Half-Assed GDT: World Championships 2018 - Bluesy

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
IMO, you play your best players in their natural positions and fill in the gaps the best you can in other ways.
Yup.

You got Schwartz, Steen and Fabbri down the left side. Schenn at center and Tarasenko at RW. Thomas at C or RW.

Just need to fill in the other C and RW spots with players that probably weren’t on the roster last season. One will almost ertainly be through a trade. Leaves a spot open for another trade, FA signing or prospect. I’m not too worried.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Yup.

You got Schwartz, Steen and Fabbri down the left side. Schenn at center and Tarasenko at RW. Thomas at C or RW.

Just need to fill in the other C and RW spots with players that probably weren’t on the roster last season. One will almost ertainly be through a trade. Leaves a spot open for another trade, FA signing or prospect. I’m not too worried.

Don’t discount Thompson taking a step, and also Kyrou, Sanford and Foley Pushing for roster spots. They arent far away. Kostin probably needs at least a half season in the minors.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Interesting to see can Yeo really f up team Canada powerplay skills. USA game was promising how you can suck at OT 4on3 powerplay. Horrendous while you had on ice McDavid, Nuget, ROR and Parayko. Parayko doesn't belong in the 4on3 powerplay where you need to have slick hands and ability to shoot quickly, but clearly we saw that Yeo favors guy who he knows, knows to be bad at powerplay :sarcasm:
I bet Barzal, Eberle and Pageau would be much better fit Canada's 4on3 powerplay blueline then Parayko.

I'm starting to dislike Yeo's game more and more. Zero ability to adjust under game is going on. Yeo could be good assistant coach, tell to players good, positive feedback after shift, but what comes to transition game, powerplay, He's really bad coach for that job. Only couple things what I like its his trust on dmens take changes on cycles and o-zone plays, + give players change to play east-west game too, be creative.

I'm just interested to see what Yeo shows, 'cus that squad you can't suck at powerplay how wrong you can play it or can you? if you do, then you are bad coach.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Intersting to see how Husso survives now, 57 sec PK 5on3 and then continue PK.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Damn, Husso's shutout went. Blueline shot and Husso didn't see nothing. Failure by Husso, see the f***ing puck. c'mon.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Parayko had another goal against Korea tho.
Pshhh, Colton "2nd Pairing" Parayko only scored a goal? Joel "I play higher 5v5TOI%QoC than Parayko" Edmundson had a goal, 2 assists, and was a +4! :sarcasm:

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
Parayko is leading Canada in ice-time by quite a bit.

Edit: Wrong. Ekblad's 28 minutes(!) against USA has him in the lead.
65:06 for Ekblad vs 62.40 for Parayko

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Parayko is leading Canada in ice-time by quite a bit.

Edit: Wrong. Ekblad's 28 minutes(!) against USA has him in the lead.
65:06 for Ekblad vs 62.40 for Parayko

Funny, those two will be butting heads for top spot their whole careers probably. It was interesting when Ekblad was injured during the 2016 WC and Parayko gained a lot of exposure as his ice time grew the next few games. Then Parayko plays really well for Canada at IIHF WC 2017, where Ekblad didn't play. Now they're both on Team Canada in 2018. Of course, we have Army's hands in the mingle with Canada.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Couple big saves by Husso. Looks like Denmark is the first team who will really push hard on and test Finland.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Frans Nielson scores at powerplay. I don't know was that deflected in front of net or went straight in.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hard to say did that shot go in too easily. Damn it. Ofc these are Husso's first big games at international ice, but maybe maybe that 2nd goal was bit easy in my eyes.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He should have stopped that Bjorkstrand goal :/
Ï was that opinion too he could have get that in 'top notch day', but my friends all of them say it was half of breakaway and not goaltender goal.

What I've read from random people at game reports this wasn't Husso fault Finland lost, in other hand many have said he saved Finland in big blow up and gave change to win.

But I would like to say Husso was good, but not magnificant what I've get use to see him perfrom. This is his first big tournament in mens World Championships and toughest opponent what Finland have faced, but I think this will give edge on Sateri who might be the #1 goaltender for Finland.

I just hate when goaltender is left alone and that 3rd goal for example, nobody didn't cover that Danish forward. Its like frigging mind-blowing how badly Finland defender played there.

Last edited:
Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad