GDT: WJC, NYE, Slovakia vs USA, 6am EST

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
USA needed those 2 late goals. They were looking a little sloppy. Hope they tighten things up and close this one out strong.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Gajan wouldn’t have made a difference on many of those goals.
Maybe the inexperience in Slovak defence finally showing.
Although I’ve been really impressed with it overall.
USA is always like this. Same with Canada. Very opportunistic.

20-11 in shots, we also had way more chances and better chances all the way until the last couple of minutes.
Augustine is awesome. The Americans defence was also really good right in front of their net.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
20-11 in shots, we also had way more chances and better chances all the way until the last couple of minutes.
I mean the PP’s helped a lot with that shot advantage. Problem is, is Slovak defense now showing its level. And 4th line got hemmed in badly a few times.

Still just unacceptable at every level to let up for 2 mins and give up 2 late goals

Reactions: Cake Eater

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Slovakian fans shouldn't feel disheartened if they lose this game. I think they will very easily beat Finland in quarter-finals. Slovakian team is so much better than Finland. They're more skilled, play faster, better coached, show more spirit.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Periods are 20 mins long though. You can’t ignore parts of it. Getting outside shots on PP opportunities doesn’t mean Slovakia dominated. Quality of possession matters.

Slovakian fans shouldn't feel disheartened if they lose this game. I think they will very easily beat Finland in quarter-finals. Slovakian team is so much better than Finland. They're more skilled, play faster, better coached, show more spirit.
Worst Finland team in at least a decade. And yes, this Slovak team is a top 5 team, probably top 4, in the tourney. That’s a big tip of the cap for them.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don't think most of the Slovaks on these boards think this team is well coached. Skill is absolutely there though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: