GDT: WJC, NYE, Slovakia vs USA, 6am EST

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Yeah there’s clearly contact with the Slovak defender that sends Hayes in. I might be biased but that feels like the right call

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
His skate clipped the Slovakian players skate. It was incidental contact and he didn't do it on purpose but he still impeded with the goalies ability to make the save.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
His skate clipped the Slovakian players skate. It was incidental contact and he didn't do it on purpose but he still impeded with the goalies ability to make the save.
Yeah I think it was a bad call, the US player clipped the Slovak player from behind, not the other way around. Should have been a no goal.

rulebook:
If an attacking Player enters the Goal Crease and, by their actions, impairs the Goalkeeper’s ability to defend their goal, and a goalis scored, the goal will be disallowed.

It was definitely by the action of the attacking player, he clipped the Slovak from behind and got himself into a disbalance and contact with keeper.

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Honestly don’t understand resting Gajan in a game that makes the difference between getting Finland and Latvia next. If he needs rest why didn’t they rest him against Norway?

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Reckless hit by Hayes. Not sure if it deserves 5 because he doesn’t stick his knee out but still a very dangerous play

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I don’t think Hayes sticks his knee out at all but I’m not going to complain about the call. That’s a bad hit

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
What exactly was going through Hayes' head? That was a completely reckless kneeing and I wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended for the QF game.

Reactions: hn777

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Such bs. Not Hayes fault. He doesnt stick his leg out. Slovak player did it to himself trying to avoid a body on body hit.

• Haha
Reactions: Jakk123

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Hutson was downright brutal vs Norway and we won 11-3 against Swiss and he still was just okay in that game. He was good against Czechia.

He hasn't had a great start to this game.
If we’re strictly talking about defensive play he was brutal in the Swiss game too

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad