OT: Winter Storm Warning in Effect (8-20 inches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Continued to increase? ABC7 is saying 6-8 inches in the city now lol. It's not even snowing near me right now, just some sleet. There's probably 4-5 inches on the ground. Busterooooney.

those totals aren't for when you wake up, thats when it stops snowing 11-12 hours from now

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
those totals aren't for when you wake up, thats when it stops snowing 11-12 hours from now

If you read any legitimate meteorologist you would understand that the storm went west from where they expected. It's not making a right hook 11-12 hours from now. Nobody in NYC or the Hudson Valley is getting anything approaching 18-20 inches, which was the supposed "minimum" amount to expect. Cuomo acknowledged that this morning and I'm watching Steve Bellone from Suffolk saying the same thing right now. Again, there will be snow on the ground but absolutely nothing close to what was predicted. Busterooney.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Been following this thread for the past day or so, I appreciate you guys having a thread for this :laugh:. Just flew in for a conference in Midtown on Tues/Weds. How's LaGuardia in terms of managing the snow? Any chance I get out of here Wednesday night? Thanks.

McPoops!!!

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Yup the storm went west! Thank god. Blizzard was cancelled. Snkw totals dropping drastically. Consider me VERY happy right now. Though the sleet has all changed back to heavy snow now for me.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Yup the storm went west! Thank god. Blizzard was cancelled. Snkw totals dropping drastically. Consider me VERY happy right now. Though the sleet has all changed back to heavy snow now for me.

You can thank Zibanejad's whiff for the giant gust of wind that pushed the storm away from NYC.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
At the dog park on the UWS. There's about four inches already with some nice sized flakes coming down. No wind though, so it's actually pleasant.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Started to sleet as the temp increased. Lots of dogs at the park, some runners (?) and a cross-country skier.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
What a let down, freezing rain mostly here in the City near the water, totals went from 12-18 to 3-6, very disappointing....

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I guess 15 minutes west of NYC qualifies as west. I've gotten well over a foot by now and it's still coming down hard.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
If you read any legitimate meteorologist you would understand that the storm went west from where they expected. It's not making a right hook 11-12 hours from now. Nobody in NYC or the Hudson Valley is getting anything approaching 18-20 inches, which was the supposed "minimum" amount to expect. Cuomo acknowledged that this morning and I'm watching Steve Bellone from Suffolk saying the same thing right now. Again, there will be snow on the ground but absolutely nothing close to what was predicted. Busterooney.
Yea my area will be close to 18 inches lol we are getting nothing but snow

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm on the Bergen/Rockland border and it's coming down hard here. Winds are insane. Flakes the size of golf balls.

Whoever wants to grandstand about the cancelled blizzard can come shovel my driveway.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT

I have a foot of snow where I live. I wouldn't exactly call this storm a bust. There's still tons of time to get the totals up to predictions.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Coming down crazy hard here in Morristown NJ. We got about an inch over the past 1/2 hour.

Same thing over here in Montville, NJ. Don't know exactly how many inches but definitely at least a foot so far, crazy snow

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm on the Bergen/Rockland border and it's coming down hard here. Winds are insane. Flakes the size of golf balls.

Whoever wants to grandstand about the cancelled blizzard can come shovel my driveway.

Think this is what was supposed to happen in the city but it shifted overnight? We were supposed to get, what, 12-24, but instead are getting like 5-8.

Not sure why that one dude is complaining about that :laugh: As much as I like the snow, two feet would be quite the inconvenience... and I'm already working from home anyway :dunno:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Think this is what was supposed to happen in the city but it shifted overnight? We were supposed to get, what, 12-24, but instead are getting like 5-8.

Not sure why that one dude is complaining about that :laugh: As much as I like the snow, two feet would be quite the inconvenience... and I'm already working from home anyway :dunno:

Damn blizzard truthers. Always looking to take the meteorologists down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad