OT: Winter Storm Warning in Effect (8-20 inches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
I actually think we won't fully know until after midnight. This storm revolves around the coast. If it moves slightly east, we could avoid much of the nonsense down in Jersey by me.

I'm off tomorrow regardless for a medical issue (need my post put in for a crown). If that gets pushed back, I'll just have a free snow day.

I don't think we will know till Wednesday! Ask me then for my prediction ;) haha

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I live on the ocean in Monmouth County NJ and I believe the ocean will save us and hopefully have more rain than snow especially with temps in mid 30´s thats what I´m hoping anyway

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You get those?

Snow closes my office and I get the privilege of working from home and shoveling :laugh:

Its the South. One snow flake will fall from the sky and it causes an 18 car pile up. We are much better prepared than we used to be but yeah. Our offices would be closed. Then again, with my job, I would likely be working from home instead of having the day off. Would still be nice. :)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I live on the ocean in Monmouth County NJ and I believe the ocean will save us and hopefully have more rain than snow especially with temps in mid 30´s thats what I´m hoping anyway

That's all changed with climate change, though. You've seen it the last few years. I'm also coastal Monmouth (moving to Bergen County in June) and, frankly, I feel the coast hurts us more now snow-wise.

It used to save us consistently. With climate change? Not anymore.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Trust me I know I lost everything I owned during Sandy but I feel mid 30´s and east winds from ocean has a chance to cut our totals in half I am hoping for 4 to 6 inches we shall see

FatGiraffe

Oct 5, 2016
Yeah my flight in from London tomorrow just got cancelled, the guy in customer service told me almost every flight to the north east coast are cancelled or postponed. Got a new flight wednesday morning though, so the border control should be fun.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Would love to work from home in front of the fireplace with a nice whisky. No fireplace though. I do have a steaming hot radiator #manhattan

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Picking up a 12-pack and a bottle of coke after work. Not sure if I want to drink beer or rum and cokes tonight. Decisions, decisions.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Looks like the forecast is settling in at 8 to 12 inches for the NYC area. Either way, looks like I'm working from home tomorrow.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Gotta love this "Glad to have a day off" thing.

I got two days off for Sandy - even thought my building was inaccessible, and I had no power at home. Had to work from my parents house.

Anyone who has anything to do with the stock market is usually screwed because they hate to close.

Last edited by a moderator:

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Picking up a 12-pack and a bottle of coke after work. Not sure if I want to drink beer or rum and cokes tonight. Decisions, decisions.

Sounds like you forgot the rum...

I really miss the excitement and anticipation of these storms now that I have relocated to the south...The clean-up, however is a different story.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Sounds like you forgot the rum...

I really miss the excitement and anticipation of these storms now that I have relocated to the south...The clean-up, however is a different story.

We still get them sometimes here North of Atlanta. Down in Savannah though, not at all. I will actually be in your neck of the woods in November for a wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad