GDT: WJC, NYE, Slovakia vs USA, 6am EST

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Periods are 20 mins long though. You can’t ignore parts of it. Getting outside shots on PP opportunities doesn’t mean Slovakia dominated. Quality of possession matters.
not ignoring anything, not many of those shots were from the outside. Plenty of them were right on the doorstep, in fact. You're splitting hairs here.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Periods are 20 mins long though. You can’t ignore parts of it. Getting outside shots on PP opportunities doesn’t mean Slovakia dominated. Quality of possession matters.

Worst Finland team in at least a decade. And yes, this Slovak team is a top 5 team, probably top 4, in the tourney. That’s a big tip of the cap for them.
Augustine though has been great, probably prevented 3-4 goals this period only. Slovaks were getting in plenty of scoring chances. I think the goalkeeper is the difference this game tbh. Urban could have had 2 of those today.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Augustine though has been great, probably prevented 3-4 goals this period only. Slovaks were getting in plenty of scoring chances. I think the goalkeeper is the difference this game tbh. Urban could have had 2 of those today.
Augustine prevented 19 goals that period. That’s what saves mean.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I mean this is who Hutson always has been. I thought he would struggle even more than he has at the NCAA level even. Maybe he will keep proving me wrong.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I mean this is who Hutson always has been. I thought he would struggle even more than he has at the NCAA level even. Maybe he will keep proving me wrong.
I'm not surprised by his poor 1-1 defending and positioning, that's been a part of his game for years.

But his puck management and decision making has historically been a strength of his, and it's been really poor in this tournament. It's odd seeing him make so many poor decisions with the puck.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm not surprised by his poor 1-1 defending and positioning, that's been a part of his game for years.

But his puck management and decision making has historically been a strength of his, and it's been really poor in this tournament. It's odd seeing him make so many poor decisions with the puck.
Just plays that high risk high reward play. At BU he does all those blue line shimmys while being the last guy back and he usually makes it work. The 1 on 1 play and defending, sure never his strength, but it feels like he is playing the same game he always does. Sometimes it works, sometimes it looks like this.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
We´re steeply falling from a high horse... The Finns have to wring their hands.
Wring their hands?

Just plays that high risk high reward play. At BU he does all those blue line shimmys while being the last guy back and he usually makes it work. The 1 on 1 play and defending, sure never his strength, but it feels like he is playing the same game he always does. Sometimes it works, sometimes it looks like this.
He just looks like an idiot this week doing those shimmys when no one is within 10 feet of him. Why? Hockey IQ is double digits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad