Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I would rather have the Heritage Classic jerseys.

winnipeg-jets-heritage-classic-jerseys.jpg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Much like how Bomber fans had to plead, beg, and shame the Bombers management for decades to get what they want, it appears we will have to do the same.

Instead of giving us fans what we want, they will tell us what they want. Always been a brilliant business model.
Which group of fans do you think should get to pick the uniform designs and colours? I've seen a lot of "fan designs", and many of them are atrocious.

I don't mind seeing something new. If fans like it, they'll buy the merchandise, if not they won't.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I love the light blue colour on our current jersey and was hoping for it to be a primary colour on a future jersey. Really looking forward to this (if true).

I don't mind the light blue on our current uniforms but I think my choice for a third jersey would be the Heritage Classic version.

I hope they don't go with powder blue as it's not a very aggressive looking color and I don't want to be reminded that we came oh so close to being called the Manitoba Polar Bears.

As far as using a different logo for the third jersey, if they're not going with the current logo or Heritage Classic logo, I wouldn't mind going with the wordmark that's currently on their helmets.

:jets

Reactions: Jets 31

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
No kidding. It’s like they don’t want to make money ... going heritage classic for our regular jerseys would be like getting a license to print money. Whenever I see pics of the whiteout it looks like a good 3/4 or more of the crowd is wearing heritage classic.
That's why they aren't doing it. They sold enough heritage classic jerseys time to cash in on the next look.

Reactions: Jet

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Love the Heritage Classic jerseys , should go with that . Please no powder blue , too weak of a main color . Or if they want a new one for sales , do the Heritage but a dark version .

Reactions: DowntownBooster

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
That's why they aren't doing it. They sold enough heritage classic jerseys time to cash in on the next look.

You don't see the Montreal Canadiens changing their look over and over. I'm not sure the Jets could come out with another third jersey that would look as good as the Heritage Classic version.

:jets

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
It's remarkable how bad some of these takes are and how out of touch with marketing some people can be, no offense. This is like subway coming out with a type of sandwich that literally sells better than everything else on their menu and someone at the company saying hey we need to get rid of this thing cuz it's so popular we made our money...time to move on to a new sandwich. Let's come up with something else and we'll see if it sells as well.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It's remarkable how bad some of these takes are and how out of touch with marketing some people can be, no offense. This is like subway coming out with a type of sandwich that literally sells better than everything else on their menu and someone at the company saying hey we need to get rid of this thing cuz it's so popular we made our money...time to move on to a new sandwich. Let's come up with something else and we'll see if it sells as well.

You are basing your opinion on some random guys thoughts here.. Lol .Crazy. For all we actually know... This is BS and there is no 3rd Jersey . But thanks for being the local fasion expert and telling others what they can and can't like.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
You are basing your opinion on some random guys thoughts here.. Lol .Crazy. For all we actually know... This is BS and there is no 3rd Jersey . But thanks for being the local fasion expert and telling others what they can and can't like.

I'm not telling people what they want The people have spoken..

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

I'll buy a subway sandwich more than once. I'm not going to buy the same jersey 10+ times.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A big portion of the Jets' fan base are women, including my wife and two daughters. To be honest, they weren't all that thrilled with the fighter jet theme, and still aren't. I don't think it's a bad thing to shake it up a bit, and maybe widen the appeal. I'm happy with the "Jets" tradition, but I'm not also not wedded to basic colour schemes.

(P.S. I wonder what percentage of HF Jets posters are female... I would bet it's less that the percentage of female fans attending games)

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I just want an official Jets Jersey that is primarily White with out a shoulder blade colour on them. Don’t care if they’re alternate or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: purdy44

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
(P.S. I wonder what percentage of HF Jets posters are female... I would bet it's less that the percentage of female fans attending games)

There’s me, LadyJet and SoupaTroupa that I know of.

I’m not a huuuuge fan of the military theme but that’s less to do with me being female and more to do with my personal beliefs surrounding militaries in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad