GDT: Wild @ Flames, Old Folks Version. 7:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We're now 1/4 through the season. Don't like the way this is starting to look. Only reason we're even remotely close is because of the loser points.

We have 9 points in our last 8 games if we keep that pace up we get 52 points at the end of the season it is the same pace as 92 point season I don't see why we should be worried.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Can't say enough good things about Feaster's summer acquisitions! Wideman and Hudler look fantastic game in - game out! Brodie is solidifying himself as a legit top-4 D!

Trying to be positive.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Meh, that was clear Veterans abusing a young goalie in that shootout. That's another game we really should have won. However, points are precious this season, I'm not very disappointed.

Quick hitter. I don't like this Flames lineup at all to be perfectly honest.
This team went from one of the deepest three lines in the NHL, to one of the most fringe NHL lineups in the league.
Cammy will help when he gets back, but Sven and Backlund are huge hits on this team. It really sucks.

If a by the Kings game, this ship hasn't been quite righted... I think it's finally time we start pulling it apart.

Best Flames tonight:
Irving, Wideman/Brodie & The Czechs (5 I guess =o))

Worst three Flames tonight:
Jarome, Stajan & Comeau

Currently, I don't see how Blake scored so many goals just two years ago, his hands look like they've been frozen in carbonite.

Stajan?? He was great tonight.. A hound on the puck and had a great blocked shot on the first period.

I can see why you would dislike the guy, but c'mon, give credit where it's due. He's been great this year.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
We have 9 points in our last 8 games if we keep that pace up we get 52 points at the end of the season it is the same pace as 92 point season I don't see why we should be worried.

Haha great name change :laugh:

but yea, these overtime losses are gona bite us in the ass. I really hope Cammy is back for wednesday and hopefully he finds his game.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Can't say enough good things about Feaster's summer acquisitions! Wideman and Hudler look fantastic game in - game out! Brodie is solidifying himself as a legit top-4 D!

Trying to be positive.

There's reason to stay positive, but have to start flat out winning when you outperform someone.
That's what? 5-8 points we've given away this year, when completely outplaying an opponent.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Stajan?? He wa great tonight.. A hound on the puck and had a great blocked shot on the first period.

He's like Tanguay Jr out there. It's like he's afraid of the puck. I counted 4 times entering the zone with either a sloppy pass or forced pass for the counter.

I notice these things, because he's a waste of Cap and I don't like him lol.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
He's like Tanguay Jr out there. It's like he's afraid of the puck. I counted 4 times entering the zone with either a sloppy pass or forced pass for the counter.

I notice these things, because he's a waste of Cap and I don't like him lol.

His good this season has by far outweighed his bad.. I think you need to take the hater goggles off for a game or two and notice the good things he does

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
His good this season has by far outweighed his bad.. I think you need to take the hater goggles off for a game or two and notice the good things he does

Winning a few faceoffs, playing some defense and playing the penalty kill, for 3.5 million. I see it pretty clear. 5 points in 10 games; give me a Stajan moment where it was him clearly that sets the play up for the two Czechs to score.

I'll be waiting.

What he does, is what you pay players like Begin for.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Don't bother arguing with Miokid about Stajan, he could be a ppg and yet be a waste of cap space.

The team in general played good just couldn't bury their chanes.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Winning a few faceoffs, playing some defense and playing the penalty kill, for 3.5 million. I see it pretty clear. 5 points in 10 games; give me a Stajan moment where it was him clearly that sets the play up for the two Czechs to score.

I'll be waiting.

What he does, is what you pay players like Begin for.

3 games ago when he had 2 assists in 1 game he past out from behind the net to Hudler who scored, or the same game where he passed across the ice to Cervenka creating a 2-1 that lead to a goal.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Cervenka played a huge chunk of the game at center. Looks like Hartley feels hes ready to make that transition. I would like a line-up like:

Hudler-Cervenka-Iginla
Tanguay-Stajan-Cammalleri
Glencross-Street-Stempniak

Thats not a bad top 9 for an injury riddled team like us. This is of course assuming Cammy is good to go for wednesday. I didn't really like him RW last time but we simply have too many left wings.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I'll repeat something that Mike Babcock said when the Flames played the Wings: "We had lots of play around their net, but not at their net if that makes any sense."

It could have been me being zoned out, which does happen, while watching but there weren't very many quality rebounds given. Just lots of one timers and slappers that missed the net. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Cervenka played a huge chunk of the game at center. Looks like Hartley feels hes ready to make that transition. I would like a line-up like:

Hudler-Cervenka-Iginla
Tanguay-Stajan-Cammalleri
Glencross-Street-Stempniak

Thats not a bad top 9 for an injury riddled team like us. This is of course assuming Cammy is good to go for wednesday. I didn't really like him RW last time but we simply have too many left wings.

Problem is he only took 6 faceoffs and only won 2, I would rather try

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Hudler - Cervenka - Cammy (cammy can also play center if needed)
Glencross - Street - Stempniak

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Don't bother arguing with Miokid about Stajan, he could be a ppg and yet be a waste of cap space.

The team in general played good just couldn't bury their chanes.

LoL, I'm not that close minded my "All is good in Calgary, everything Calgary does is good" friend.
If Stajan was a PPG player I'd be wearing a number 18 jersey. I'd be happy:
Calgary gave away a top tier Dman, that could have returned probably Giroux at the time; for: A waiver sale, a UFA, a trade for the geat Babs and a fringe NHL third liner That was resigned to 1st/2nd line money.
He's a constant reminder of how much of a Mickey Mouse organization Calgary's been the past decade. I think it contributes to the fact why I dislike him LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad