Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Honestly i dont think we need many pics in this draft. Team plus those already in the wings is pretty set. Now the team obviously needs some grit but thats not coming from this draft. Me i draft a D man first round and best available later lol. Much later… im looking very hard at the euro draft and getting another guy there but im damn well doing my homework on those picks!!
I agree with you regarding pretty much everything you wrote,especially if I get a gritty dman with that 1st round pick,if not the forward I would target would be RW Shamar Moses-6'3-215 huge,talented and gritty rated anywhere from 18th to 30th depending where you look,and with Windsor picking 20th this year,Moses falls in that range,last year they picked 22nd in the 1st and got Christoforo.
No doubt with the shortage of picks they need to hit on the Euro draft and the U18 draft moreso, I would be happy to get a 4th round pick for this draft in a trade,otherwise dont see it happening for picks above a 4th.
Lack of picks means also more attractive to pickup 17 and 18 year old free agents
and there a couple I would approach, also might be able to convince American kids when drafting in the 6th with 2 selections,they have a real chance to make it with the absence of 16 year olds to compete with.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Nobody is giving up a second round pick for a couple of 4ths or 5ths down the road. Volume does not trump skill.

Im not disagreeing at all; if Bowler can get anything better than a 4th or 5th, I'd be floored. Heck, if he can get ANYTHING, I'll be impressed.
Anyone have a link to a reliable list of team draft picks? I cant believe the cupboard is that bare...

I use the Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database. It's the most reliable and updated one that I know of.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Couple D prospects inside the top 20 are USA U17S. Hope BB is careful not to select a player who won't report especially with our draft cupboard bare. Extra pick next year won't help much unless that's the plan all along.

Reactions: windsor7

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
You seen how Mikey was handled by the Canucks. No doubt in my mind it was because of his height. JC ranked by some sources so wouldn't be surprised if a team takes a chance on him height aside. Goalies at this age are impossible to forecast their plateau at this age.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
You seen how Mikey was handled by the Canucks. No doubt in my mind it was because of his height. JC ranked by some sources so wouldn't be surprised if a team takes a chance on him height aside. Goalies at this age are impossible to forecast their plateau at this age.
Hopefully Costanzo gets invited to an NHL training camp if he isn't selected, which he should in my view,show well on an invite and get signed to a contract like Anson Thornton for Barrie a couple years ago,and Lalonde for Erie did this past year for Columbus.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Hopefully the team has defense...
He’s probably the third stringer for that roster. Don’t even know if he’ll see games.

Bjarnasen is a highly regaded goalie for this years draft, might even be the first goalie taken In the upcoming NHL draft.

D’aigle is one of the most highly regarded goalie prospects Canada has seen, possibly ever. He’s on a similar level of goalie prospect as Roberto Luongo, Carey Price and Marc-Andre Fleury before him. He is REALLY talented.

Amd that leaves Costanzo, who was the best of the options HC had left. Great for him personally but it’s a circumstantial selection for sure.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
He’s probably the third stringer for that roster. Don’t even know if he’ll see games.

Bjarnasen is a highly regaded goalie for this years draft, might even be the first goalie taken In the upcoming NHL draft.

D’aigle is one of the most highly regarded goalie prospects Canada has seen, possibly ever. He’s on a similar level of goalie prospect as Roberto Luongo, Carey Price and Marc-Andre Fleury before him. He is REALLY talented.

Amd that leaves Costanzo, who was the best of the options HC had left. Great for him personally but it’s a circumstantial selection for sure.
Interesting

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Don't disagree with this but just getting to practice with them and scouts everywhere will draw some interest in he stays sharp.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Guelph has three 2nd's this year for the draft on Saturday. Why not trade a 2027 2nd to Guelph for one of their 3 2nd's in this week's draft? Hopefully Bowler adds a 2nd or 3rd by the weekend.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Guelph has three 2nd's this year. But none next year. Why not trade a 2027 2nd to Guelph for one of their 3 2nd's in this week's draft? Hopefully Bowler adds a 2nd or 3rd by the weekend.
You can only trade from 4 drafts so 2027 draft with a full slate cant be moved till after the draft.

Reactions: Cherrydon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad