Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Agree 100% , if they made a nice , not cheap , looking white jersey for the playoffs it would get embraced by the fans here and would sell like crazy .

Already have one.
182330.jpg

Wore this all playoffs. Doesn't get much whiter and without the blue shoulders looks white when you are sitting down.

Reactions: Jets 31

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Just don't want to see a 3rd jersey that looks like those horrid knockoffs you still see people wearing even after 7 years.

I hate those, and they're so incredibly easy to spot. Way to support counterfeit sweat-shops and criminal activity folks! I'd rather they just wore a $20 official t-shirt. At least then you figure a few bucks would be going towards the team in the form of hockey-related revenue.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
They won 5 games at home.
I haven't become cynical, I've been against 2.0 adopting it from the start.

There were fans assembled at BellMTS Place wearing white to cheer on the Jets when the team was on the road. The fans dressed in white for both home and away games got to witness 9 wins.

:jets

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
"you don't see the habs changing their jersey..."
but the Leafs do it every 5 years.
so there's that.
Pretty much any Jersey designed pre-WW2 is timeless..70s logos such as The Flyers , Whalers, Islanders, Jets 1.0, Oilers are also great but alot changed in the 90’s only to go back to the original... 90s cartoon logos (L.A kings Third Burger King Logo, Islanders Fisherman Logo, Mighty Ducks Original Logo, Mighty Ducks Third Wild Wing Logo, Bruins Winnie The Poo Logo...are just brutal

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This wordmark has never really grown on me. I guess the combination of curves, points, and edges is supposed to represent the lines of aircraft, or maybe contrails. But it's just kind of confusing and meh.
I've also always thought the 't' and 's' together look like a 'w', which spells a different word.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
One of my all time gear grinders is when people resoundingly vote here and elsewhere they prefer the 90s Jets jerseys, and to hear people explain it as "pining for nostalgia". The arrogance of telling people they're wrong about what they think is aesthetically pleasing makes my wrists numb.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
One of my all time gear grinders is when people resoundingly vote here and elsewhere they prefer the 90s Jets jerseys, and to hear people explain it as "pining for nostalgia". The arrogance of telling people they're wrong about what they think is aesthetically pleasing makes my wrists numb.
i think it's more of consensus of what's asthetically pleasing.
some people may think Carrot Top's a handsome guy, but i think the majority would give it a resounding "no".
since the goal of selling merchandise is to literally mass market a product to appeal to as broad of a fanbase as possible, we cross from subjective feelings to objective opinions about asthetics.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
i think it's more of consensus of what's asthetically pleasing.
some people may think Carrot Top's a handsome guy, but i think the majority would give it a resounding "no".
since the goal of selling merchandise is to literally mass market a product to appeal to as broad of a fanbase as possible, we cross from subjective feelings to objective opinions about asthetics.

I dunno have you seen carrot top lately? he's mad jacked.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I've also always thought the 't' and 's' together look like a 'w', which spells a different word.

[mod]
As far as the motivation for a third jersey I'm not sure it's all profit. Jersey revenues are split 31 ways save for the local retail markup if the sale is at Jets Gear. Is there really that much money for the Jets to make?

Legit question: how many of these jerseys might they sell? Let's go crazy and say 50,000. Net revenue per jersey would be around $100 USD? That comes out to $161,000 per team by my quick arithmetic. It's a lot to you and I but to True North it's a drop in a bucket.

m.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Mad jacked? I don't understand.
I'm thinking he means muscular which Carrot top is but steroids are dangerous . :laugh: Plus he really has to stop with all the plastic surgery , his face looks like a burnt out clutch , just horrible , he can barely smile now . :laugh:

Reactions: Afterburner

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Have never been a fan of the Jets wordmark alternate logo and I think nobody ever was :laugh: But even after seeing the "w" I think it's quite a bit far fetched and I can barely see it :laugh:

Reactions: Mathil8

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Have never been a fan of the Jets wordmark alternate logo and I think nobody ever was :laugh: But even after seeing the "w" I think it's quite a bit far fetched and I can barely see it :laugh:

Although the idea to use the Jets wordmark alternate logo as the main logo on a thrid jersey doesn't seem too popular with some, I would say it does look a little better than the logo used in the WHA inaugural season of 1972-73.

winnipeg-logo.gif
winnipeg-jets-text_color_3.jpg

:jets

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sooooo.... Without any further details or mockups, can we say this thread is dead now?
Why is it dead?

I didn't skate last night (due to coming back from a cruise and still feeling like I was at sea :) )

I'll see my buddy on Sunday and he's going to show me a pic. I can give more detail then. Of course if you don't believe me or aren't interested you can just stop coming into this thread. I have no doubt this guy is legit and telling the truth, though.

Reactions: HannuJ

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why is it dead?

I didn't skate last night (due to coming back from a cruise and still feeling like I was at sea :) )

I'll see my buddy on Sunday and he's going to show me a pic. I can give more detail then. Of course if you don't believe me or aren't interested you can just stop coming into this thread. I have no doubt this guy is legit and telling the truth, though.

Do you know when NHL teams tend to unveil these types of things? I was thinking the draft would be a decent time but we don't have a first round pick as of now so might be anticlimactic to unveil it on the second day of the draft with a 2nd round pick when next to no one is watching.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Do you know when NHL teams tend to unveil these types of things? I was thinking the draft would be a decent time but we don't have a first round pick as of now so might be anticlimactic to unveil it on the second day of the draft with a 2nd round pick when next to no one is watching.
That's a good question. The NHL's usual MO is not to upstage anything with another announcement (common sense) so they will probably wait till closer to TC I think. I think they want SCF, Draft, and FA to have their own spotlights. Just a hunch - I'll ask my buddy if he knows when it will be announced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad