than the privilege to represent their country.
Lol based on what?

• Haha
Reactions: ktownhockey

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Really looking forward to this! Super pumped for the Canadian boys. Hate that there are so many recent injury concerns so close to the start of the tournament but hopefully everyone can pull through. Talk about being thrown into the fire with the first game against Belgium though eh?

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021

Wut lol.

If anything they've shown immense loyalty. Davies was here during the pandemic to play in front of 0 fans against Suriname.

If you're talking about the boycott then that's more of a discussion about how poorly every sports federation is run in Canada

• Love
Reactions: ktownhockey

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I've read a lot of tripe on these boards, but this takes the cake.

No matter what happens this tournament, because we are in tough, I have yet to come across a tighter group or a team that will fight as hard for each other as these boys.

Last edited:

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Worried that the train gets off the tracks game one.

Not as much hype as their should be imo if we lose in a poor effort people will hop off the wagon quickly

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Not as much hype as their should be imo if we lose in a poor effort people will hop off the wagon quickly

I think they matchup well with Belgium and Croatia. Both those teams are slow at the back, hopefully we can expose that. That being said, it will be tough sledding to advance in this group

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think they matchup well with Belgium and Croatia. Both those teams are slow at the back, hopefully we can expose that. That being said, it will be tough sledding to advance in this group

I don't think Croatia is slow at the back at all. It's basically a bunch of kids and Lovren, and I think there's a decent chance he doesn't start. I really like their 20 year old CB Gvardiol. I think Croatia will be the toughest fixture to take points from, they're very well disciplined.

I think our path to advancing is shocking Belgium in the opener and taking care of Morocco.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Sucks that Canada’s first appearance at the World Cup in over thirty years is in bass ackwards Qatar but the soccer should still be enjoyable. Hopefully they can score a few goals, even if they don’t make it out of the Group Stage.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021

I agree we're fast and as we saw with her devil's that can go a long way

Sucks that Canada’s first appearance at the World Cup in over thirty years is in bass ackwards Qatar but the soccer should still be enjoyable. Hopefully they can score a few goals, even if they don’t make it out of the Group Stage.

Wish it was in Europe honestly would be a better atmosphere as well. Going to be interesting to see what the big games even look like

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I don't think Croatia is slow at the back at all. It's basically a bunch of kids and Lovren, and I think there's a decent chance he doesn't start. I really like their 20 year old CB Gvardiol. I think Croatia will be the toughest fixture to take points from, they're very well disciplined.

I think our path to advancing is shocking Belgium in the opener and taking care of Morocco.
[/QUO

Lovren is old and so is Vida. Not sure who is going to start, but their midfield is aging as well. No doubt they will be tough, but I think there’s a a chance

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada

Agreed, I hope they don't give one up early against Belgium. If they can hold early it will make Belgium ask questions as the British pundits says lol.

In reality, I think we will have a good showing, Davies or not. We have a good team. The D line are a big question. Stylistically, if we can guard them and catch lightning in a bottle Buchannan, Davies, David, Larin, Eqtaquio can all do the job putting the ball though the net. Let's go boys!

Reactions: GoonieFace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad