OT: Winter Storm Warning in Effect (8-20 inches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Really excited to see what the market looks like on my way home tonight. Really ****ed myself.

Gonna end up missing the entire first period :laugh: :cry:

EDIT - yeah. That was the quickest walk-in, walk-out, in history. Should've went yesterday. No one to blame but myself. Just gonna order two dinners from the diner tonight and have one today and one tomorrow. Hope the bodega is open for the breakfast sandy before it gets too bad out there.

Last edited:

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
We still get them sometimes here North of Atlanta. Down in Savannah though, not at all. I will actually be in your neck of the woods in November for a wedding.

November is a great time to visit. The heat and humidity are gone...

I was warned about the Savannah humidity, but you can't comprehend it until you experience it. It hit at least 90 for 57 consecutive days last summer. It is relentless

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Would love to work from home in front of the fireplace with a nice whisky. No fireplace though. I do have a steaming hot radiator #manhattan

Ahh modern technology. A decade ago, this would've been a snow day for nearly everyone.

I've got a 17 month old at home with off the chart levels of curiosity and cancelled daycare, which adds to the fun.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Been following this thread for the past day or so, I appreciate you guys having a thread for this :laugh:. Just flew in for a conference in Midtown on Tues/Weds. How's LaGuardia in terms of managing the snow? Any chance I get out of here Wednesday night? Thanks.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Been following this thread for the past day or so, I appreciate you guys having a thread for this :laugh:. Just flew in for a conference in Midtown on Tues/Weds. How's LaGuardia in terms of managing the snow? Any chance I get out of here Wednesday night? Thanks.

short answer...if it snows 20 inches.....no

17 others

Apr 1, 2009

LGA is a **** show when it hasn't rained for three weeks. Good luck with this snow

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yisssssssssssssssssss.

Boss cancelled work because the venue is closed tomorrow.

However, that does mean I now have a billion other chores to do in the apartment...

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Sounds like you forgot the rum...

I really miss the excitement and anticipation of these storms now that I have relocated to the south...The clean-up, however is a different story.

Hehe, I always have at least 2 bottles in my house.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

This is supposed to be a fast moving storm. Snow will stop falling by early evening tomorrow night. You should be fine for Wednesday night...24 hours is more than sufficient to clear the foot or so of snow that LGA will experience. I wouldn't be surprise if they are back in action Wednesday morning.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
DC is basically shutting down and we're only projected for 6 inches of snow. Going from NY to the DMV area is amazing to see how poorly they handle snow down here. Went to the grocery store last night and the shelves were completely empty. People treat snow like the apocalypse around here.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'm by Long Beach Island. Weather Channel is now saying 1 to 2 inches of rain for me tomorrow. Where the **** is my snow?

Just FYI, the "weather channel" probably has the worst track record. I would never use them to get anything more than a daily high or low of the day.

Accuweather is usually the most reliable.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
I doubt this storm beats last year's blizzard in the NYC area. Sometime around late Jan 2016...I was actually in town visiting because the Rangers were playing the Sabres that weekend. Craziest snowstorm i have ever experienced. Highest snowfall ever recorded in Central Park.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well the snow totals have continued to increase, good luck out there to all, i think I have around 5-7 inches already. Heading into work now :(

3-13-17-SnowMapFinalUPDATED.png

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Continued to increase? ABC7 is saying 6-8 inches in the city now lol. It's not even snowing near me right now, just some sleet. There's probably 4-5 inches on the ground. Busterooooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad