Half-Assed GDT: World Championships 2018 - Bluesy

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I made this thread for where we can follow inside of Blues forum about World Championships and our players performs.

Vince Dunn, Colton Parayko and Jayden Schwartz are playing for Team Canada. Ville Husso might be the guy who will select in Team Finland.

What about Berglund, Jaskin and Sobotka? Steen, Schenn, Pietro has inform they don't join in their teams.

Btw Looks like Pääjärvi will play Team Sweden, but yeah ex-Blue.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Schwartz and Schenn are playing for Canada with Eddy and Parayko. Dunn is hurt.

Jaskin is in for Czechs as is soshnikov for Russia barring additions that remove them.

Sobotka is not playing.

Husso likely sees the ice with Finland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston and Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso and Mikkola both named to Finnish squad.

Looks like Husso will be 2nd goaltender and Säteri will be starter, but everything can happend if Säteri doesn't perform well. Mikko will be 3rd pair guy or 8th as a bench warmer.

BUT

Kids are in mens World Championships before even played single game at big leagues (NHL)

giphy.webp

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
When does this thing start and is it televised at all?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Good. Let's hope he's recovered in time for training camp.
He may be the heir apparent to the annual 'Colaiacovo Report'.

(again...from Toronto)

If he is re-signed at all. There was a report posted on the main boards (trade boards) from a Russian source thatabout players who may go to the KHL and he was one. Someone linked an interview with him from soon after the season ended. It was in Russian, so google translate probably lost all the context. My take away was that he is considering KHL. He basically said don't talk to me about it now I have to take some time and think. But he sounded very annoyed with how Torotno handled his injury, but also with some things from us. He mentioned that the locker room was very tense and he also mentioned several times how he didn't understand why he was put on the 4th line when he felt he could help more. Again, this is from a google translate of a written transcription of an interview that I am remembering from days ago. Take it all with a gigantic grain of salt.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Here's a LINK to the interview with Soshnikov for anyone interested.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If he is re-signed at all. There was a report posted on the main boards (trade boards) from a Russian source thatabout players who may go to the KHL and he was one. Someone linked an interview with him from soon after the season ended. It was in Russian, so google translate probably lost all the context. My take away was that he is considering KHL. He basically said don't talk to me about it now I have to take some time and think. But he sounded very annoyed with how Torotno handled his injury, but also with some things from us. He mentioned that the locker room was very tense and he also mentioned several times how he didn't understand why he was put on the 4th line when he felt he could help more. Again, this is from a google translate of a written transcription of an interview that I am remembering from days ago. Take it all with a gigantic grain of salt.

Here's a LINK to the interview with Soshnikov for anyone interested.

Honestly...boo friggen hoo. Take your puck and go back to Russia then. Could we have the next William Karlsson on our hands? Lol...I suppose. But the last time we let a physical 3rd-liner flee to Russia over his contract/role, the guy came back as a shell of his former self and is soon to find himself with a new employer. I do think the locker-room got a little stuffy, and losing guys like Backes and Reaves really impacted the morale of the club...but he's free to go back to Russia for what should be the prime of his career. If nothing else, it may prolong his career, since he's got good hands and wheels...the physical NHL has made him a part-time NHL'er thus far in his career, and the primary reason why he hasn't had a chance to earn a larger role.

(Pay attention Sammy Blais).

Reactions: simon in canada

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, I don't really care if we lose Sosh. Based on his short time here, he already seems like he's gotten injured 4 times. He may not ever be healthy enough to even be a regular contributor, and we have other young players that can fill that role quite easily. Letting guys like Sanford, Blais, Foley, Stevens, Musil, etc. battle for that spot could be fun in camp.

In other news, people on the main boards were saying that Jaden Schwartz took Josh Bailey's spot on McDavid's wing in the 3rd period and instantly made that line look better. Schwartz with McDavid... that would be so fun to watch. Schwartzy is s0 underrated in this league.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I felt too he could have been much better fit top6 RW role then Steen or Berglund.

We've locker room problem there has been several cases where it has been openly told out. Wonder who or whom are those guys make Blues locker room so tense?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I felt too he could have been much better fit top6 RW role then Steen or Berglund.

We've locker room problem there has been several cases where it has been openly told out. Wonder who or whom are those guys make Blues locker room so tense?

I disagree about him being in a top 6 role. But we didn't really have a good sample size.

As for the locker room problems, I think it was everyone and it was because he came in during a huge slump. He admits as much. They were slumping and everyone was looking internally on how to fix it, not welcoming a new teammate.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I disagree about him being in a top 6 role. But we didn't really have a good sample size.

As for the locker room problems, I think it was everyone and it was because he came in during a huge slump. He admits as much. They were slumping and everyone was looking internally on how to fix it, not welcoming a new teammate.
Did Sosh Even get change to play 2nd line spot?

You can't know locker room problem was from Bad slump. It has openly told earlier by new players that Blues locker room atmosphere is Bad.

But lets not go OT. Still locker room problem is worth of discussion.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Did Sosh Even get change to play 2nd line spot?

You can't know locker room problem was from Bad slump. It has openly told earlier by new players that Blues locker room atmosphere is Bad.

But lets not go OT. Still locker room problem is worth of discussion.

That was from Soshnikov's description of the locker room, not mine. He said he came in when they were out of the playoffs and everyone was looking in on themselves. It was tense.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Blues have no locker room problems. Those stories only come out when the team is losing a lot of games. It's annoying as hell.

When they are winning, we hear that it's "tight knit."

Shit is getting exhausting.

Regarding Soshnikov, in his limited time, in no way did he ever look like he deserved top 6 minutes, and in no way is he even close to being a better player than Steen or Berglund at this point.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Has anybody watched Soshkinov’s highlights from the Marlies? He looked pretty legit. Injury trouble aside, he could be a good find for a mid-round pick, even if he only ever tops out at Upshall-level.

I’ll be excited to see how he looks in camp this summer. Hopefully everybody comes into camp and gets a fair shot at the 18 skating spots. It should be pretty tight competition internally as long as everybody manages to stay healthy, maybe the most depth we’ve had in years.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Has anybody watched Soshkinov’s highlights from the Marlies? He looked pretty legit. Injury trouble aside, he could be a good find for a mid-round pick, even if he only ever tops out at Upshall-level.

I’ll be excited to see how he looks in camp this summer. Hopefully everybody comes into camp and gets a fair shot at the 18 skating spots. It should be pretty tight competition internally as long as everybody manages to stay healthy, maybe the most depth we’ve had in years.
:biglaugh:

Good one Morty!

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

abel17

May 28, 2009
Soshnikov can go enjoy the KHL if that's the attitude and mindset he has. To have a sense of entitlement when he has literally accomplished nothing in North America is not what I want anywhere near the locker room (and his only decent season in Russia was as a 21 YO averaging 0.56 ppg).

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I loved watching Sosh play, but if that's his attitude, he can go back to the KHL. Don't want none, don't need none. Instead of the next William Karlsson as someone suggested, he's more likely the next Sobotka. We already have 2 entitled players, looking at you 21 and 71, we don't need a third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad