Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
From reading this thread it is pretty obvious that Adidas has decided to subcontract out the play worn jerseys as well as other lower volume products. Most of the factories that Adidas will work with are set up for large production runs on the other side of the planet.

These jerseys will still have Adidas branding on them and be made by suppliers that specialize it small runs.

EDIT: oh yeah I used to work as technical support in spots jersey manufacturing when I was employed off shore.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Disagree.

I like it. Unique. Unlike navy blue

Depending on what shade of blue you're talking about. I'm referring to the RCAF Flyers jersey in post #29. I don't like that shade of powder blue as it looks too passive. If you're referring to the blue on the Moose 'Polar Bear' jersey in post #74, I would say that is better shade of blue.

:jets

Johnnucleo

Jan 2, 2016
Ostrava
Nope. As I mentioned if the argument is to make the HC the regular jersey then cool. Its popular for sure.

All I was saying and is the point of this thread, is that the NEW alternate will not be the HC jersey because it wouldnt make good business sense.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Would love to see something new. Yes I would probably buy it unless it was absolutely horrendous. Because I love buying merch, gotta admit.

Hell horrendous didn't stop me from buying the Winnipeg Falcons jersey.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Nope. As I mentioned if the argument is to make the HC the regular jersey then cool. Its popular for sure.

All I was saying and is the point of this thread, is that the NEW alternate will not be the HC jersey because it wouldnt make good business sense.
Okay well I think you're either purposely misunderstanding or you've completely missed the point. The Jets shouldn't use the Heritage Classic jerseys as they are, but the same style coloring and General logo.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I would like to see an alternate Jersey with a nod to the Thrashers.

We didn't like it when Phoenix adopted the Whiteout as a tribute to Winnipeg and we didn't like it when they retired Dale Hawerchuk's #10 when he never played a game as a Coyote. It might be best to leave the Thrashers memories with the fine folks of Atlanta and avoid stirring up bad feelings they might get by us wearing something that bears a resemblance to their team.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Okay well I think you're either purposely misunderstanding or you've completely missed the point. The Jets shouldn't use the Heritage Classic jerseys as they are, but the same style coloring and General logo.

White Out 403, can you clarify what you mean? Are you saying that we should take the colors of the Heritage Classic jerseys and use them on our current uniforms?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hey guys,

So I got to talk to my buddy again last night at hockey. A bit of clarification on a misunderstanding on my part. Adidas will continue to make the player worn authentic jerseys. Fanatics are making the replicas.

However, he is 100% adamant and sure this will be the game worn, legit 3rd jersey for the Jets next year: Powder blue primary color, script word logo with a jet running through the T.

He is checking at work today for non disclosure on the design but it if it doesn't say anything he is going to send me an actual render I can share here! If not he promised I can at least have a peek on his phone next weekend at hockey :)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Didn't Atlanta have a powder blue jersey ? Is this maybe a little nod to them ?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Frankly I'm tired of the pining for the old jersey and logos, the 'Jump' goal song, Curt Keilback, whatever. We have the heritage jersey, that's enough imho. Good lord let it go. This team had already gone farther than any other incarnation of the Jets. Stop living in the past.
I'm partial to the Jets 1.0 because that's what i grew up watching and when it got ripped away from us , it was very hard to deal with . So every time i see that Heritage Classic jersey it puts a smile on my face , that and they are awesome looking jerseys . :)

Reactions: Guardian17

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm partial to the Jets 1.0 because that's what i grew up watching and when it got ripped away from us , it was very hard to deal with . So every time i see that Heritage Classic jersey it puts a smile on my face , that and they are awesome looking jerseys . :)

The March 6, 2017 edition of The Hockey News magazine ranked all of the alternate jerseys across the league and it was the Winnipeg Jets Heritage Classic jerseys that topped the list. It's not only us Jets fans in Winnipeg that hold a high regard for them but also those that cover the league. Apparently the Heritage Classic jerseys continue to sell very well. I have my doubts that a powder blue jersey will generate as much interest.

Reactions: purdy44 and Jets 31

Jerts

Mar 5, 2015
Winnipeg
Would love to see something like this:

edit: Why image no work!?!

Linky: Google Image Result for http://hockeygods.com/system/gallery_images/12706/original.png?1409079056
AWWsNU

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
Just throwing it out there. A Whiteout Jersey would be interesting.

All white, no shoulder pad, only colour being the # name and crest on the front. Might be boring but would be awesome come next years playoffs.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
The March 6, 2017 edition of The Hockey News magazine ranked all of the alternate jerseys across the league and it was the Winnipeg Jets Heritage Classic jerseys that topped the list. It's not only us Jets fans in Winnipeg that hold a high regard for them but also those that cover the league. Apparently the Heritage Classic jerseys continue to sell very well. I have my doubts that a powder blue jersey will generate as much interest.

to be fair, that's because it was a shiny new toy.
that old logo is so bad it's great. like the Canucks skate logo - fix up that logo a bit and it's f'ing killer. the colours are dated, but just adjust the tones (decide if you want red or orange. don't use a reddish orange. the yellow is fine. the background should be a dark brown. bang. would sell like hotcakes and you can ditch that stupid whale logo and blue jersey)

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Hey guys,

So I got to talk to my buddy again last night at hockey. A bit of clarification on a misunderstanding on my part. Adidas will continue to make the player worn authentic jerseys. Fanatics are making the replicas.

However, he is 100% adamant and sure this will be the game worn, legit 3rd jersey for the Jets next year: Powder blue primary color, script word logo with a jet running through the T.

He is checking at work today for non disclosure on the design but it if it doesn't say anything he is going to send me an actual render I can share here! If not he promised I can at least have a peek on his phone next weekend at hockey :)

it'll have an NDA, 100%

Reactions: Jet

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The lighter blue on our current jersey is darker than "powder blue" many are syaing they don't want. It'll look awesome. Navy blue is just boring. Red pants are damn nice, though. And aif we could remove the navy blue shoulders on our white jerseys, that would be killer.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
to be fair, that's because it was a shiny new toy.
that old logo is so bad it's great. like the Canucks skate logo - fix up that logo a bit and it's f'ing killer. the colours are dated, but just adjust the tones (decide if you want red or orange. don't use a reddish orange. the yellow is fine. the background should be a dark brown. bang. would sell like hotcakes and you can ditch that stupid whale logo and blue jersey)

HannuJ, were you quoting the right post? I'm not sure how it relates to the Heritage Classic jerseys which I was originally commenting on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad