OT: Winter Storm Warning in Effect (8-20 inches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Snow was pretty heavy here and then the blast of ice rain ravaged my land.

I'm pretty sure this is the weather down at the 9th layer where Brutus, Cassius and Iscariot are being consumed.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Well, I'm glad it's not a bad for everyone else, but good ol' Pennsyltucky still got hammered.

I've got my work cut out for me, time to bust out the whisky.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Basically drizzle on the UWS now. All in I'd say 6-8 inches.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It's interesting to see which stores are open and which closed. The Starbucks on one corner is open but the Starbucks on the other is closed. The bookstore is closed. The liquor store is of course open. Mattress Firm is closed but no one goes in there anyway.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
It's interesting to see which stores are open and which closed. The Starbucks on one corner is open but the Starbucks on the other is closed. The bookstore is closed. The liquor store is of course open. Mattress Firm is closed but no one goes in there anyway.

Changing the name from Sleepy's to Mattress Firm really did wonders for them :sarcasm:

I got to work today (49th and Park) in 10 minutes with an uber.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m certain that some have bought food rations for weeks after this announcement, lol. :)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I`m certain that some have bought food rations for weeks after this announcement, lol. :)

Which isn't a bad thing anyway. Snow emergencies aren't the only possible disasters. The chances are good nothing will ever happen, but having extra food, water and medical supplies year round is a good thing.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Which isn't a bad thing anyway. Snow emergencies aren't the only possible disasters. The chances are good nothing will ever happen, but having extra food, water and medical supplies year round is a good thing.

yeah, a good point - we don`t have such extreme weather conditions here in Norway - so we seldom need to evacuate due to nature. But it can be rough conditions high in the mountains though, and accidents happen indeed with snow (1000-3000) meters above sea level. So you need some basic knowledge about the nature especially in winter time and respect the nature, because it`s a very powerful force.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Think this is what was supposed to happen in the city but it shifted overnight? We were supposed to get, what, 12-24, but instead are getting like 5-8.

Not sure why that one dude is complaining about that :laugh: As much as I like the snow, two feet would be quite the inconvenience... and I'm already working from home anyway :dunno:

Who is complaining? I woke up this morning, read the updated (correct) weather reports and said that snowpocalypse was not going to happen in NYC and some guy told me to just wait 11-12 hours for the blizzard. That was a flat out incorrect statement and I noted that. I didn't know that liking accuracy was complaining?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
What a joke. Maybe the MTA should shut down trains when it's actually bad enough instead of doing it way in advance.

Which is another problem with the overhyping. The boy who cried wolf effect is going to take hold in City Hall and Albany and next time there's actually a monster snowstorm they're going to be late to the party. It's still a good thing they shut everything down since it's a crappy day in the city regardless but I'm going to be furious if they decide to start playing daredevil next year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Who is complaining? I woke up this morning, read the updated (correct) weather reports and said that snowpocalypse was not going to happen in NYC and some guy told me to just wait 11-12 hours for the blizzard. That was a flat out incorrect statement and I noted that. I didn't know that liking accuracy was complaining?

lmao dude I wasn't talking about you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad