Half-Assed GDT: World Championships 2018 - Bluesy

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Here is highlights FIN - DEN. Everyone can judge Husso's perform.

Thanks for the highlights.

None of the 3 goals Husso gave up were weak IMO. Maybe Goal #2 a bit as he could’ve been a bit off his angle but it was still a partial breakaway. Goal #1 was a perfect shot and Goal #3 was a complete defensive breakdown by his teammates leading to the tap-in.

What’s this mean for Finland in terms of moving on in the tourney?

And what do you mean Mikkola gets signed on Team Finland?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

None of the 3 goals Husso gave up were weak IMO. Maybe Goal #2 a bit as he could’ve been a bit off his angle but it was still a partial breakaway. Goal #1 was a perfect shot and Goal #3 was a complete defensive breakdown by his teammates leading to the tap-in.

They waited If Määttä would join in the team, but he refused. Mikkola is last man who get spot on team.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I agree with this. Goal #2 was the worst but was a partial breakaway. Finland's PK looks entirely too passive in both the other goals. The first one, a guy is camped out in front of Husso and a Finnish D is 3 feet away and doesn't move. Nilsson skated through the entire left side of the ice and the D moves maybe a foot. So Nillson skates to the prime scoring spot, nails a shot and Husso is screened. Second one, Granlund is just kind of floating and floats way out of position.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
That 2nd goal on Husso is the only one that is remotely on Husso. I certainly wouldn't call it a bad goal and you can't be down on your goalie if that's the worst thing he does in a game. Hopefully his D picks it up, because they looked lost on goals 1 and 3.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I agree that none of the were *exclusively* Husso’s fault, but he was early on all of them. He went down too early, or dropped his glove too early. Those hiccups in timing are what send goalies down the spiral in the NHL, and he’ll need some more work to iron that out. His stats are strong though and speak for themselves to an extent, so I’m not overly concerned right now, but those technique issues are what separate the good AHL/Euro goalies from the good NHL goalies. I think he plays big in the net and isn’t afraid to challenge, is strong moving post to post, and is pretty great at controlling rebounds, but if he can be burned by a stutter step, he’s going to struggle, especially off the rush like in the Bjorkstrand goal. He’s quiet and calm in net, and given how we performed with Elliott vs Allen, maybe that’s what we need. But that steely patience needs to come along next

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Tage "Tommy Gun" Thompson got in on team USA's 13-1 clown pounding of Korea today with 2 points (1G + 1A). He played 14:51 and was a +3. With Bonino added to the team after the preds loss (lol), it will be interesting to see if TT can stay in the line up and get some decent playing time. I hope he will stay in and maybe get pushed to 4RW, but we shall see. Here was the lineup and highlights from the game:

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Apparently Husso is not starting for Finland in their game against Canada today. :rant:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Apparently Husso is not starting for Finland in their game against Canada today. :rant:
nope.

This Canada's powerplay sucks arse. Yeo is really mastermind of how not to success at powerplay. You have McDavid, Nuge, Ror, Schwartz and fellows. And you can't really develope any real good scoring change. :laugh:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
nope.

This Canada's powerplay sucks arse. Yeo is really mastermind of how not to success at powerplay. You have McDavid, Nuge, Ror, Schwartz and fellows. And you can't really develope any real good scoring change. :laugh:
A lot of unforced errors and some undisciplined play are crippling Canada.

I've only seen the 2nd period, but based on what I've seen, it's quite something that Finland has a 2 goal lead in this game. They're getting absolutely dominated at ES.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
nope.

Missed the first period, but on the Canadian PP I saw in the second, it seemed like the puck was bouncing a lot on the Canadian players. Nobody would shot the damn puck! They kept trying to pass it east/west across the zone for the perfect open shot...but when the Canadian players would try to bury the pass, the puck would bounce over their stick.

A lot of unforced errors and some undisciplined play are crippling Canada.

I've only seen the 2nd period, but based on what I've seen, it's quite something that Finland has a 2 goal lead in this game. They're getting absolutely dominated at ES.
Sounds like the Finnish PP has been good and they've been burying their chances. Canada dominated the play in the 2nd, so Finland better re-group and play better 5v5 in the 3rd if they want to hold off the Canadians.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Another bad powerplay by Yeo.

Ahahahahahahah, Kuemper.

Tolvanen shoot in empty net.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
TT scores, ahahhahaha

OP6YtTl.gif

Reactions: jura

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Its still big suprise that Canada doesn't have better goaltenders? Or did majority of decline invitation in the tournament?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Woof, Canada is going nowhere fast with their current goaltending.

At least the Edmundson - Parayko pairing has been excellent lol

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
14min powerplay (0/7) and not single goal by Canada. Really? Yeo's powerplay book sucks. This has to waken up Doug Armstrong mind that Yeo isn't the right guy for that job. IT kind of scares me how much power and skill has on their team and that powerplay looks dreadful.

Reactions: stl76

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
hah, how long did you hold on that gif. ?

Do you say i'm completely off the table saying Yeo hasn't show nothing good at Canada's powerplay?

I know players need to 'buy-in' in short tournament how to play, but Jeesus Canada has so many good individuals and so much offensive skill that without even saying 'shit' how to play powerplay (what are setups), players should in this level produce at poweplay never less who is coach, but currenlty looks like Yeo is negative thing for this team. Wonder why Blues are NHL #2nd worst powerplay team.

We should be really worried about Blues our powerplay future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad