Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Not sure why you always bring up the past that being said dealing 1st with Costanzo and compare to what I said about M0 because of his average of 4.44 for the season,the team would have to average 5 goals per game to win while he tended goal,they averaged 4.70 per game btw for the season, whereas Costanzo averaged 3.03 per game so only needed 4 per game to win big difference,so no Wiindsor won most nights when MO played this season inspite of him not because of him.
Perhaps as you seem to have answers for everything explain to me why if Windsor's D was so bad how could 1 guy be 3.03 for the season plus 900 save per centage compared to the vet with near 4.50 average and under 870 save percentage.
As for Dickinson and Christoforo, thanks for pointing out the London D as a cover and compliment for him,compared to Christoforo and the D he partnered up on,Dickinson on a better D corps then Windsor 's and also where Christoforo was picked compared to Dickinson you made my argument for this season credible ,I never said anything regarding the future only this past season.
London paid 7 picks,3 2nds,3,3rds and 1 other pick I forget,Windsor only 1 their selection lol.
As for betting on the future regarding these 2 I will pass
I wish both of them well and they are 2 of the most promising of their age group at that position .
In the playoffs when it really matters though, Constanzo’s numbers were 4.96 and .860 vs Onuska’s 3.45 and .886 so they would have needed at least 5 goals a game to win with Constanzo in net. Unfortunately the Spits offense could only produce 1.75 goals a game. Or 15th in the league. London’s offense is currently producing 6.50 GF a game vs the Rangers D but we can omit that because as I know you’ve stated multiple times you only care about the Spitfires.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Dickinson is considered by some to be the best D prospect to enter the league since Ekblad. His cost reflects that.
But ‘Dickinson will have the biggest imprint on of any player acquired in trade and it won’t even be close’; Idk. Lardis and Martone have made a good impression so far. Martone and VanVolsen have the best chance of leading their new team to an OHL title imo as the Missasauga 2006 born class is outstanding.

Was comparing Windsor players to Londons.
Would be cool to see Missy make the finals

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
What did rangers coach say to get fined? If i were to guess prolly a rip on referees…

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
In the playoffs when it really matters though, Constanzo’s numbers were 4.96 and .860 vs Onuska’s 3.45 and .886 so they would have needed at least 5 goals a game to win with Constanzo in net.

Except anyone who's watched the Spitfires this season knows that Costanzo is going to be fine. In his case, the regular season was "when it really mattered"; we saw the larger body of work. Two games does not change his previous 40.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Except anyone who's watched the Spitfires this season knows that Costanzo is going to be fine. In his case, the regular season was "when it really mattered"; we saw the larger body of work. Two games does not change his previous 40.
Better defensive effect would help...

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
7 goals for in the entire series sums up the issues. NO TEAM WINS a series let alone a game in this league under 2 goals for. The team lost firstly by not scoring. How much that is poor coaching, lack of effort by players or lack of adaptability to Kitchener is debatable Sure you can argue 1 or 2 players were off but collectively we,were out muscled and out coached the entire series. 1 PP goal for and 3 Shorties. That is not on JC OR Onuska.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Ive been asked numerous times as to why i think BB is at fault. Ive explained in detail to those asking and having different opinions. Not one has replied with a counter argument….guess that means ive made everyone believers lol.
I didn't see this post until now. Unfortunately we both know that's not the case. Still some BB sycophants out there. Talk about the 06 draft but totally ignore the 05 draft. Talk about Maillet and Christopolous but ignore Johnston. Make a cop out excuse for the import draft failures. It's not hard to see why people give Bowler the benefit of the doubt but he gets showered with rose petals last year and not a peep this year. The echo chamber is strong with Bowler.

Reactions: rve24

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
OHL’s trade window is back open starting today until Thursday. TEAMS can trade draft picks ahead of Friday’s #2023 OHL DRAFT.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I certainly am not an insider but I’d be very surprised if the Spitfires don’t make a couple of trades in an attempt to increase the # of picks in their cupboard.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I certainly am not an insider but I’d be very surprised if the Spitfires don’t make a couple of trades in an attempt to increase the # of picks in their cupboard.

They have two 4ths and a 5th between now and 2027. Without dealing players, it'll be a tough sled to get anything better than a 4th or 5th this draft.

Oct 3, 2019
I didn't see this post until now. Unfortunately we both know that's not the case. Still some BB sycophants out there. Talk about the 06 draft but totally ignore the 05 draft. Talk about Maillet and Christopolous but ignore Johnston. Make a cop out excuse for the import draft failures. It's not hard to see why people give Bowler the benefit of the doubt but he gets showered with rose petals last year and not a peep this year. The echo chamber is strong with Bowler.
Most of last years team were Rychel’s picks.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
They have two 4ths and a 5th between now and 2027. Without dealing players, it'll be a tough sled to get anything better than a 4th or 5th this draft.
Anyone have a link to a reliable list of team draft picks? I cant believe the cupboard is that bare...

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Honestly i dont think we need many pics in this draft. Team plus those already in the wings is pretty set. Now the team obviously needs some grit but thats not coming from this draft. Me i draft a D man first round and best available later lol. Much later… im looking very hard at the euro draft and getting another guy there but im damn well doing my homework on those picks!!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If you agree with Teflon 's post,and I am sure you noticed that he felt an asterisk should be put on last season and their accomplishments,would that not include the 05 drafted players,too seeing as those players drafted did not play a season because of covid, so only had to judge them when they were 14 not 15,its a fair question curious to hear your answer.
As well what about the trade for Costanzo an 05 goalie for a 4th round pick to Niagara,and all he did was to be the 5th best goalie in the league average and save per centage, and youngest 1 too in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad