GDT: Wild @ Flames, Old Folks Version. 7:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
While true he has set up several big goals, and has been the main reason for more goals where he didn't get credit for it. Again with average goaltending no one cares Iggy only has 1 goal.

If by several you mean one to Tanguay in OT, then yes you are right.

Bottom line is, these typical Iginla slow starts are killing this team. Twice as much in this shortened season. We would normally now be going into November, so is Iggy going to show up now? Get his usual stat-padding hattrick and couple multi goal games? Great Iggy thanks for finally deciding to show up. :shakehead

Pretty sure we've been getting average goaltending. What we are NOT getting is the usual Kipper standing on his head stealing games. I'm sick of this team relying on Kipper to play out of his mind to win hockey games. It's not working anymore. We need to stop relying on Iggy and Kipper and trade them off for assets IMHO.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If by several you mean one to Tanguay in OT, then yes you are right.

Bottom line is, these typical Iginla slow starts are killing this team. Twice as much in this shortened season. We would normally now be going into November, so is Iggy going to show up now? Get his usual stat-padding hattrick and couple multi goal games? Great Iggy thanks for finally deciding to show up. :shakehead

Pretty sure we've been getting average goaltending. What we are NOT getting is the usual Kipper standing on his head stealing games. I'm sick of this team relying on Kipper to play out of his mind to win hockey games. It's not working anymore. We need to stop relying on Iggy and Kipper and trade them off for assets IMHO.

How about the widemen goal that went off of Seabrook because he was battling with Iginla in the crease, Iginla doesn't get credit but the goal was 100% because of him. People just overlook his game if he doesn't score, also if you think Kipper was average goaltending to start the year then Steve Mason has been an average goalie the last couple of seasons :shakehead

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
How about the widemen goal that went off of Seabrook because he was battling with Iginla in the crease, Iginla doesn't get credit but the goal was 100% because of him. People just overlook his game if he doesn't score, also if you think Kipper was average goaltending to start the year then Steve Mason has been an average goalie the last couple of seasons :shakehead

What do you classify Kipper as then, if not average?

The thing is, I keep hearing that Iginla is playing really well and not to worry and that the goals will come... well, I keep hearing that about other players too. For the last few years that's ALL I've heard about Matt Stajan. So great, I guess we'll just draft ourselves a team of Matt Stajans and call it a day because as long as they "keep putting in good efforts" then eventually we'll get things going again.

At some point, Iginla needs to pull his socks up and score some goals. Same with Cammalleri (though I know he is injured, but before that even). We can't keep giving him byes because he "tries hard".

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

The thing is, I keep hearing that Iginla is playing really well and not to worry and that the goals will come... well, I keep hearing that about other players too. For the last few years that's ALL I've heard about Matt Stajan. So great, I guess we'll just draft ourselves a team of Matt Stajans and call it a day because as long as they "keep putting in good efforts" then eventually we'll get things going again.

At some point, Iginla needs to pull his socks up and score some goals. Same with Cammalleri (though I know he is injured, but before that even). We can't keep giving him byes because he "tries hard".

On average this year between terrible and pathetic.

I agree Iginla can't just putting in good efforts but he has 6 points in 10 games and for the most part has played well defensively, as I said in the Iginla thread most expect him to be a ppg but he is no longer that player he is more of a .8ppg type player so I have little to complain about from him.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

You're absolutely right. I know that Iggy is doing a lot of intangibles for the team and thats great, but he and Cammy are both counted on to score. Yes, I know Iggy's 35 and he's starting to decline but when this team was built going into the season its obvious that these two players are the ones that we're expected to score the goals. It was managements decision to stay competitive and rely on these two players to provide the bulk of the scoring. They obviously brought in many other talented players to score and they've done great but our main players Iggy and Cammy are the go to guys when we need goals, which is why we see them rolling in every situation. We can defend these guys all we want but they don't get 7M and 6M respectively to provide the team with good "chances". Im not judging because I believe they will get going, but until they do, were going to be seeing many one goal games which in many cases we get burnt in the shootout.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
When Iggy is scoring, he's a liability. When he's defensive, he's over paid. Poor guy deserves better

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
When Iggy is scoring, he's a liability. When he's defensive, he's over paid. Poor guy deserves better

In that same vein: "We need Iginla to be more like Yzerman and focus less on just scoring."

"While it's great Iginla is putting up assists and playing well defensively, he needs to score more goals."

Yeah, he can't win.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

He does, but as long as this team has Iginla on the roster, they will push to make the playoffs and Iginla will be the main guy counted on to score goals, and I fear that if he cannot score goals and carry the team to the playoffs, fans are going to start resenting him and that's the last thing I want to happen to the Flames' best player of all time. He deserves better and should be traded to a contender and win a Stanley cup. Obviously as a Flames fan I would like nothing more then Iginla to spend his entire career with the Flames, but after what he's done for this organization, he deserves a Stanley cup and we all know that he has a better chance doing that else where.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad