GDT: Wild @ Flames, Old Folks Version. 7:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
To be honest, all I wanted out of this game after that Vancouver game is for Irving to show that he could have amnesia between games. I think he did that last night and that in my mind is the sign of a goalie ready to play in the NHL.

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
Those were some sick moves by Parise in the shootout last night so I wouldn't blame Irving for that one

He did bite way to early on the Koivu move though but his reaction to the Koivu shootout goal spoke volumes to how much he wanted it and how much of a competitor he is which is nice to see

Another solid game by Irving
Now back to Abbosrtford for you where you will be sitting in the press box as the teams #3 goalie... :sarcasm:

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I think Leland is making a strong case that he will be the goalie that takes over after kipper. He's certainly impressed me.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I think Leland is making a strong case that he will be the goalie that takes over after kipper. He's certainly impressed me.

I wouldn't mind seeing it now to be honest, I'm not sure kipper can play in this low shot system of Hartleys, and those weak goals against are absolutely killing us. I would love to see them run Irving, give JM the second half of B2B's and move kipper iggy and Cammo immediately for picks and prospects, and this rebuild could be over in a year. We have a solid young core, one draft could throw us over the fringe if we do it right I think. And the 3 pieces that bring us the most return are IMO our least valuable players this season, seems like the right time to act to me, I'm not in favor of the Oilers style rebuild, but dropping a short season to get us back as a contender just makes sense to me.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
LoL, I'm not that close minded my "All is good in Calgary, everything Calgary does is good" friend.
If Stajan was a PPG player I'd be wearing a number 18 jersey. I'd be happy:
Calgary gave away a top tier Dman, that could have returned probably Giroux at the time; for: A waiver sale, a UFA, a trade for the geat Babs and a fringe NHL third liner That was resigned to 1st/2nd line money.
He's a constant reminder of how much of a Mickey Mouse organization Calgary's been the past decade. I think it contributes to the fact why I dislike him LOL.

So you don't like Stajan because your in love with Dion:shakehead. That clears up alot of confusion for us thanks.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Kipper in his games has been only marginally better than Irving thus far. We need a bigger sample size from Irving but, I am getting more comfortable with the idea of Irving as our starting goalie.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Kipper in his games has been only marginally better than Irving thus far. We need a bigger sample size from Irving but, I am getting more comfortable with the idea of Irving as our starting goalie.

In most of Kippers games by my opinion of them Kipper has been exponentially worse this year. Had we gone with Irving as our starter from the get go I would bet our record would be at least a little bit if not a lot better.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
@Miokid Feaster just singled out Stajan on his good play this year, looks to me like he does have a spot on our team in the future eh

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
@Miokid Feaster just singled out Stajan on his good play this year, looks to me like he does have a spot on our team in the future eh

He's got a year left on his contract and we're not too tight with the cap so I can see us keeping him and then re-signing him at a lower contract, something like we did with Sarich

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
In most of Kippers games by my opinion of them Kipper has been exponentially worse this year. Had we gone with Irving as our starter from the get go I would bet our record would be at least a little bit if not a lot better.

In some of the games certainly. Neither of them have been stellar, but both have been "ok".

Flames need to do more than score 2 goals in two ******* games, and give Irving a chance to get some wins.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Impossible we traded Dion for him he must suck :laugh:

I understand why people hate him but it has gotten ridiculous that people complain about him this year when he is doing everything right.

I mean people freaked out at losing Jokinen and he has 4 points in 11 games and a faceoff % of 49, but somehow Stajan is the overpaid useless one with 5 points in 10 games a faceoff % of 51 and the best +- of all forwards at +3. He also leads all forwards in pk time and has no pp time.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I just listened to Feaster's press conference and he just regarded Matt Stajan as our best player so far this season. I don't agree with this exactly as I think that Hudler has been much better, but this goes to show that he's been playing good and management is happy with him

Xelstyle

Jan 23, 2011
Chair and a Desk
I just listened to Feaster's press conference and he just regarded Matt Stajan as our best player so far this season. I don't agree with this exactly as I think that Hudler has been much better, but this goes to show that he's been playing good and management is happy with him

He certainly does have an argument with Stajan having contributed with assists, faceoffs and defensive coverage.

Only need him to actually pot some in for himself.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I would agree that Hudler has been our best player but Stajan has been great.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I would say Tangs is right up there as well.

He's been great. Having played under Hartley in Colorado definitely helps, as they won a cup together. Should we happen to rebuild I hope we keep him, and considering he's underacheived the last two times he was traded, his value to other teams might not be as high as we value him.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would safely put Wideman, Bouw, and Brodie in the top 7

Yes I agree those 7 have carried this team so far, Glencross, Iggy, Gio have been acceptable I wouldn't say bad but for the first time I can remember this team doesn't need Iginla to score every night to win. Personally if we get to the deadline and Hudler, Cervenka, Irving keep this up I think we move Kipper and Iggy get some prospects and let Hudler and Cervenka become the new top players.

But then again I am the same guy that wanted to move Kipper in the off season for Kadri so I may just want to move Kipper :laugh:

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Yes I agree those 7 have carried this team so far, Glencross, Iggy, Gio have been acceptable I wouldn't say bad but for the first time I can remember this team doesn't need Iginla to score every night to win. Personally if we get to the deadline and Hudler, Cervenka, Irving keep this up I think we move Kipper and Iggy get some prospects and let Hudler and Cervenka become the new top players.

But then again I am the same guy that wanted to move Kipper in the off season for Kadri so I may just want to move Kipper :laugh:

We don't? :laugh:

Iginla's not scoring and guess what, we're not winning. We sit tied for last in the conference. What has changed exactly?

While I appreciate the optimism, I'm just trying to figure this out for myself.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We don't? :laugh:

Iginla's not scoring and guess what, we're not winning. We sit tied for last in the conference. What has changed exactly?

While I appreciate the optimism, I'm just trying to figure this out for myself.

Please if Kipper doesn't play like I was the goaltender for the first 5 games we win atleast 2 more games and we would have a record of 5-2-3 having us in 8th and 2 points back of 5th with 2 games in hand. We don't need Iginla to score to win we just needed competent goal tending.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Please if Kipper doesn't play like I was the goaltender for the first 5 games we win atleast 2 more games and we would have a record of 5-2-3 having us in 8th and 2 points back of 5th with 2 games in hand. We don't need Iginla to score to win we just needed competent goal tending.

It goes either way. If Iginla had more than an embarrassing 1 goal in 10 games, we'd be in way better shape. If he had 5 goals in 10 games, we would have probably 2 more W's this season.

The fact we are not getting the goal-scoring from him (our franchise player and captain) or the goaltending, is why we are in this disastrous mess.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It goes either way. If Iginla had more than an embarrassing 1 goal in 10 games, we'd be in way better shape. If he had 5 goals in 10 games, we would have probably 2 more W's this season.

The fact we are not getting the goal-scoring from him (our franchise player and captain) or the goaltending, is why we are in this disastrous mess.

While true he has set up several big goals, and has been the main reason for more goals where he didn't get credit for it. Again with average goaltending no one cares Iggy only has 1 goal.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
While true he has set up several big goals, and has been the main reason for more goals where he didn't get credit for it. Again with average goaltending no one cares Iggy only has 1 goal.

I give him credit for setting up Brodziak's goal last night. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad