GDT: WJC, NYE, Slovakia vs USA, 6am EST

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I was not waiting on anything, this Slovakian team is overrated, my -2.5 bet went through nicely and somehow the Slovakian posters actually believe that their team is dominating when they're 5 goals down.

It literally makes me chuckle to read these kinds of posts.

Good luck against Finland
And you were probably right.

Good luck to your team as well.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Never expected this… unacceptable performance from Slovaks. 6-2 7-2 fine but they’ve totally tapped out here.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a collapse in all the years I’ve watched this tournament.

Tough to have much confidence after this result
This is just a game you forget about. Yhis was a competitive game through 37 mins or so, then those two late goals were real daggers.

Gajan probably stops the Leonard and Brindley goals, then it's 3-2 going into the 3rd, and it's a completely different game.

MoDoJoel

Jan 2, 2020
Damn... I though this would be a close one as Slovaks had been looking strong the whole tournament... Guess Slovaks had a bad day while team US had a really good one.

Reactions: stastny12

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Never expected this… unacceptable performance from Slovaks. 6-2 7-2 fine but they’ve totally tapped out here.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a collapse in all the years I’ve watched this tournament.

Tough to have much confidence after this result
As soon as the players seen goalie move the team cashed it in.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I was not waiting on anything, this Slovakian team is overrated, my -2.5 bet went through nicely and somehow the Slovakian posters actually believe that their team is dominating when they're 5 goals down.

It literally makes me chuckle to read these kinds of posts.

Good luck against Finland
I said we dominated the 2nd period and still managed to lose it 3-1, which was true at the time and I stand by it. What came in the third period is another story.

You always seem quiet when the Slovaks are playing well, I wonder why that is.

Slovakia still finished 2nd in the group. Meanwhile Latvia, that is supposedly at the same level according to you, couldn't score in 3 straight games. The overrated Slovak prospects had 7 players in the top 20 of tournament scoring before this game, including 3 in the top 4.

Reactions: stastny12 and kudla

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just plays that high risk high reward play. At BU he does all those blue line shimmys while being the last guy back and he usually makes it work. The 1 on 1 play and defending, sure never his strength, but it feels like he is playing the same game he always does. Sometimes it works, sometimes it looks like this.
Yeah, I guess I'm just used to him successfully executing at much higher rate, so the reward usually outweighs the risk.

I wonder if the big ice is messing with his judgement. It's almost too much space for him to properly use his reactionary style.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Not sure anyone’s trade value has decreased more this tourney. His hype from people who don’t watch college hockey but just box scores was pretty funny.
I’m sure college hockey fans, players, and coaches who construct their game plan around shutting him down wonder why he’s getting hyped. They probably just watch the box scores.

Reactions: Luc Poitras

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I’m sure college hockey fans, players, and coaches who construct their game plan around shutting him down wonder why he’s getting hyped. They probably just watch the box scores.
Nobody disputes that he has elite offensive talent. But his defensive game has never been very good, and it's been getting badly exposed in this tournament, just like it did at times in the men's WC.

He's going to have to make a lot of changes to his game if he's ever going to be trusted by NHL coaches.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I said we dominated the 2nd period and still managed to lose it 3-1, which was true at the time and I stand by it. What came in the third period is another story.

Slovakia still finished 2nd in the group. Meanwhile Latvia, that is supposedly at the same level according to you, couldn't score in 3 straight games. The overrated Slovak prospects had 7 players in the top 20 of tournament scoring before this game, including 3 in the top 4.
This is juniors level. Players are young and they can easily fall apart. It happened to us today. Hopefully, we can bounce back. I still think we have a team that can beat Suomi.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He’s not the only player on BU. Ever heard of a guy named Celebrini?
Yeah, and that’s why they connect so well, both together are unstoppable for other teams. If you try to shut down Hutson, Celebrini is there too. Don’t really know what you tried to say with your comment.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo

You're completely misrepresenting my views and implying I've said things I never have.

Not going to engage in a discussion with someone with such toxic opinions.

But as for Team Slovakia and how they have fared so far. Slovakia scored 11 goals on Norway and Switzerland, both of whom would be the underdogs in the relegation battle with the weakest team from the other group - Germany. Latvia beat Norway by +4 in an exhibition game, same as Slovakia, and outshot Czechia in their match up.

You conceded 10 goals against the only medal favorite in your group, similar to Latvia. We will see how you do against the Finns.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This is juniors level. Players are young and they can easily fall apart. It happened to us today. Hopefully, we can bounce back. I still think we have a team that can beat Suomi.

Exactly. Czechia went through this in the opening game vs. Slovakia, now the same thing happened to Slovakia vs. the US. Such things happen in junior hockey and it was a lesson for the young players. It doesn't have to negatively affect them for the QF game at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad