Toronto FC: World Cup Edition - (no longer) featuring Team CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Yeah, that one is going to hurt for some time.

Personally i think it's far past time for England to look for a new manager. The subs as you mentioned were not good enough and the tactics don't get the most out of this team. This England generation has so much talent, they should be playing more fluid football and really go at teams. Instead they play to not lose and i don't think that gets the most out of them.
Let it sting. Must be extra disgraceful after losing to the Azzurri in the Euro. Kane is a proper tosser. Too bad Beckham can't use his sway to pull the strings a bit more. Germany had a better chance at beating France with Neuer and Krug setting the tone in their exit game.

bqzxpyw7ap4a1~2.jpg

Argentina* vs Croatia

France* 3 vs Morocco 0

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah, that one is going to hurt for some time.

Personally i think it's far past time for England to look for a new manager. The subs as you mentioned were not good enough and the tactics don't get the most out of this team. This England generation has so much talent, they should be playing more fluid football and really go at teams. Instead they play to not lose and i don't think that gets the most out of them.
My stepson knows the game really well and this is pretty much word for word what he has been saying for a very long time now. He was hoping England gets slaughtered so maybe, the coach would finally be replaced. Playing not to lose with all that talent, I guess the hockey equivalent would be taking the current roster of the Maple Leafs and telling them to play the neutral zone trap system. Defend, defend, defend at all cost.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Let it sting. Must be extra disgraceful after losing to the Azzurri in the Euro. Kane is a proper tosser. Too bad Beckham can't use his sway to pull the strings a bit more. Germany had a better chance at beating France with Neuer and Crue setting the tone in their exit game.

Also, TFC is run by the Giovinco crime syndicate.

Nothing disgraceful about losing to a 4 star nation. The Azzurri's worst generation accomplished more than one of England's golden generations and it should be a surprise to no one. England only has 1 star and it was gift wrapped to them on home soil, with Brazil missing Pele to injury. Football will never be going "home".

When a country has won 4 world cups in their history, there's levels to the winning that is in their DNA.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
My stepson knows the game really well and this is pretty much word for word what he has been saying for a very long time now. He was hoping England gets slaughtered so maybe, the coach would finally be replaced. Playing not to lose with all that talent, I guess the hockey equivalent would be taking the current roster of the Maple Leafs and telling them to play the neutral zone trap system. Defend, defend, defend at all cost.

I think the biggest issue with Southgate is his loyalty to certain players and his refusal to get creative or to think outside his own stubborn box. "Adapt" is not a word that comes to mind when i think of him.

I also think it would be beneficial for England to bring in a better manager, but who is even available? All the top managers have club jobs. Taking a national team job is something people do when they're one step away from retirement. PLus you know England would look to hire an English coach.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Nothing disgraceful about losing to a 4 star nation. The Azzurri's worst generation accomplished more than one of England's golden generations and it should be a surprise to no one. England only has 1 star and it was gift wrapped to them on home soil, with Brazil missing Pele to injury. Football will never be going "home".

When a country has won 4 world cups in their history, there's levels to the winning that is in their DNA.
I am a follower of Italian football. Not sure what your take is about other than to make a spectacle of yourself. In dismal fashion.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think the biggest issue with Southgate is his loyalty to certain players and his refusal to get creative or to think outside his own stubborn box. "Adapt" is not a word that comes to mind when i think of him.
100%, he is far too reactive and risk averse for the job. I get it, tournament football is short and not losing is important. Makes it easy to maintain current strategies and not try new things.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Outside of the US match (which England were very clearly just playing for a 0-0 draw since they knew they would stomp Wales) I thought England looked very progressive this tournament.

I was extremely critical of his tactics against Italy but Saturday was just one where the bounces didn't go England's way.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
messi is too good for these crots .. it is why i always say never ever ever bet against messi .. more skill in his baby fingernail then everyone else on pitch .. ever heard of an 8 year old playing pro ball against men and scoring 5 or 6 a game???? .. never been done before .. no one done it since .. it was a god given skill .. da Dutch knew what they were doing by roughing him up in 2nd half and they came back .. that is only chance da french have .. get him off his game and he might lose it

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
messi is too good for these crots .. it is why i always say never ever ever bet against messi .. more skill in his baby fingernail then everyone else on pitch .. ever heard of an 8 year old playing pro ball against men and scoring 5 or 6 a game???? .. never been done before .. no one done it since .. it was a god given skill .. da Dutch knew what they were doing by roughing him up in 2nd half and they came back .. that is only chance da french have .. get him off his game and he might lose it
Doesn’t hurt that Argentina seem to be getting lots of help along the way

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Doesn’t hurt that Argentina seem to be getting lots of help along the way
Yeah I noticed it too .. da reffing seems a bit like a payoff going on .. da problem with FIFA is no one trusts them at all .. i mean it could actually be occurring although we hate to think that way .. that penalty was a huge IFFY call but seemed like ref was not even wanting to look at it

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
FIFA got what it wanted .. France v Argentina .. da new star Mbappe v old star Messi .. da defending WC champ v da reigning s american champ .. europe v s america .. it will be one of most watched games in history of world futball .. maybe most watched game in any sport ever .. I hope there are no controversial ref calls in final .. I hate seeing refs decide games especially on IFFY calls ... may best man win game

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
FIFA got what it wanted .. France v Argentina .. da new star Mbappe v old star Messi .. da defending WC champ v da reigning s american champ .. europe v s america .. it will be one of most watched games in history of world futball .. maybe most watched game in any sport ever .. I hope there are no controversial ref calls in final .. I hate seeing refs decide games especially on IFFY calls ... may best man win game
Refs have ruined half the games in this tournament, maybe they can get this one right

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Partially agree, could have turned out much different had Brazil & Portugal showed up when they had their chances. There's always going to be an element of human error in any sport, but I doubt FIFA was pulling strings to get Morocco into the semis.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad