GDT: Wild @ Flames, Old Folks Version. 7:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
:wild (5-5-1) are visiting the Dome to play the :flames (3-4-2)

I can't believe it's not Butter!
DGz_Image_Organization_Project-p-28.jpg

The music of the seniors

When? 7:00PM
Where? Sportsnet West and The Fan 960
Live Streams: www.atdhe.eu

The projected lines for your Calgary Flames

Glencross1_zpsbb1b008b.jpg
Tangs1_zps91f91fc6.jpg
Iggy1_zps5ab6fafb.jpg

Curtis Grancross - Alex Tang-what? - Jarome Iginpa
cervenka1_zpsc72c73a9.jpg
Stajan1_zpscd3ee7c1.jpg
Hudler1_zpse8aac774.jpg

Roman Cervenpa - Matt Stajan Sr. - Grampi Hudler
Street1_zps5ce20366.jpg
Jones1_zps20f51829.jpg
Snipeniak1_zpsb6fec9a4.jpg

Gramps Street - Grandma Jones - Whirling Pensioner
Jackman1_zpscd078638.jpg
Begin1_zps3688e164.jpg
Comeau1_zps4e92ff4f.jpg

Tim Oldman - Steve Fin - Blake Comeau-my-hip

Giordano1_zps44622c19.jpg
Bouw1_zpsd6fb7bad.jpg

Mark Papiano - Jay Pa-meester
BroBrodie1_zpsd45dba85.jpg
Wideman1_zps3ec32563.jpg

TJ Brodenture - Granpa Dennis
Smith1_zps4a68d909.jpg
Butler1_zps00d0e6b8.jpg

Grampy Smithy - Chris "I forgot how to play defense in my old age" Butler

Irving1_zps93e6e655.jpg

Leland Napping

Flames Season Leaders
Lee Snipeniak leads the team in goals with five
Alex Tanguay and Cammy lead the team in assists with five each this season
Alex Tanguay leads the team in points with nine (4G, 5A)

Injured or on Leave
Sven Baertschi (Hip Flexor)
Miikka Kiprusoff (Lower Body)
Mike Camallerri (Hip Flexor)
Flames fans (Disappointed Irving doesn't get a fair chance)

Scratches
Tim Jackman
Cory Sarich
St. Lord Anton of Antonlandiaton

The projected lineup for the Minnesota Wild (Via Puhis)

Zach Parise - Mikko Koivu - Charlie Coyle
Dany Heatley - Mikael Granlund - Devin Setoguchi
Kyle Brodziak - Matt Cullen - Cal Clutterbuck
Mike Rupp - Zenon Konopka - Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Ryan Suter - Jonas Brodin
Clayton Stoner - Tom Gilbert
Justin Falk - Nate Prosser

Niklas Backstrom

Players to watch (courtesy of the Flames website):

Zach Parise
Though he’s got just one point – a goal – in his last six games, Parise has the ability to be a game-breaker each and every time he steps on the ice. The five-time 30-goal scorer currently leads Minnesota in goals (6) and points (10) after signing a 13-year, $98 million contract last July.

Dany Heatley
With his lowest goal output since the 2002-03 season (a year in which he played just 31 games), Heatley is seemingly finding the back of the net with more regularity this season. The Calgary product has four goals on 24 shots through Minnesota’s 11 games so far this season.

Mikael Granlund
In his first year of North American hockey, Granlund hasn’t had the immediate impact some predicted he would as an NHL rookie. With one goal and three points through his first 10 games, the Wild will need the brother of Flames’ prospect Markus Granlund to pick up his game to help ignite Minnesota’s offense from the second line.

Goaltenders Matchup:
Leland Irving (This Season: 1-1-0, 3.40 GAA, .879 SV%)
Niklas Backstrom (This Season: 4-4-1, 2.53 GAA, .909 SV%)

More Information Before The Game Today:
Flames won the season series last season 4-2
The Flames have the edge on the PP (25% v 17%)
The Wild have an edge on the PK (85% to 71%)

And finally...

GO :flames GO

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Whirling Pensioner is seriously the best name I have ever heard.

Go Flames. Just get a win please.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Great GDT. Bravo.

Hey when does that top 6 CENTER from the KHL get here?

The HNIC broadcast crew picked up on this on Saturday - the center position entails a lot of responsibilities, especially with regards to communication. Since can barely speak English at this point and still needs Hudler to translate everything for him, the coaching staff don't want to rush him into a position to fail. Once he picks up an adequate amount of the language and the on-ice cues, he'll probably being given a look at centre.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Wild fan coming in peace.

Tonight's provisional lines (in case anyone is interested):

Niklas Bäckström
Josh Harding

Scratches: Torrey Mitchell (LW, healthy), Marco Scandella (D, healthy)

IR: Jared Spurgeon (lower body)

Good luck! Both teams are struggling lately, so this'll be another "measuring stick" game, I think.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Great GDT. Bravo.

The HNIC broadcast crew picked up on this on Saturday - the center position entails a lot of responsibilities, especially with regards to communication. Since can barely speak English at this point and still needs Hudler to translate everything for him, the coaching staff don't want to rush him into a position to fail. Once he picks up an adequate amount of the language and the on-ice cues, he'll probably being given a look at centre.
Yeah I heard that but I usually turn the volume off for CBC because they are the worst broadcasters ever. PVR allows me to sync with Peter Mahar.

Anyway, send down Street and bring up Scorak. Put him in a line with the rest of the countrymen.

He's playing center on the PP, so I cannot see why not.

GlenX - Tangs - Iggy
Horak - Cervanka - Hudler
Comeau - Stagan - Stemps
Begin - Jones - Jackman

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Wild fan coming in peace.

Tonight's provisional lines (in case anyone is interested):

Niklas Bäckström
Josh Harding

Scratches: Torrey Mitchell (LW, healthy), Marco Scandella (D, healthy)

IR: Jared Spurgeon (lower body)

Good luck! Both teams are struggling lately, so this'll be another "measuring stick" game, I think.

Wanna trade top 6 centers?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah I heard that but I usually turn the volume off for CBC because they are the worst broadcasters ever. PVR allows me to sync with Peter Mahar.

Anyway, send down Street and bring up Scorak. Put him in a line with the rest of the countrymen.

He's playing center on the PP, so I cannot see why not.

GlenX - Tangs - Iggy
Horak - Cervanka - Hudler
Comeau - Stagan - Stemps
Begin - Jones - Jackman

Because you don't have to worry about backchecking or playing defense on the pp? How is it hard to understand he cannot talk to his linemates about who to check in their end it would be a cluster ****.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Because you don't have to worry about backchecking or playing defense on the pp? How is it hard to understand he cannot talk to his linemates about who to check in their end it would be a cluster ****.

Are u saying Jay Feaster lied to us saying he secured a top 6 Centerman? And we went out and got another winger, hoping our other 2 wingers can play in the center position? Does Stagan speak their language, or does he just talk to Hudler?

I mean CBC must have talked to Hartley about his decision not to play him at center and clearly answered the language barrier was the issue.

??????

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Are u saying Jay Feaster lied to us saying he secured a top 6 Centerman? And we went out and got another winger, hoping our other 2 wingers can play in the center position? Does Stagan speak their language, or does he just talk to Hudler?

I mean CBC must have talked to Hartley about his decision not to play him at center and clearly answered the language barrier was the issue.

??????

No Cervenka is a natural center but because of the lockout he couldn't come over a month before hockey started and learn English, he struggles talking to anyone other than Hudler on this team right now. He has had defensive lapses before why add to his weakness when he can't communicate with his linemates about who to check and so on.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I find it hard to think that Irving will be playing with a lot of confidence tonight given that the organization basically said "we have no confidence in you as a back up goalie" today.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No Cervenka is a natural center but because of the lockout he couldn't come over a month before hockey started and learn English, he struggles talking to anyone other than Hudler on this team right now. He has had defensive lapses before why add to his weakness when he can't communicate with his linemates about who to check and so on.
in addition.

Hartley stated Cervenka would be playing RW for the time being because the system he played as a center in Russia wasn't remotely close to the one they were playing in Calgary.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I find it hard to think that Irving will be playing with a lot of confidence tonight given that the organization basically said "we have no confidence in you as a back up goalie" today.
Unless of course he was pulled aside and told "Kiprusoff is going to be out another week or so so we picked MacDonald up to give you a veteran backup"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad