Toronto FC: World Cup Edition - (no longer) featuring Team CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I have been pretty surprised with England. They look a lot better than i thought they would. I know a Sadio Mane-less Senegal isn't the truest measuring stick, but England look pretty dominant this world cup (minus the USA game). PLayers like Phil Foden, Saka, Bellingham are damn good. Jordan Henderson has been very good surprisingly.

The game against France might just be the biggest of the tournament (for me at least). I can see the winner of that game coming out the champion.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I have been pretty surprised with England. They look a lot better than i thought they would. I know a Sadio Mane-less Senegal isn't the truest measuring stick, but England look pretty dominant this world cup (minus the USA game). PLayers like Phil Foden, Saka, Bellingham are damn good. Jordan Henderson has been very good surprisingly.

The game against France might just be the biggest of the tournament (for me at least). I can see the winner of that game coming out the champion.

That isn't too far off man. France is very dynamic and deep. They are the favourite going forward in my estimation. If England can somehow pull it out it would be thrilling to see them win it all after bowing out to the Azzurri in the Euro.

Argentina and da Netherlands are two other absolute juggernauts colliding that I can't quite fit my head around who to back. I'm leaning to Messi and the South Americans.

Brazil has their hearts in it and that can make them hard to stop as well as they play for Pele and his final years. Would prefer another team but they are very talented and creative.

What a tournament so far , tons of class and living legends.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

I don't think Bellingham and Rice will run through France midfield and defense like they did against Senegal .. if they do then England may pull a huge upset .. hard to tell with fast midfield teams and England is likely da fastest .. France plays a positional and skilled midfield .. 2 different teams mean interesting games on who can impose their WILL .. hope it does not come down to kicks

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Croatia doesn't seem to play well when the game is tied. They didn't look great vs Morocco and Belgium and same thing today when the game has been tied.

Maybe we shouldn't have scored so early in our game against them :sarcasm:

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Amazing set of skill sets soccer players have.

They are proficient at playing soccer.
They are oscar worthy actors
And they are also assistant refs in their games as well.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Sometime reading some posts here, did people excepted Canada to win the World Cup.
I thought we pretty much expected them to just crash out of the World Cup, the fact that they made it close against Belgium and scored two goals in 3 matches are already more than expected. Lastly, people do need to realize our best player-Davis is far from 100% as he was injured and left the game like 2-3 weeks ago.

Only people who never watch soccer and only watched this world cup because they heard hype around Canada.

I think most people expected (or hoped) for a result against Morocco. This would've been more likely if they didn't get a new manager recently and fix the relationship with one of if not the best Moroccan player (Ziyech).

When Canada took it to Belgium, expectations rose tremendously that most people thought they should beat Morocco and maybe sneak something out against Croatia. That was the overhype for sure.

Belgium might be over the hill, but DeBruyne is a top 5 player in the world right now and prerry much all of their players atill play in major leagues so it was still very impressive.

Would've loved a tie, but the 0-3 record with the second worst goal differential isn't a fair assessment of their World Cup. Put them in USAs spot and maybe they actually get out of thr group stage... They definitely would've been favoured to get at least a win or tie in multiple groups.

FYI Canada's last match vs US was a 2-0 win so at this point they can definitely hang with the teams that aren't legit World Cup hopefuls.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Yeah the first attempt was just awful all around. The other two were well-placed but had absolutely no force behind the kicks. It's like Japan tried to pass it into the net

Having said that, Livakovic was brilliant.
The Japanese players who came up to shoot looked terrified. Definitely shooting not to miss, instead of shooting to score.

England has looked good but they’ve had a very easy road so far. I think I still take Brazil and France over them.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
My flavor crystals reading I had done for me by a gypsy earlier this evening has led me to some insight into the elite 8.

Netherlands vs Argentina*

Croatia vs Brazil*

England vs France*

Morocco vs Portugal*

images.jpeg

Going to shoot my revelations now while I geek out to pictures of Evanka Josmak.

Argentina 3 - Netherlands 2

Brazil 2 - Croatia 1

France 3 - England 1

Portugal 2 - Morocco 1

Will keep you posted

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I just hate Soccer and every other sport that is bigger then icehockey. They intrude everywere, how many talks hockey on a Soccerforum?
Carry on have fun watching mud dry on a shoe, while someone performes the"to be, or not to be... injured" play for the 56th time in 5minutes .

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Amazing set of skill sets soccer players have.

They are proficient at playing soccer.
They are oscar worthy actors
And they are also assistant refs in their games as well.
Croatia doesn't seem to play well when the game is tied. They didn't look great vs Morocco and Belgium and same thing today when the game has been tied.

Maybe we shouldn't have scored so early in our game against them :sarcasm:

img_1_1670326391191~2.jpg

Reactions: willmma

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
My flavor crystals reading I had done for me by a gypsy earlier this evening has led me to some insight into the elite 8.

Netherlands vs Argentina*

Croatia vs Brazil*

England vs France*

Morocco vs Portugal*

View attachment 617609
Messi Neymar and Mbappe are just too good and will carry their teams to wins .. da one I am not sure of is Portugal as maybe what Morocco did to Spain they do too Portugal .. Portugal and Spain very similar playing style type teams .. that bottom right bracket was da weak one (Belgium should never have received one of da big 4 balls based off a bad ranking) nd good on Morocco for taking belgiums spot .. who would have guessed that DeBrunner was finished like CR7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad